Farm Name and Herd Name... What is yours?

ThreeBoysChicks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
So we need to come up with a Farm Name and a Herd Name. In looking through ADGA requirements for a Herd Name, they recommend 15 or less characters for a herd name with a max animal name of 30 characters. So, what is your Farm Name and Herd Name?

redtailgal

Reaction score
Farm name is Thistledew.

Dont really have a herd name, but have a plant based theme going on.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
I really, really wish I'd put more thought into ours wayyyy back when.

I'm so tired of "Roll Farms" I could spit. But it's our USBGA, ADGA and website name, I hate to go changing it now.

Stacykins

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I got Lone Linden, with tattoo LLN as a herd name with both the AGS and NDGA. Didn't get it with the ADGA, hah, the tattoo was taken, haha.

The farm doesn't have a name really, yet. The family jokes and calls it Cold Comfort Farm (after the book and movie), but it isn't that dysfunctional! I chose Lone Linden because in the middle of a 15 acre hay field on the property is a huge American Linden tree all by it's lonesome. If I ever move away, I'll plant a new solo American Linden tree so it'll continue to have meaning.

Run-A-Muck Ranch

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Our farm name is.... "Run-A-Muck Ranch"........
As for herd names... We don't really have specific names... We have tried the theme names.... flowers, foods, movie characters, cartoon characters, opposite names(boys with girl names, girls with boy names), singer/band/songs, etc. etc... But in the long run, our kids come up with most of the animal names, and kinda go with whatever they feel fits the animals....
(we've had.... a jacob ram named "Tweety Bird", a turtle named "Chitty-chitty-bang-bang", a Pot Belly Pig named "Moo", etc. etc)

Stubbornhillfarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I hate to state to obvious, but we are Stubborn Hill Farm. No herd name. We were going with food related names for the cows at first; Patty, Stew, Chuck. But that took a turn when we got a Clyde and a Reba. Have fun picking your name!

KinderKorner

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Farm name is Kinder Korner

Herd Name is Kinder Korner for both KGBA and ADGA

Tatto is KK for KGBA
and KK2 I think for ADGA

Pretty simple. :p

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
I have been wracking my brain for a long time on this one. I like whimsy. When I get a forever home, I want something whimsical or a little nutty. I was thinking of Heart Nut Farm. It's the name of a lovely tree. It has a smooth shelled sweet walnut like a heart that that is kind of a cross between a walnut and a pecan. Herd name would be Seorang (Love in Korean).

My other choice for Herd name would be Heinza.

Latest posts