Evelyn's Kidding thread...2018

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Evelyn is having her second set of kids. She is ginormous. Her udder is huge and full. Her tail looks like a question mark. So where are those babies? When are they going to make an appearance? Tonight? Tomorrow? NEXT WEEK?
:barnie

Bonzai, the kids' daddy, could care less. He just wants more hay and alfalfa to himself. He wants the BEST jug for himself as well. Bonzai is hogging whichever jug that Evelyn wants to snuggle up in. He is a big fat pigacious buck.
:old
I shall be watching again tonight! Pictures will be posted when babies arrive. I know there are twins in there, maybe triplets?
:bow :pop :idunno

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Evelyn is having her second set of kids. She is ginormous. Her udder is huge and full. Her tail looks like a question mark. So where are those babies? When are they going to make an appearance? Tonight? Tomorrow? NEXT WEEK?
:barnie

Bonzai, the kids' daddy, could care less. He just wants more hay and alfalfa to himself. He wants the BEST jug for himself as well. Bonzai is hogging whichever jug that Evelyn wants to snuggle up in. He is a big fat pigacious buck.
:old
I shall be watching again tonight! Pictures will be posted when babies arrive. I know there are twins in there, maybe triplets?
:bow :pop :idunno
I cant wait to see them! New kids are so much fun!! Post lotsa pics ;)

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Sweet! looking fwd to your follow on reports (& pics of course). :fl that all goes well and soon!

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
OK. Here is the scoop.
I skipped my Spanish class, because I was so worried that I would miss the big event. Evelyn was even more huge than when I left her in the morning. Her udder was at about the gallon size and tight as a drum.

She was chewing her cud as calm as could be.:th

I called a friend who is new to goats and wanted to watch babies being born because I knew that was just the calm before the storm! We looked at my kidding kit; Talked about emergencies; checked on Evelyn; chatted about tubing babies; yada yada, yada.

We visited from about 7 pm till 10:30 pm. Bonzai decided to scare my friend by standing on his hind legs and showing her how tall he is. She decided to go home.
:smack:ep

Well, around 11:00, I let Evelyn out to walk around. She was hanging out by the hay feeder with her kid, Spice. My other goats won't let Spice sleep in their part of the barn, so she was scrunched under the hay feeder trying to sleep.

I heard a squack! It was 11:30pm. I went out and there was Evelyn with, not one but two, bubbles hanging out of her bottom. I dragged her back to the jug. She layed down and tried too push out two babies.

I washed up; Pushed one bubble back in ; Felt around and sorted out a pair of feet and a nose - which bit me - and got them in position. We, Evelyn and I, got a very big pair of legs and a big noggin out at exactly Midnight! Two minutes later, the other pair of feet, nose, placenta and all slid right out.

Two little does! They stood right away and nursed without a problem.
Pictures tomorrow. I promise.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
OK picture time. They refuse to show their faces. On the left is Kay Linda. She is the most rambunctious of the two.
WP_20180203_09_43_31_Pro.jpg

On the right is Kay Bonita. She is about two pounds larger than Kay Linda.
WP_20180203_09_43_46_Pro.jpg

Kay Bonita prefers to nap.
WP_20180202_08_57_16_Pro.jpg

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Two darling does and it looks like Kay Bonita has waddles! Double the pleasure double the fun! (as they say :) )

Good job to you and Missy Evelyn.

Latest posts