Expensive sales of goats Shami ...

kuwaiti-90

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
This goat Shami was sold at a high price for the rest of the goats located in Kuwait because it is considered rare and strain.

Sold at a value of 10000 KD or about 33 thousand dollars.

5314DD90-E67B-4ECB-9AF5-0DDD810804C9.jpeg

38F73A94-3E7B-4A1E-966E-F1EF67842991.jpeg

kuwaiti-90

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
:ep WOW!

:th

yep, goat people can be kind of crazy! :D

He looks huge!
Is the Shami a dairy breed or a meat breed of goat?

The Shami goats are a source of meat and also the dairy , but this goats sell on the basis of competitions and beauty of the Shami goats.
(I do not see any beauty :lol:).

Actually some sheep and goat breeders have some madness in love owning the rare thing at very fancy prices. I mentioned in the previous year or before it sold a sheep with a value of 120 thousand KD to some breeder in Qatar (that's true !!) :ep I could not believe that the news was broadcast and displayed in Instagram. :barnie

Last edited:

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is madness :D

Yep, there are people who will "collect" rare things - I say they have more money than sense. ;)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose.
My favorite goat here is the Lamancha yet many are disgusted by their ears (or lack of ears really)- I think they are beautiful! :D

120 thousand KD
the conversion came to $1.46 MILLION is that right? :th
Hey, if you know who this was... send them to me I have a beautiful rare Lamancha that I would sell at a HUGE discount of oh, lets say half a million USD :lol::lol::lol: I'd even throw in a buck so they can have kids! :D

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Whew! I sure am glad that you said you don't see the beauty in this one! I find this goat to be highly unusual and interesting looking. But seriously, it has a head like a whale. I suppose if it were mine, I would love it fiercely, but at $33,000 not much chance of that! :lol:

kuwaiti-90

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Whew! I sure am glad that you said you don't see the beauty in this one! I find this goat to be highly unusual and interesting looking. But seriously, it has a head like a whale. I suppose if it were mine, I would love it fiercely, but at $33,000 not much chance of that! :lol:

This is not just a problem, there are goats sold at prices much more expensive than these ...:th
And the more the ugliness of the head increased the price of goats more ... o_O
Of course with increasing body size and neck also

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
This goat Shami was sold at a high price for the rest of the goats located in Kuwait because it is considered rare and strain.
What a stunner. That look is PRICELESS!

Makes my rooster look handsome.

Gordon.jpg

I'd love to give him a home, but he costs more than my whole flock of sheep, flock of chickens.......oh, probably better add in the farm, land, sheds and equipment....

kuwaiti-90

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
What a stunner. That look is PRICELESS!

Makes my rooster look handsome.

View attachment 41777

I'd love to give him a home, but he costs more than my whole flock of sheep, flock of chickens.......oh, probably better add in the farm, land, sheds and equipment....

You see this is not beautiful goat , me too :lol:
Because we are not in the same hobby, for these goats.
The rooster you own is pretty nice , but he is shaving to much :lol: I like it.

People who buy at these prices, prepare the place of goats or sheep with something fantastic to maintain and best care for them.
This is not the vault or rooms assigned to it.