Emergency Vet Trip for Pete- UGH!

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
x2 chickens are

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pete still looks like he has a bit of puppy looks still. Glad he got through it ok.

He does! He has a bit more Pyr in the face. He smiles like a Pyr but sometimes that smile looks like he is snarling when he isn't. He is a really wonderful dog. He is a favorite of the children. I love to smoochy his face. Last night I was kissing him while we were treating him.
Never a dull moment....but sometimes wouldn't it be nice to have some dull moments?

Yes. Dull would be so nice. I am wiped out! :th

He is VERY SWOLLEN today. He is on his meds. I just am hoping I don't end up ruining my vets day by needing to take him in tomorrow.
My crew will be fine as long as they have access to all the junk food while we are gone. Keeping an eye on him.

I really cannot be to angry about the situation. They don't like chickens in their goat field but dang- if they think something or another dog is messing with them it is crazy.
Pete is a really great guardian. AND a lovebug!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hope Pete improves. I bet some turkey and dressing would make him feel better! :drool

Bay I only wish he'd eat something "different". I tried to give him some burger last night. NOPE
He will not take anything "strange" raw deer meat, chicken, or his food... anything else and he won't touch it. So we just shove our hand down his throat to pill him. :lol: 3X a day :\

I may try liverwurst.

I wish I could bring him in the house for recuperation. :(
Makes me sad.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
My dogs are different. They will take nothing strange. They cannot be bribed or swayed with food.

Sometimes it is a PITB! Now- once they live in the house or accustom themselves to house visits they will take food offered after some time. But only in the house.:rolleyes:
Badger is house now so he has the I'll eat anything mentality.
Amy still will not take most house type food no matter what.

Reactions: TAH

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think that's fantastic. No strangers getting past your dogs!

I agree!

Many years ago (probably 35-40) there was a house in the neighborhood I grew up in and they had 3 (i think it was 3) highly trained GSD's.
HIGHLY protective.
One day, and it was definitely planned, robbers threw the dogs meat laced with something that would knock them out.
Dogs ate it and knocked them out and they robbed the house!

Years later there was another time where the dogs (different place) were trained to not eat anything not given to them unless by owner. Same tactics but different outcome.

I find dogs just amazing creatures.

Can't say my dogs wouldn't be tempted, I figure I would hear them before they even had a chance to eat something tossed to them.

BTW_ Pete is doing better today than yesterday.
Blue decided he missed Pete and his field so this am I found him in his field. :rolleyes:
At least he put himself back in his field but I am a bit irritated with this crew.... the only flaws I have seen with these Callie/D pups- too dang smart and too "helpful". All my dogs have always stayed where I put them but these guys have the attitude of something different.
I guess Blue decided he was healed enough, went over the 5 ft fence and put himself back.
Nice, just nice. :rolleyes: