WeegMisty

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hey, everyone! I am excited to eb here and know a bunch about horse I would like to share! First I want to know of the best horse supplies to have on hand of ray horse situation, since we know that horses are accident prone, and reckless! We have the basics covered, Vetrycin, a large bottle of betadine, vet wrap, gauze, anibaterial ointment, polo wraps, and boots to hold badges on. We also have a suture kit encase we wanted to do our own stitches, even though we would have to learn how to first!:p Wondering if there is anything else that is important to have on hand for horse illness and injuries! Thanks of reading this!
Ps. We also have an icing wrap for stress injuries, and a homemade soaking boot for that as well. Plus plant of sacrifice areas we can separate horses too. Thanks again! Avery

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I raised equine for years and very few, and minor, injuries. Worse was a broken leg from one kicking another ... Which I witnessed! More importantly is a good vet relationship for illness. Have items on hand for more common problems...colic, etc. Like us they get aches & pains on occasion....know how to handle those. I have meds for pain & swelling.

As to the leg...I stabilized...stalled...took to vet for cast.

WeegMisty

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I mostly want to the prepared for kicking injuries, and since there pasture is so wooded, then injuries form things like that. And then supplies for colic, and the more common things. Thanks for the help!

Latest posts