Ewww, what is it?!

DellaMyDarling

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Undersides of Exhibit Annie.
New to homestead.
Looks scabby, some ooze. Surface skin mostly, flaky. I didn't do a 360* exam, just pics of udder region and underbelly while lifting a leg.
NONE on her face or ears, unlike the scary stuff Google suggested immediately.
Mites? Mange? Something else?

Bonus: she's got foot rot :(

Treatment suggestions please.
I can presume that Nasty Natalie will also have this stuff on her, as they came from same farm.

Attachments

• 1210191545.jpg
    1210191545.jpg
    352 KB · Views: 203
  • 1210191546.jpg
    1210191546.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 190

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
That first pic looks like sebum, just a secretion from the inguinal sinus located on either side of the mammary glands. Nothing abnormal about that.

DellaMyDarling

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
That first pic looks like sebum, just a secretion from the inguinal sinus located on either side of the mammary glands. Nothing abnormal about that.
Interesting!
Seems a bit out of control though.
My other suggestions all included washing her to see what happens so she's getting a nice undercarriage treatment today.
There's no odor to it, but a few spots of cracked skin. I don't see signs of infection at least.

The internets tell me a simple solution of warm water and copper sulphate for the hoof rot. Doesn't say anything other than soaking however. Does this seem adequate? It's so wet outside again, so I can treat and put her in the barn stall for a little bit.