Ellie Kidded! Pics Pg 2!

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
Ellie is one of our two single registered NDGA does. She was a rescue, along with her half sibling brother Sinatra (who didn't survive). Little Ellie is quite the miracle girl! I can't believe we've rehabed her to the point where she's ready to kid!

We bred Ellie to our itty bitty buck, Virtue for her FF because she was still pretty small at the time, so her offspring will be NMGA registered. Ellie will be for sale after kidding.

I have a date for early Oct for her to kid, but she was pen bred and might be due before that...she surely is building an udder! I need to get her kidding clip done so I can better see how it builds.

Here she is from June:
ellie061909.jpg

And last Friday:
ellierear82109.jpg

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
She sure looks healthy for being a rescue. Amazing what some feed and good husbandry will do, not to mention the love. :)

dianneS

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
She is beautiful. I have a horse named Ellie and a miniature horse that was a rescue too. He was in really bad shape and now he's big (for a mini) and muscular and beautiful and just plain bad (mischevious)! Rescues are so rewarding.

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
It really has been rewarding to watch her recover and grow!

Ellie would be worth more, but she has a disqualifying fault, so she's pet quality.

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
Ellie is in the barn under the camera. Because I'm so unsure of her date, I've stalled her at the first sign of soft and dropping ligs. Her udder doubled night before last, but still isn't tight. She is going to have AWESOME capacity...such a shame she has a fault! I think there's just a single in there. Wish us luck!

FlightsofFancy

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Wow! Ellie is looking great and she has come a long way, Baby! LOL!
I can't wait to see her baby...she has been one of my favs from the beginning! Good luck to you!!

Latest posts