Evil goat on ice...what next...

EggsForIHOP

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
She was evil...she STOMPED 2 of my 30lb BBW turkeys today to get to their food...she tore up and escaped her pen to do that, bent in the fencing on my baby goat porch and was climbing their gate to get to them...it was mayhem, I had enough of her bad attitude and sharp horns and rearing up to stomp my poultry...I brought out the .22 got her close enough to get a clean shot in, and that was that.

The evil goat is now on ice in a cooler...I skinned her, gutted her, iced her down after a good rinse - like a deer - is that what comes next? I can turn an 8 point buck into roasts and steaks and ground meat pretty easily...is that what ones does with an older bigger goat? She was a 2 yr old togg/dwarf cross - thick built and ALL fat I swear...just greedy and evil this one...

Until today, we've only processed smaller "cabrito" type goats - that's like doing a big rabbit and my husband grills them in halves or whole just depending....but she was about a 90lb goat...so do I do the same as I would a deer? I am not having much luck googling this...just need a good direction to head with it....

And honestly, I still feel bad a little - maybe it's the knot on my eyebrow she gave me trying to get her caught up, who knows...but the deed is done and I wasn't wasting that meat - so what does one do next with a goat after the basics are out of the way? Somebody post me a link to follow...I SUCK at research!

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
EggsForIHOP said:
She was evil...she STOMPED 2 of my 30lb BBW turkeys today to get to their food...she tore up and escaped her pen to do that, bent in the fencing on my baby goat porch and was climbing their gate to get to them...it was mayhem, I had enough of her bad attitude and sharp horns and rearing up to stomp my poultry...I brought out the .22 got her close enough to get a clean shot in, and that was that.

The evil goat is now on ice in a cooler...I skinned her, gutted her, iced her down after a good rinse - like a deer - is that what comes next? I can turn an 8 point buck into roasts and steaks and ground meat pretty easily...is that what ones does with an older bigger goat? She was a 2 yr old togg/dwarf cross - thick built and ALL fat I swear...just greedy and evil this one...

Until today, we've only processed smaller "cabrito" type goats - that's like doing a big rabbit and my husband grills them in halves or whole just depending....but she was about a 90lb goat...so do I do the same as I would a deer? I am not having much luck googling this...just need a good direction to head with it....

And honestly, I still feel bad a little - maybe it's the knot on my eyebrow she gave me trying to get her caught up, who knows...but the deed is done and I wasn't wasting that meat - so what does one do next with a goat after the basics are out of the way? Somebody post me a link to follow...I SUCK at research!
My husband is a butcher, and he said yes, it's exactly like a deer. Sorry to hear that you are still feeling bad. :hugs Hope thing's aren't mayhem for you anymore. :D

EggsForIHOP

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thank you so much! Now I can finally rest with her on ice, knowing where I am headed with this...You know if ya'll were closer I'd ask to spend the day at work with your husband just to learn right? I swear, I SHOULD have gone to butcher college of some sort...and yes thank goodness...the mayhem is over I think...lord only knows around this place whats next though...

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
EggsForIHOP said:
Thank you so much! Now I can finally rest with her on ice, knowing where I am headed with this...You know if ya'll were closer I'd ask to spend the day at work with your husband just to learn right? I swear, I SHOULD have gone to butcher college of some sort...and yes thank goodness...the mayhem is over I think...lord only knows around this place whats next though...
You are welcome. Happy to know that you can rest now. Well he probably couldn't have you there, but I know he wouldn't mind showing you on an animal that you had, so yes, too bad you didn't live closer. I know I love that his boss lets me watch every now and then. I love watching him work, and plus it's nice to have a butcher in the family. My Dad has him take care of the cows. :lol: You are right about not knowing whats next, I hope for your sake, it's nothing but good things.