Farm animal accidents in the news

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We have two farm animal accidents in the news here. I would like to remind everyone to be careful working around their animals and equipment. One of these guys was not lucky at all.

Bull Story Pig Story

Chris aka Barney

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Oooh...how well I know about that! I'm paying the reward of Maggie's attack every single day. I got some results yesterday from the myelogram tests. My lumbar and more is all messed up. T1, L1. L2. L3, L4, L5, S1 all have bulges, cysts, stenosis, you name it. That's not counting my neck and shoulders!

PLEASE EVERYONE!! Listen up!! Be extremely careful when entering and area where there are animals. I was hit 7 times by my cow (with my DH & Vet there). Be very cautious, a normal everyday thing, can turn in to a painful, painful life.....just think! Even a chicken can peck your eye out! Sounds crazy? Nothing surpises me anymore.

Enough of my woes! Have great day all :frow

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Chris aka Barney-I was hoping for better results for you. I suppose it's off to more surgery in the near future.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
running cattle is a dangerious job.you can get hurt badly or even killed working with them.bulls are like tnt they can explode without warning.

allenacres

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I wonder what breed of bull it was? Its really strange that you posted this today as I was awakened at 5:20am by a bad bull nightmare, nobody got killed in my dream but it was a very mean Highland bull which is also weird as Highland bulls are pretty docile. I trust our bull more than one of our cows.

Chris aka Barney, your injuries are a result of cattle accident? Did you post it on here or am I just not remembering...could be the latter.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Don't trust any bull! It doesn't matter how docile it is a bull can not be trusted! They can/will turn in a second. We had one that was a dream to work with. He was out in the pasture and DH went to bring him in. Just like that the bull turned on him. He got out okay but, we had to throw all kinds of stuff at him to get him in the barn. He went next market day. And we had to clean up the pasture.

Chris aka barney's thread:
http://www.backyardherds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9

Chris aka Barney

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Yes. it was posted here. Kitty has the thread in her post. she threw me around like a rag doll.

allenacres said:
I wonder what breed of bull it was? Its really strange that you posted this today as I was awakened at 5:20am by a bad bull nightmare, nobody got killed in my dream but it was a very mean Highland bull which is also weird as Highland bulls are pretty docile. I trust our bull more than one of our cows.

Chris aka Barney, your injuries are a result of cattle accident? Did you post it on here or am I just not remembering...could be the latter.

allenacres

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Oh I remember that now, just didnt make the connection. I wish you relief from your pain and injuries. :(

thanks for posting the link to the thread Kitty.