Farmerjan's journal - Weather

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
While I KNOW you do not want carpet....you may find a piece at a good price to put in until the floor can be refinished? Maybe next yr? If it's a hold up for moving, I'd sure be thinking about such. We just don't know how "bad" the floor actually is.....just paint on it? the finish flaking off? Badly worn spots, etc.?

ANY chance that it could be cleaned up and waxed heavy to hold you for a while???? Sometimes no -- I understand. Are you on this experienced man's list? That might be an advantage. Since it's an empty house you "may" get him to work you in sooner -- if he will come look -- no furniture to work around and all that stuff. :idunno

YES, I'm trying to get you MOVED IN! :lol: :lol: I'm ready!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had never used one, but did a passable job on my floor. Then i got a swiffer sweeper and taped fine sand paper to it and ran over the floor with that.

Yeah, what kind of shape is the floor in?

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
YAY......Have 2 leads on people to do sanding.... and one said he will call me back in the morning when I have service up at the house since I can't talk to him from here, and he was not in a position to have a long conversation when I caught him on the phone. The other lead; he did the floors in the house the previous owners built.... not this house but the one they built across the road as younger married folks and raised their kids there. This is the "old homeplace".... So that is a possibility as he said they need to get their floors redone after 30 years. Said there was a young guy then working for the owner of the business, and they think that the owner finally recently retired.... in his 70's....and this younger guy took it over. So might have another possibility.
FINALLY SOMETHING VERY PROMISING......

No, I am not moving in until the floors are done and I have a bathtub/shower..... But if I can get the LR and Hall floor done.... then I can at least start getting more stuff moved and put away.... feel like I am making progress.

SCORED ANOTHER UNEXPECTED PLUS...... I was in town; had to go pick up a bearing for the discbine....for the bottom roller...you want to talk about expensive equipment.... $180.00 for a box with the bearing that is no bigger than my fist..... OUCH....and went to Lowe's.... seems like I live there; after I went by the stockyards and sat for about an hour watching prices. Am very glad that we sold the steers a month ago as the prices are all over the place.... but mostly $.10 to $.25 LESS per pound than when we sold. I didn't stay for the heifers.
So I was looking at different things, and happened to find a 1 gal can of "mistint" deck sealer type paint... for $9.00. in what is called "badlands red".... not quite barn red, but pretty close. A little "darker" tint, rather than the real "red" of barn red. It is also the "solid" rather than semi transparent, so will look more like a paint, but it is the sealer type stuff. So I grabbed it. Not as good as the 5 gallon bucket, but still alot better than regular price....So that was good.
Then found a few odds and ends on the clearance shelves... and checked out the appliances and all. Happened to go down the aisle where the counter tops are and there was a 25" x 4 ft butcher block counter top that was out of all the sealer plastic. It is normally $119.00 for the 4 ft; $229.00 for 6 ft; $269.00 for the 8 ft long pieces. So I asked .... can't hurt right? It had a miniscule chip of one piece of the wood.... probably from hitting on something... like the size of a half an eraser on a pencil.... but I asked if maybe it had been a return since it was out of the protective plastic wrap. The guy that had asked if I was finding everything alright, and that's who I asked, turned out to be a "floor manager" or something like that.... so he looked it up on his trusty phone... inventory... and said that I could have it for $90.00. I said that I would take it because I had one counter top where the formica was coming off, and could put it on there and then see if that was really what I wanted.... but that I was pretty well decided on it. So I saved $30.00 on that which is 25% so that was pretty good. Also found one of those "wire racks" that you use like for shelving in a closet or utility room... marked down from 14.98 or something to 8.00 then down to 2.00...... don't know where I will use it, above the washing machine maybe.... but the brackets for the wall and all were there.... I spent 108. and change for all of it and the counter top alone would have been 120.....
I was very happy....

Before I went to town, the previous owner came by and asked if I minded if he went across the lawn in the morning to take the bulldozer down the road to tear out some old falling down fence that needs to be rebuilt.... it is across the road from the house, down the dirt road. We rent that pasture and we had a couple of calves out constantly last year. The fence is just shot and patching holes is futile. So DS had mentioned that we really needed to rebuild it, and so David said he would go and tear the old down with his bulldozer and then we can just rebuild new. No cattle in there until probably Dec... it is winter pasture and closeby for feeding in the winter. Going to put a gate in the end too, so we can get into the one part that needs bush hogging, because you practically bury the tractor going across the small creek and wet ground... Been 3 years since it was done and the autumn olives are taking it over. So I said of course he could go across the lawn to get there.... saves several hundred feet up the paved road then down the dirt road.... and I asked if he would mow the rest of the "lawn" with his bush hog when they were mowing inbetween the Christmas trees and I would gladly pay him. He said they (him and his BIL) would get it mowed that afternoon and that he didn't want me to pay him. This solves the problem with it not getting done yet... I will get the bagger on the mower that is now running, and remow and bag it, and start putting it around the trees and on the spot of the lawn I want to make garden next year and hopefully kill some of the grass.....They used the zero turns and it was thick, I thought they would use the bush hog on the tractor.... but it was all mowed when I got back this evening.... bless their hearts. When he came in to ask about moving the dozer... He was surprised that I was sanding all the baseboard heater covers... and I said if I was going to paint them, then I needed to do it right so that it would last. He said, well we didn't do more than simple maintenance for years, with her mom, and I said, hey, they are in good shape overall, but while there is nothing in the way, and I am still waiting on the floor sanding, this is the time to do it....he said it was nice to see it being revived.... and I said that I was going to do some things different but that mostly it wouldn't be changing that much and he said that it was good that it wasn't going to fall into disrepair.....

This stops the aggravation with jim too. I will find the time to do the mowing and bagging and he won't be able to talk about how much time it is taking him to mow it.... and it won't put alot of stress on the new belt since it was just mowed. I know it will take some major time to do... and I will be dumping the bags every 10 feet probably.... but I will get it done. Maybe if it doesn't rain on Sunday.... they are calling for some possible showers but now it looks like they will stay more south.... probably @Mini Horses will get more of it along the coast.... we have 40-50% chance... but the last 2 days we have had that and have had one "sprinkle" shower....

And of course with the "finds" at Lowe's.... I forgot the BEE/WASP/HORNET SPRAY, again......It is at the top of the to do list for tomorrow when I leave to go to test early.... I need to be at the house by 9:30 the latest so that I will have service for the floor sanding guy to call.... so have to have all the sample bottles loaded and all that....meters are already on the truck for set up there.....
I did get the last of the baseboard heater panels sanded and outside to get washed off real good. Just have the "top piece" that is attached to the wall on the one side because the bathroom vanity drawers are still there waiting for DS to shave off the side a little more where they get caught on the trim on the door. If he doesn't get to them before Eric comes back, I will see if he has his skill saw or whatever, and get him to take off the 1/4 inch or so. He will be putting in some of the new decking boards where the few are splintered and all real bad....so ought to have something.... don't want them "rough cut" but just basically a thin edge cut off. They were trimmed when it was put in I guess, as they are more square on that side if you look at them close....I am just tired of them sitting on the floor there.... and I am not going to keep moving them to get this stuff done.

And now, that I got that piece of butcher block top... I am going to go ahead and get Eric to see about doing the "remodeling of the fridge space/cabinet" ... and taking off the little "breakfast bar" that sticks out and then I can have the butcher block top put on the modified cabinet, have the moving tall pantry shelf cabinet taken out and the top cabinet fixed so that it is capable of handling a bigger width fridge in the future....Then I will be able to make sure that is the "top" that I want and can plan for it in the future for the rest of the counter tops when I decide what to do about the sink and all that. That is definitely not in the plans now... I just figured that I could get that one done, get the fridge space fixed right, and then be able to get a better feel for the kitchen space. Basically get the cabinets more like they were really meant to be originally.... and it will be more useable to me too. It won't have to be done tomorrow, so can work into his schedule....

I have to find the dry time to get the deck sealed too after he gets the few boards replaced..... and I am testing more again too since it is cooling off a bit. Have to work around the farmers schedules too with chopping and feed changes and all....PLUS we have hay to make, as soon as he starts cutting it again. That means the discbine has to have this bearing replaced first, and then to replace a couple of the belts on the baler that broke. They can be spliced back together if they aren't too worn, but a few are getting pretty old and may just need a new one........ they cost like $300.00 each.... there are 8.... But we do bale alot of round bales with them....

So tomorrow is talk to the floor sanding guy in the morning.... maybe get the couple of heater panels washed off good and put on the porch to dry and go to work and run the errands on the way...get the wasp spray... maybe stop to get a few things at Advance Auto for the truck so I can get the oil changed next week, go look at the outdoor wood furnace; be at the barn to set up by 1 p.m. to milk by 2 p.m. ... and drag myself home after about 7 or 8 p.m. ....

Think I had better get a shower and go to bed now....:th:hide:ep

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
The floor is in really good shape except it has paint splatters from previous people. It is dull and just looks "sad". It is pine, I've been told, so a "soft" wood; not like oak or a harder wood. But it is in very good shape, narrow boards but some grain.... no gouges or anything like that. I think that the mother had an area carpet on it. Maybe these leads will get me somewhere. I don't want to attempt it with it being pine, and I am not going to try with the limited strength/control in the right hand from the accident all those years ago... I will do the polyurethane or what ever if need be, although most of the floor finishers do the sanding, floor coating etc... as part of the price. But I am flexible on that if they are busy.... finishing means several trips back to do multiple coats.... so I can save them that if they can get it sanded.....Let's hope for some good news tomorrow.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Polyurethane will get bubbles in it, it is hard not to get bubbles. For that perfect slick beautiful finish, you might want to get the professional to do it. I did my own floors and no matter what I did, I got bubbles. It was frustrating. It might save you time in the long run to have the floor guy do it.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sunday morning. Going up to the house in a little bit but wanted to do some catching up here.

Well, the floor sanding guy didn't call and I left a message on his phone. The funny thing is when I went to the farm to test and mentioned that I was looking for someone, one of the guys who is working there (he's fairly new as he wasn't there the last time I tested 2 months ago) said, oh you need to call Billy at Millenium Floor sanding....he's real good, he's a friend of mine.... and that is the very same guy that was supposed to call me back :ep :he:he.... So I will try him this afternoon/evening. I sorta doubt he is a church going person from what I see of the friend working at the farm. But I will give him the benefit of a doubt and not call this morning. Thought that I had things progressing......:idunno
Will try to get the other guys name and number from the previous owners.

So, I did get the baseboards washed off yesterday morning and left on the porch for the day to dry off. It sprinkled a little bit but they will be dripped dry and I can move them in the house if need be. But this front is supposed to go through today, coming in from the west, and then we are due to have drier weather by Tuesday. I'm not going to put them back in until the floor sanding is done.
And I did run the vacuum to get up the dust from the tops that I sanded in there so not tracking that ll over.
I would prefer the floor sander/finisher do the finish on the floor too @Baymule . But I have worked with polyurethane and it isn't the worst.... varnish can be a real B@#ch.....Used to re-poly my wood floors in Ct once every year or 2; due to the traffic and all in the "mud room" entry. They were yellow pine and were real pretty but they really got used and abused with dirty wet feet, boots, snow, dogs, and all that.

So, I went across the road to the field and DS was wrapping the sorghum since the other guy didn't show up to do it Friday.... he went and got the wrapper and was putting the bales on it to wrap. They got 8 wraps due to the stemmy nature of the sorghum. It went pretty well.
Talked to him a few minutes, and then left to go to the nurse cow field and then did the meat birds. I have an additional chicken in the pen now. It's a speckled sussex pullet. Seems that the gf's sister got 6 for the daughter to have. But she is only 9 and doesn't want to do the feeding and such on a regular basis. A couple got killed, I think they didn't lock them in, and then they weren't getting fed very well and son mentioned that if I found a couple of extra chickens in there don't be surprised. So they were down to 2 when he said something to me last week. Well, guess another died or disappeared, because there is one in with the 3 meat birds. I will put her in with my purebreds as soon as I get them moved up to the house. The sister isn't very dedicated to taking care of them either.... I don't know if he just took it and let them think it disappeared too or what. But I am not saying anything, at least it will get fed and watered....
And there was another possum in the trap yesterday. Didn't have the gun with me, I was on the way to work, so will dispose of it this morning when I go up. It is a BIG possum.

So, on to town and my various errands. Actually was running late since I had talked to DS for a bit, so went directly to the wood furnace place. Very big place and some really NICE different type of inside stoves and all. Got the brochures, went out to look at the furnace after listening to all of the info. It is a Central Boiler brand. They have gotten "fancier" with all the epa rules and requirements.... but are not hard to take care of on a daily basis. It was about what Rocky had said. The smaller one which should do an 1800 sq ft house is $9,000. It meets all the restrictions and all that. They do not have the solar panel I thought they offered, to be able to run the motors(pumps) that move the water through them. That was something I was really looking for. It would have to be hooked up to something like a whole house generator....to run if the power went out.
So to get it totally installed, with them doing all the work, site prep and all, would be in the neighborhood of 12,000. That is what Rocky said.... but the lady I talked to said that most people feel that the payback time is 3-4 years... especially if the house is not super well insulated. She asked what the fuel oil costs were now and I explained that I just bought the house so didn't have any idea and it had been 8 years since it was lived in....
I explained that I was up in that area so wanted to check it out. That I was not going to do anything right now, but wanted to do some planning and get an idea of what I was looking at putting out.
I could easily pay Rocky and Steven to do the prep stuff I am sure... doubt that ds would have the time with the way things are lately.... but I would ask him first of course....consists of making a stable "pad to put it on, digging the trench to the house" then the hook up into the system. Something to look at. I think that I would get it "paid for" in 5 years because the house is decently insulated but not near like what Rocky's is.

Then I had to go to the farm to test. Set up and it went pretty good. Had a couple of guys there, and the cows moved right along. Got done and all the computer work done, only a couple of cows not accounted for, instead of the 10-12 that is normal, and was out of there by 7 p.m. which was really something. So was there at 1:30, had help carrying stuff in, got set up, milking by 1:55.... done by 5:30.... computer work while the system is washing, and loaded and done at 7......
So since I didn't do any other errands on the way, stopped at Walmart to get the prescription, and guess what.... was there at 7:45 and the pharmacy closes at 7 now.....:barnie. I was very frustrated. I have PT on monday so will have to go back by there then. I am not making a special trip in today. I have to take it at least an hour before the appt.... they said to take it that morning....
BUT, I did get the wasp/hornet spray... on sale in the garden dept as they are clearing all that out for the holiday stuff... got some seeds that were left over, a few long "S" shaped hangers for plants at markdown.....and a "welcome" mat for the front door that I treated myself to.

So tomorrow I will go by Advance Auto since I have a rewards coupon thing, get the oil filter for the truck, and a relay switch as it gave me some problems a couple days ago and I like to keep a spare.... one of those electronic things that is mass produced and when they quit.... truck won't start. I have figured out what it is now so easy enough to replace when it acts up. It does it more in the hotter weather.... not a big deal anymore but the first couple times I was all of a sudden stranded.....come to find out it is a common problem in these rangers....
And go get the prescription.... then hopefully come home and maybe be able to do some of the painting of the baseboards ????

I will pack the samples today from this farm, so all I will have to do is take them with me and drop off on Monday morning.

I want to go up and spray the nest....Oh yeah, @Mini Horses .... I grabbed the can of WD-40 in the tool box and it was pretty much empty.... so didn't want to get a little spray and then get stung. I have used it before so yeah, it does work... you are right. But the cans of wasp spray wound up being cheaper so got a couple of them to have around... and will get another wd-40 can when I get my "workshop" organized.....
So if I get them sprayed today, and mostly killed, then maybe by tomorrow, I will be able to get in there and work and start cleaning it out. Got to remember to take the flat bottomed shovel up to clean out the debris....didn't take the 4x4 up there yet with the water tank so might do that today too.
It is very cloudy, grey, and feels like rain so don't think I am going to get on the lawn project of cleaning up the dry grass. Got to go chase down my gas container that he was going to go fill.... and get the bagger stuff for the mower because I don't know where he has that since it was at my son's barn when he was "making one mower out of the 2" .....and it didn't get brought up there with the mower the other day....

Actually, I need to eat something... stomach is growling.... and bring the samples in the house from the truck so I can get them packed today. Feels like a lazy kind of day so need to get motivated and get going or I will get lax about getting anything accomplished.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Feels like a lazy kind of day so need to get motivated and get going or I will get lax about getting anything accomplished.

Common problem -- I'm experiencing it today BUT -- have gotten into gear! We DO DESERVE a day off now and then, ya know? 😁

Tried the weed eater I stole, LOL, works fine. One battery charges, the other nada. So I ordered 2@ $29. cost. Still a good purchase at $39. total -- I've used it this morning. While not as strong as those gas ones -- not as heavy either & push button. Works for what I want.

You reminded me -- I need to set dental & vision apptmts for next month. Want to get all that done before end of year when my insurance goes back to zero. I have all this year's to use and want to do that! Know I have a couple fillings to replace -- fell out -- and $1,200 available to do for 2020. Vision is free exam and $200 toward glasses. Unused won't carry over to 2021. Don't want to "waste" it.

Sounds like you "may" get your chicken pens set and up at new place before winter. Will be easier to tend them. But, if not...always next year. :yesss:

Look at your carport -- you may be able to put cable up across top area to hang stuff....like clothes? Or a small loft-- storage.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
BEFORE I GET INTO ALL OF TODAY'S GOINGS ON.... MY APOLOGIES FOR THE RANT.....

Home for the night. I did get some things accomplished. Got the nest sprayed and nearly got stung as they are the wasps that are striped like yellow jackets and they are very aggressive. But they got sprayed/foamed and I got the nest down. Took the broom and swept up some stuff. Jim had swept some up in a pile but said that if I didn't have any garbage bags he didn't have anything to put it in. There was an old 5 gal bucket there with 5 pieces of 2x4's in it from building the doors they put on.... HELLO..... put the pieces on the workbench and put the junk in the bucket.... it has 2 cracks in it so not like a good bucket. I mean really..... :hu :barnie:he:idunno:th:th

Then I went to put the grass catcher on the mower, and it won't work. Doesn't sit straight on the back and so the tube won't go in the hood. I went down to the barn where he had the rest of my old mower, to look at it to see if there was any other bracket or anything... and he questioned what I was telling him that it wouldn't work. I did manage to get the other "bag" that hangs on the back that was left there at the barn. He said that he was going to come up and get the mower and go down to the stone house to mow and I said, "no, that is not a priority today. " I wanted the grass catcher on this mower so I could use it. Just p**** me off again. He said he would be up to the house in a little while to see if we could get it working on the mower.
I went back to the house, that is when I did the wasp nest and then swept the floor and put the stuff in the bucket. Then
I went in and got the rustoleum paint for the baseboard heaters and decided to try it on the one set that goes in the utility room. Since I can't use the spray cans in the house on the attached pieces, too much overspray areas to try to cover up..... I am using the can of paint and a brush. Wanted to get a feel for the paint. It goes on different than just 'regular' paint. So I did the 4 end pieces and then the 2 long front pieces. Then left them on the cardboard on the concrete porch to dry. I also put laundry in to wash inbetween, then put in a second load and went out to hang the first load. Then hung the 2nd load. It had gotten sunny and was a bit breezy so a PERFECT day to hang clothes. Unfortunately it was late in the afternoon so they will not get brought in until tomorrow. But now the rain chances have greatly diminished....
Then I went and took the hinges off the old doors to the shed.... the guys asked if I wanted them to take the old wood off and I said no.... (I cannot see wasting the old hinges).... I would have reused them on the 2 new doors but; oh, well.... 2 are "frozen" though, so I have soaked them with oil which is all I have there right now. I cannot get the screws out of the one that is frozen (rusted?) ... will have to work on that tomorrow inbetween things. Will pick up some PB Blaster tomorrow when I am out, to use and to have there for future. But I got 5 of the 6 off the doors and there is one decent 2x4 that I am going to salvage. The rest are more rotten than not. With the price of lumber through the roof now, I am not going to throw away stuff that I might need....Keeping all the pieces that the guys are leaving behind also... never know when I need a short piece for something.... even just to block something up.

Saw my son as I was getting ready to leave, he had hauled a couple rolls of hay to the row of hay across the road so I went over to talk to him for a minute. He said he did go help haul a load of cattle for our retired vet friend, home from their place in WVA, and had forgotten to call me last night so I could go. Like I expect anything different anymore. So then he asked if jim had come up and I said no, that the grass catcher won't work and I hadn't seen him all day after I had been to the barn. Which he knew, since jim took him out to get his other truck at the place where he had gone to get the round baler and left the truck there the other day.... then I proceded to get a lecture about how this tractor/mower isn't good enough to mow and collect the grass and that jim has put in all this time and he is really pretty tired of working on it but he hasn't said anything..... and I made the comment that jim is the one who pushed me to get this other mower when mine all of a sudden had these breakdowns, and that it would interchange and all this.... and then he said I need to just go buy a zero turn one and be done with all this and forget about the catching the grass....
Then he said, I'm not trying to tell you what to do but you aren't being reasonable about the grass, and there is too much lawn to mow and you are going to have to do something different....this one is just not going to stand up to this. WHEN I was not the one who was so gung ho in the beginning to get this other mower and make one with mine that all of a sudden started having problems.....??????
REALLY...... like I'm going to spend 3-5,000 on a mower????? AND I WANT TO CATCH THE GRASS for mulch for the garden. So, as of right now, that is it for any work on the mower from either of them. I didn't expect this mower to last forever.... but I want one that I can catch the grass. And it seems to me that there have been many over the years that have done that so why all of a sudden is it "not practical"?????? I do not want to be constantly mowing to keep it cut so that the little pieces will "mulch" into the grass....and I am not going to spend 1,000's on something that will only mow the grass.....
Maybe time to look into a small kubota type tractor with a mower that I can catch the grass.... I will get by this year one way or another.... but I will do it by myself. Looking at the lawn sweepers that pull behind to catch up the grass.... might be the easiest way to do it.....

So as he is getting ready to leave he said that we will be cutting hay this week.... but he didn't get the discbine torn apart or the bearing that I had to go get, put in yet. And then he made the comment that he just couldn't seem to get motivated to make square bales and the orchard grass is ready for 2nd cutting....
It is all because he is always in a rush to get down to her house in the evenings rather than get some of this work done when it needs to be done. The square bales is where he makes his money to help pay for all the expenses of making all the hay.........I am just sitting here not believing what I am hearing.... yet he wants to buy "doug's farm" as they have put a price on it..... that's where we do all the main cattle work......I will not be offering to help out on it with any kind of financial assistance as I understand now that she is on the receiving end of a percentage of his life ins if anything happens to him.... said that I would be getting the greater amount after things were paid off, but that this way "we" would not be put in a difficult position to have to sell things off to make payments or anything if something happens to him.... OKAY.... his life ins, his life..... but I am not going to be a part of this screwed up mess. Seems like he did this before he broke his hip, and that was before she screwed him over with the ex-boyfriend.... yet he is still thinking this way..... :ep :he:barnie:he:idunno:smack:duc:rant:ep:ep It's beyond my comprehension.

Then he turns right around and says that he will stop by tomorrow and put the new faucets in that are leaking for the washing machine and that he got the other parts to do the sink in the utility room??????:idunno:idunno:idunno I just don't get it.

Sat for a little while on the porch while eating a sandwich, and realized again how much traffic goes up and down that road and how much I don't like it. Going to get things done, and fixed up and all, and then start looking..... Get out of the rental, get in here.... get the knees done in the next year and get back on my feet..... and then see f there isn't some place that is "calling my name".... maybe even rent this place and not sell since it ought to appraise for a good bit more once it is in good living condition.... Have several ideas to get it more "private" from the road traffic with shrubs and some fencing.... priced the "privacy fencing" like stockade fencing.... and might put up a bunch of that next year....
The wood furnace will be put on hold for a bit.... but at least I know what I am looking at. I think that I might go on and plant some more white pines along the dirt road where there are some now. They do a good job of muffling the noise and screening the road from the property....no worrying about line of sight for traffic coming or anything.... and use the 4 ft high - (1/2 size) privacy fences in the front along the paved road as trees would hamper the line of sight too much. I don't know, that is not the priority, but definitely above the wood furnace now.

So okay, I got it off my chest. Sorry but I am really totally at a loss for his thinking.....

Tomorrow I will take the samples up to go out UPS.... go to the therapy appt. Go get the prescrip and go to Advance and use the rewards coupon and get the oil filter and relay for the truck, and the PB Blaster... Stop by the one place that has lawn equipment and just see what all they have to offer since it is right there where I will be. Maybe I can find a decently priced lawn sweeper to pull behind this mower and not use the grass catcher for now.... Get the white rustoleum paint for the baseboard heater panel for the DR... and try to get them all painted this week. I see some touch ups on the first ones I painted but I think I am going to like the dark brown against the dark brown baseboard trim in the couple of rooms. Sure is nicer than the rust and spots.....

OH...... GOOD NEWS..... got another name for the floor sanding.... so will call them in the morning too.....previous owners called and told me. I will make one more phone call to that other guy at Millenium floor sanding that has not called me back..... Maybe this latest (third name) is the charm?????:fl:fl:fl:fl

Going to get the samples packed and get a shower and hit the sack....