Farm Name and Herd Name... What is yours?

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
Hmmm.... Not registered. I will someday but for now; my farm names a secret. ;)

billyandtimmyplace

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Farm name: Crown Ranch
Names? well... The boys that are ending up in the freezer are always name Rocky, and just a bunch of other names. Like a cow with a floppy ear... Floppy! ( how original, i know :lol: )

capretta

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I'm 'Center of the Earth Farm' and I have yet to get registered with all my various breeding stuff ADGA, ABGA etc.
Why? You ask? My first goats were named Axel, Otto and Arne. Not my idea :rolleyes:
Anyone want to help me change it? I still have the opportunity!! :D I can't even remember if I liked that book, all I remember is how much I hated my Language Arts teacher...

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
secuono said:
What is a Heard Name and what's it for?
A herd name is used to identify an animal as coming from your farm/breeding on its registration papers. For instance, we use the name "Smith Family" to register our Border Leicesters. The "Smith Family" would precede the animal's individual name or number.....such as Smith Family 8015 or Smith Family Minerva. Some registries require you to register a herd name and some don't.

heather1029

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
My father in law wanted something unique- so we went with.... Belly Acres Farm...
Kinda weird I know :) But it works for us!

Heavenly Springs Farm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
My farm is Heavenly Springs Farm. We have all our animals registered with Heavenly Springs or Heavenly Springs Farm depending on how many letters the association allows. My son got Shetland sheep last fall. We couldn't use the farm name because it was too long. So his flock name is Matthews Farm. He was excited about that.

TTs Chicks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
heather1029 said:
My father in law wanted something unique- so we went with.... Belly Acres Farm...
Kinda weird I know :) But it works for us!
I love your farm name! I have some belly achers around here so your name hits home :lol:

Squirrelgirl88

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We did "Double G Farm" for the ADGA registration - last name first initial is G. The tattoo is GGF2

No theme for the animal names - DH kept asking why we needed a theme. Men. We have a cat named "Miss Kitty" a dog named "Stinky Dog", and one of our hens is "Knot Head".

No theme here, just stating the obvious I guess. :p

jarvisqh

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Jarvis quarter horses .. i guess thats kinda mom and dads .. but since itll be mine one day its mine too lol ..

the horses .. we try and make their registered names take something from the moms side and some thing from the dads.. and i liek giving them cute or cool registered names... like .. play baby girl .. all tuckered out .. heart on his shoulder .. lil janie .. .. my gelding "Blade" is silverados edge ( his sires name is little silverado ) when he was born .. i thought "man he looks sharp" so .. sharp led me to blade .. blade led me to edge lol ..
my goat herd .. is all african animals (i think .. okapi might be south america) just got in the theme when i named the first one (makin fun of her weight ) hippo now its hippo okapi zebra ellephant and giraffe .. (so far :) ) the dogs have random names .. i have Kahna (blue healer ) Dot (i was 7 ) ((blue healer) and the newest Fletch (the jack rat) he has a arrow on his head .. and the fletching on his nose .. :) thought it would be unique <3

all of my mare Buttercups babys have had B names blade, bravado, barracuda and breaker

janies are wierd names .. theres Tumbleweed .. and Cornbred.. lol .. we have alot of fun when it comes to naming the babies every year ..

my chickens did all have Norse names ( was going through a How to train your dragon kick <3) lol

the horses are the only registered animals we have ..so .. until i start getting registered goats .. itll just be the jarvis qh ranch lol

Latest posts