Emergency....Dog Attack!!!

TxMom

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I know you're not a goat person...but I really appreciate you helping me. :hugs

I have food and water in front of them, but I haven't seen them drink anything...just little nibbles on the hay. I'm not sure if I should give them their goat feed right now. I have given them some sunflower seeds (just a little in my hand) to help lift their spirits...it's their very favorite treat.

I hven't taken their temps yet. My husband just got home from Tractor Supply with the Antitoxin and Pennicillin. We're going out there right now to treat them...

laughingllama75

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
How are they today? If they are not moving around at all, and the temp. is normal, I would get them up for a bit. Entice them with grain, push/pull them.....whatever you have to do to get them up. They need to move so they dont get stiff, and so all thier internals keep working. Poor fellas. I hope you get that dog........ :somad

TxMom

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
One of the goats (Gordon) is doing much better...he's up and walking around, eating, drinking, pooping, etc. all normally. He's limping a little bit, but still walking around...even tried to sneak into the chicken run :rolleyes:

The other goat is eating, drinking, pooping berries, etc, and seems in pretty good spirits (talks to me, eats treats and grain from my hands), but is not up and walking around. He stands up sometimes but won't put much weight on his front right leg. I'm really worried that maybe it's sprained, or worse...broken. I was really hoping he'd be almost back to normal by now... :hit When my dog broke her leg a few years ago, it cost us $1500 in vet bills - surgery, pins, etc... I CANNOT afford that now. I don't know what to do right now... I hope :fl :fl :fl it's a sprain and will get better quickly....

m.holloway

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
hey txmom, how are ya goats doing? Sorry to hear about the attack. Thoughts and prayers are sent your way. :hugs

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
:fl I hope it's a sprain too.
Is there any sign of infection on either of them?
:hugs To you.