Expecting our first piglets: Babies are here

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
It has now been a little over a year since we first got our mangalitsa pigs, and man was it a learning experience. Between dealing with our nasty barrows and figuring out proper feed rations it was a lot. But after our barrows left and we had our sweet gilt left, we decided it was time we really jump in. So one farm visit later we added three piglets, and rented a boar. Within the second day, which was Nov. 27, of Randy(boar) coming she was covered multiple times. That week he did his job, and since then both him and our gilt have calmed down and no longer have an interest in eachother. So assuming he did what he needed too she would be about a month or so in. If Im being honest I already see a change in her demeanor as well as shape but I know most would say that this early in you wouldn't be able to see much. Either way Randy has been with her for two heat cycles so one way or another we hope he got the job done. He actually goes home soon and Im not gonna lie I will miss him, he is very gentle. I know we have a long way to go but I will sure be asking plenty of questions as we go along.

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thought I would do a valentines update for yall. Randy went home over a month ago, and we know he got his job done because Prissicilla's belly just keeps growing. She is starting to get the potbellied look, which makes sense as it is a little over a month until she is due. I also forgot to mention her due date is actually on the 21st of march so I was a few days off. She is getting so big and she has slowed down a ton.

One Month, getting a bit chubbier, but not much change
IMG_2340.JPG

Two months, her belly hasnt dropped yet but it is starting to poke out on the sides
IMG_2672.JPG

2.5 months belly has obviously dropped, and sides are poking out a ton
IMG_2788.JPG

Last edited:

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Maybe because she is approaching a ton! ;)
thankfully she won't get that big, however I would say shes at least 350-400lbs
I think she is going to have a pretty big litter :) However it is her first so we will see.

Latest posts