Ewe harshly head butting other ewe’s lamb

Julia Mary

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Any chance she's not fully female and has hidden testicles?
Oh does this happen much? How would I know? I have noticed that her behavior seems more like the ram and wether, and less like the other ewes. But I am new to sheep and don't really know a lot about them. Also, the ram was always very interested in the other two ladies, but never showed interest in her, but I assumed that was because she was smaller and less mature. She is the same age as the dark ewe, they are sisters, but I guess she was the "runt" of the litter, always much smaller. We bought them all together when they were about 3 months old.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score

Julia Mary

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
We have Katahdin/Dorper ewes and a registered Katahdin ram. We just finished with lambing and had 19 lambs. I got the prettiest, spottiest lambs I ever had.

Here's a link to my lambing thread.

Baymule’s 2021 Lambing | BackYardHerds - Goats, Horses, Sheep, Pigs & more

Your lambs are so adorable. Finns need to be sheared, will you be spinning the wool?
Oh thanks for sending the thread, I sure enjoyed looking at your lambs! The spots really are beautiful. I am just learning to spin, have only done it on a drop spindle and need to move up to a spinning wheel. I don’t knit that well though so may have to learn to crochet as I’ve heard that’s easier. We really just got a few sheep for fun, and maybe a little meat now and then if one needs to be culled. I do needle felt so will use the wool for that.