Farmerjan's journal - Weather

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Son mowed another 15 or more acres today. His orchard grass at his barn; and a couple other lots across in the subdivision that haven't been built on yet that we get for hay instead of them paying for someone to bush hog.....orchard grass is on the property that they are supposed to come and start the road for the tower in a few days ?????... so they say. The orchard grass is ready and he will get it up just as they are due to come, so perfect. Another thing, since the cornish are there near where the road/driveway is going, and there will be vehicles up and down there, it might just get the "varmints" to go elsewhere during the day..... might solve my predator problem???? Here's hoping.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm sure a tractor and a rope or chain would snatch em out fairly quickly for ya....🤣.....sounds Great on the house loan.....and had an idea about the walls....if time is an issue with ya getting moved by Sept, ya can always find some cheap decent paneling to put up and replace with sheetrock a little later.....no taping, floating, or painting....put closets in with sheetrock....roughed in....:)

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@CntryBoy777 ; Hopefully, the walls are all pretty good....just the ceilings in the 2 rooms upstairs. I will just paint the walls downstairs for now, don't care if the upstairs ones get painted as long as the ceilings get done and if they need insulation.... that too. The whole downstairs rooms are in pretty good shape. GOT TO paint over the purple paint in the bedroom.... their mom really liked purple.... it's more a lavender I guess.... NOOOOOOOO Not for me. I want a pale blue in the bedroom, possible a very pale green or maybe sand color in the LR and maybe a real light yellow in the kitchen and or dining room. Keeping the walls light for them to look bigger.... got a back "mud room" too..... Ceilings that are sheetrock are white. If they need anything, they will be replaced with this beaded board... it looks like tongue and groove with a beaded edge on one side.... 6 or 8 inches wide. Possible to use maybe on a wall to offset painting????? I need to walk around inside it for awhile and get a feel for it. There is carpeting that is pretty new, neutral tannish color that I will have cleaned for now and hardwood older boards in the DR and linoleum in the kitchen when it was redone. Fine for now.

Was looking at tubs and surrounds..... not impressed at all. I have a clawfoot tub here and love the deeper tub.... looking at a couple of the "jaccuzzi" kinds.... about twice a "normal tub" but they are deeper.... and they seem to be much more "user friendly" and maintanance friendly than the old days..... might be worth the price for some "better soaks". Certainly easier than a hot tub that needs alot more care.....place to have it, all that....

Anyone have a jaccuzzi type tub? Pros / Cons ?????

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Miss @farmerjan,

Just caught back up on your journal after being away for over a week. I am SO HAPPY for you regarding the house and loan! I hope it goes very well for you. Then, once you get moved in and settled and after the haying is done, you can get your knees done. I am so glad this is coming together for you. You have suffered from physical pain and emotional pain from the landlord for too long. Finally you will be able to enjoy life again!

Senile Texas Aggie

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Jacuzzi's can mold in the tubes that spurt the water around. Not sure what kind of neglect or misinstallation it takes to grow it, but one of the apartments we had had a moldy one. We have one now and I'm afraid to use it (I can kill and clean an animal but I'm a mold wimp, also very allergic). But if you think if it would make your life better, do it. Sore muscles might be eased by a soak in a warm tub. The tub will come with the necessary cleaning instructions and it probably won't be a big deal.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I want a "deeper" tub, like the old clawfoot tub I have now. I have the "bench" that goes across it that I got to accommodate this ankle replacement, to make getting in and out easier, and it is adjustable to fit most any tub and is very sturdy/stable. I would use that again for shower use. It just fits right on top of the tub edges. Best $20 I have spent. The normal bathtubs are so short that if I were to put this shower bench across the top of them, I would sit down so far and low, I would never be able to get back up. I don't want to put in just a shower with a seat because then there are no options for a "tub bath" of any kind. I considered it but no, I want to be able to take a "bath" and I would like to have more than a 12 inch depth. I am considering getting a clawfoot one for the new place, I don't have any trouble getting in and out using this bench across it, I can easily sit on it and swing my feet over into the tub. But you are dealing with having to have a shower curtain on both sides to be able to keep the water in during a shower, and being careful that it overlaps at the opening at the ends..... whereas a tub of any normal dimensions, has the option of a "surround", or even tile, to keep the water off the walls and into the tub. So I was looking at it as a compromise of sorts, with the greater depth to be more like the clawfoot, the ability to be just used as a shower with not having to worry about the shower curtains covering all the way around & diverting the water into the tub/drain and not all over the floor. I wasn't looking for the jaccuzzi type especially, but thought, well why not.... it's deeper and would give a "massage" with the water jets. But I want to know the pros and cons of it.
Thanks, @rachels.haven for the insight on that. I haven't done a lot of looking yet. But there is way too much upkeep for a "hot tub" type of being able to soak and get some massaging from the water movement. So I just wondered about the jaccuzzi type tubs.

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I want a "deeper" tub, like the old clawfoot tub I have now. I have the "bench" that goes across it that I got to accommodate this ankle replacement, to make getting in and out easier, and it is adjustable to fit most any tub and is very sturdy/stable. I would use that again for shower use. It just fits right on top of the tub edges. Best $20 I have spent. The normal bathtubs are so short that if I were to put this shower bench across the top of them, I would sit down so far and low, I would never be able to get back up. I don't want to put in just a shower with a seat because then there are no options for a "tub bath" of any kind. I considered it but no, I want to be able to take a "bath" and I would like to have more than a 12 inch depth. I am considering getting a clawfoot one for the new place, I don't have any trouble getting in and out using this bench across it, I can easily sit on it and swing my feet over into the tub. But you are dealing with having to have a shower curtain on both sides to be able to keep the water in during a shower, and being careful that it overlaps at the opening at the ends..... whereas a tub of any normal dimensions, has the option of a "surround", or even tile, to keep the water off the walls and into the tub. So I was looking at it as a compromise of sorts, with the greater depth to be more like the clawfoot, the ability to be just used as a shower with not having to worry about the shower curtains covering all the way around & diverting the water into the tub/drain and not all over the floor. I wasn't looking for the jaccuzzi type especially, but thought, well why not.... it's deeper and would give a "massage" with the water jets. But I want to know the pros and cons of it.
Thanks, @rachels.haven for the insight on that. I haven't done a lot of looking yet. But there is way too much upkeep for a "hot tub" type of being able to soak and get some massaging from the water movement. So I just wondered about the jaccuzzi type tubs.
Jetted tubs can definitely get mold in the pipes, that being said I've had a jetted tub for 25 years & have had no issues. I believe that most new jetted tubs are fully draining. That is something you can find out when you're researching different tubs and would be a must have in your new tub. I'm with you, I need a nice deep tub to soak in!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@drstratton thank you for the insight. I will ask about whether the tub is fully draining. It's not like I need it tomorrow, but once the house situation becomes final, and I hope I am not assuming too much since it seems like it will be a go, I want to get what I want and need and have it at the house so that when they do get a chance to get into it, I have everything there, ready and waiting. It's not that I take a soaking tub bath that much, but I do like one especially in the winter when it is cold out and I want to get warmed through. But you don't know about something if you have never had it, unless you ask around. I do see that they come with an access panel or not.... to me that is a no brainer. Of course it is a little bit extra, but sure beats taking out the darn thing if something doesn't work. And maybe I will see something different in the meantime that isn't too ridiculously overpriced.

Latest posts