Expecting our first piglets: Babies are here

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nothing new, except she is getting crankier by the second. It also seemed she was breathing a bit faster but nothing that really says she is ready. Today she got mad at me when I stopped petting her. However I would like to share this video, you can really see the little ones moving, I think its incredible.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Not much longer to go! :clapMy goat Dot is about a week away as well... She keeps coming up wanting my attention and back/side scratches. I can tell she's very uncomfortable as well. She's gotta have twins and maybe even trips in there. She was nowhere near this big last year as a FF with a single.

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not much longer to go! :clapMy goat Dot is about a week away as well... She keeps coming up wanting my attention and back/side scratches. I can tell she's very uncomfortable as well. She's gotta have twins and maybe even trips in there. She was nowhere near this big last year as a FF with a single.
I love goats! Well all animals if we are being completely honest(off topic)... Anyways good luck to your dot, I will have to keep an eye out for those kid pics.

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Guys I honestly think we might wake up to piglets. But that being said this is my first farrowing, and although I have read articles and watched videos for hours, at the end of the day nothing beats actually experiencing it. Priss has getting more antsy by the day, and she has been getting less tolerant of everything. I spent a good amount of time with her today and it wasn't until around 2pm that I noticed her demeanor change. Her nesting is getting more intense and she has had milk since friday. My dad also said he was with her and she arched her back and then ran around her stall frightened, he also said she was acting very sensitive. She also is breathing quite fast now, not a full on pant but much quicker than she normally does. I was with her until about 9:30 PM and you can just tell something is changing, she was so restless. She would lay down for ten-twenty minutes or so then you could tell something was erking her and she would quickly get up, nose the ground for five minutes and then lay down again. Her nesting has also gotten to be more prevelant these past few days. Man I didn't want to leave her but I know from lambing that it really doesn't matter if I am there or not, I cant change the fact it is happening. Expect an update tomorrow around 8-9 AM EST as I will be (actually) waking up to see her.

Latest posts