Examining a new doe

Jego

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hi, all.

I think we may be picking up a doe from a breeder we don't know this weekend. I'm really nervous about being able to examine an unfamiliar doe with a breeder I don't know. If we were buying a buck or if it was a breeder I know, I'd feel a lot more comfortable, but I've never had much luck with does. (In my defense, most of my mean does were a larger breed we kept in the past.)

Anyway, any tips on getting it done as painlessly as possible? I don't know why it is making me so nervous. I think I'll practice with my best buck before we head up.

I'm most nervous about checking her teeth. :eek:

ShowsheenQueen

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hi, all.

I think we may be picking up a doe from a breeder we don't know this weekend. I'm really nervous about being able to examine an unfamiliar doe with a breeder I don't know. If we were buying a buck or if it was a breeder I know, I'd feel a lot more comfortable, but I've never had much luck with does. (In my defense, most of my mean does were a larger breed we kept in the past.)

Anyway, any tips on getting it done as painlessly as possible? I don't know why it is making me so nervous. I think I'll practice with my best buck before we head up.

I never usually buy adult does so mine are always sweeties so unfortunately that’s all the info I can tell you

Spokeless Wheel

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hi, all.

I agree with the others. Stay calm and relax. Think about the amount of $$ your spending to buy a good doe. You don't want to miss something just because your nervous. Just think of what the breeder would do if it was the other way around. Good Luck!

Last edited:

LilTxFarmer

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
When I bought my first buck and 2 does, about 3 years ago, I was excited about it. I had to travel about 50 miles to get them. They were 6 months old. What made me feel better about it was that the folks had a nice, clean setup. There must have been about 40 cages of rabbits under a carport. I bought the 3 rabbits and have had nothing but success with them, ever since. :celebrate

Latest posts