Ewe won't let newborn lamb nurse

Rin

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Give her another season...if she rejects next year you can make final decisions then. Sounds like this season has been taken care of. So glad she is mothering him!

Got any pics??
I'll try for some tomorrow. I'm so worried about jinxing it rn, haha

Rin

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Closest I could get before he swapped sides, haha. A true success. :celebrate
0325211326c-1.jpg

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's a miracle!
After the whole head restraint situation; she completely lost interest in him, didn't talk to him, ignored his cries etc.

Just went to hold her for a feeding and out of nowhere she started talking to him again. Curious, I gave some slack. She looked over at him. Gave his butt a lil nuzzle. Didn't move her teats away! So I backed away a little more and more. She just kept talking to him and nuzzling him so I kept inching away. She started to walk away but he had enough of a feed and she was still talking to him so I saw it as an improvement!

Just went to put the feed bucket away. I hear her still softly making her sound and - smek smek smek. Shine my headlamp over - sure enough! She was letting him suck away all on their own!
:bow:bow:yesss::yesss::highfive::jumpy

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nice looking pair! Good size on both of them and a successful farming episode....always makes me feel good!

Latest posts