Farmer wanna be!

DoddleMom

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hi, Well I am learning fast! We sold our house in town, bought a farmhouse and barn. Last year I started out with 4 chickens, we now have 17. We got a momma mini donkey and her baby. 2 goats and just purchased 5 baby ducks. Today we got a red devon bottle baby and my life is complete! I am looking forward to all the information you seasoned folks have to share. We live in Pennsylvania. Husband is a logger and I am retired. Enjoying the country life. We have two dogs, who don't like sharing me with the farm animals!

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from western central Florida....:frow
It sounds like ya already have a grip on "chicken math" and tho ya say that your life is complete....I beg to differ with ya on that.....ya still have goat, duck, donkey, and cattle "math" to conquer before it can be complete.....:lol:
There are plenty of members here that can assist ya with everything that ya can face and are more than willing to do so. What breed of goats, ducks, and chickens do ya have?
Also, we all appreciate pics!!.....as ya browse thru the forums and threads, ya will see plenty of pic sharing....so, feel free to share as ya wish.....as ya browse, if ya have a comment, question, or advice just feel free to share it with us.....this is a really active forum, so if ya have a question it usually is answered fairly quickly by several members....if it is an emergency, be sure to post under the Emergency care threads....will be looking forward to following your adventures and seeing pics of the animals.....:)
Again.....:welcome

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Texas. We are retired, have 8 acres, Sheep, horses, chickens, 4 semi feral guineas, pigs in the freezer, 3 dogs and a garden. Living the good life!

Latest posts