Eye issue

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
Today I went out to feed the Kikos, as I do everyday, and this morning I saw that Moses' right eye was strange looking. It was a light milky looking color but you could still easily see his eye and his eye color. It's more like a light white glaze over his right eye. He also keep it mostly shut. Not all the way but most of the way shut. If I move towards him he will open it all the way up to run or jog away from me. A few hours ago I went out and caught him and inspected his eye. I checked the eye and the eye lids and nothing was in there. He wasn't tearing but I did see a tear line on that side of his face so he was tearing at one point. He can see out of it btw. Oh and just above the eye it looked just a wee bit swollen. So he has his right eye with a white glaze over it, he's keeping it mostly shut, there was nothing in it at the time I checked it, he was tearing, and it is slightly swollen above the eye.

Other than that he seems normal. He's eating hay, feed, drinking, etc. I was wondering if he may have gotten some hay dust or some feed dust in it. He may have scratched it on a thorn, as there are alot in the woods where he is.

What do you guys think it is or may be? Could this be Pinkeye and if so what do I need to do? I have never had an eye issue with goats before.

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
ThreeBoysChicks said:
Can you get a good picture of his eye? That might help!
I could try but it won't be today. It's cloudy and raining so the camera won't get a picture good enough. I my be able to try it tomorrow though.