Farmerjan's journal - Weather

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, @Baymule , she is more than evil. She is totally off her rocker. They are trying to establish a relationship and friendship between my son and the "contact guy" with Verizon.... whom he had never met prior to the start of the tower application process.... trying to say he initiated the whole thing; when Verizon came to him.... I mean she is really truly crazy....she has a very bad reputation with people in the county offices because of some of the idiotic stuff she has brought up in the past. I can't say what you did, but am in total agreement.... only I have thought that fair justice would be for her to have it in an area that has no service and to linger in agonizing pain because she cannot get out a phone call.
I don't see where she is going to be able to "make a case" when this is all said and done.... but it is very nerve wracking and upsetting to him. His lawyer is good, and Verizon is now involved so they are footing the bill.

Tower is up, all the landscaping and fences are up. They are going to have to come back in with the crane because they put the wrong receivers on the tower and they stick out too far.... will have to replace with the ones that are only 18 inches out from the tower as was agreed on, not the 28 inches that the present ones stick out. Again, someone not paying attention to the final agreement and specs. Just like they put up a chain link fence and then had to come back and add the stockade type panels because that was what was agreed on at the meeting that last night before the approval was given.... OH WELL....
It has been an experience.

Got down to 48 last night. Sun is out and I am going to head up the hill here in a little bit. Still a cool 56 ....Going out to dig the rest of the daylillies, about 4-5 clumps maybe, and the reblooming irises... and hopefully the peonies. The rose will wait for after frost as it is still blooming. Got several bags of stuff to drop at the dumpsters....

Got to make the first mortgage payment too. Everything hit all at once and it will be tight for a couple of weeks while I get some of this stuff done. I will sure be glad when I am not paying both the rent and mortgage even though I knew that I was going to do it for a couple months. Sure hope that the floors get started pretty soon so that dusty mess is done with. Gonna take a few extra days to do the drying though because there is no heat in the house. I need to ask him about how long it takes to dry. No question in my mind... I will be out of the rental by the first of the year....not going to pay more than I have to. I had originally thought that Nov.... but the closing was off by a month, so then Dec.... but won't get everything done by then.... But Jan. 1st, 2021 I will OFFICIALLY be out of here and in there....

Gotta ask my son to please get those shut off valves back on the washing machine pipes so that I can turn the water back on in the house. At least I used to be able to use the bathroom.... now can't flush cuz no water... and yeah, I could get a bucket of water.... but come on.....
Haven't heard back from the guy about the outside work, getting the oil tank situated so I can get the furnace guy there to do that.
$$$$$$ and more $$$$$$$. Everything is taking twice as long and costing twice as much as I was kinda trying to budget for....

Kinda like when everything hit you guys @Baymule , and you decided to go back to work for awhile... I need another job for a couple of months....:th:barnie

Oh, I forgot, I have to go up and recheck and count the fruit trees so I can get some idea of the number of holes to get him to dig while he is there too. And get some stakes to get put in the ground. I have been told that 15 ft apart will pretty much be sufficient..... usually 10 ft for dwarfs....15 for semi-dwarf..... 20 for full size trees. The way the one bunch is planted in the field I am thinking that they are dwarf or semi dwarf. Got to get a tape measure and see how far apart they are now.... not that those people were the smartest so might not have known what they were doing anyway.... it is not life or death to get the holes dug but seems foolish not to do it when he is there. I would ask my son to do it with the backhoe he has, but he doesn't have time for anything else it seems.... I am going to probably ask him to dig the trees once it gets cold weather and they go dormant. He will have to dig the 3 at this house to move since they are alot bigger. Plan to put them at the end of the area I have designated for the fruit trees....and then put the other peaches near them... cross pollination if needed, as there is another peach here that was here and I think it might be cross pollinating mine.... owner gets a couple peaches off it and then the ground hogs get the rest when they fall....such a waste.
:th
I also sent an e-mail to a company that is called Edible Landscapes.... recommended to me at one of the plant nurseries that I stopped at the other day. Explained that I had an opportunity to "rescue" these fruit trees and move them, and wanted some advice and possible consultation.... guy is away and the lady that answered my e-mail, said that she would see that he got the e-mail next week when he returned and would see if they could offer me some help or advice. I mostly want to know if there is any special "tricks" I should know to getting them moved and pruned. That is one thing that I need to learn, pruning fruit trees properly so that they produce fruit and are strong healthy trees.

Okay, going to get going and see what I can get accomplished. Feeling more like getting with it... sun helps to be more positive.... Guess I just needed a down day yesterday; I did get a few things done but not much. I ought to be able to get the shelf units in the building today as it is dry, get them all situated. Maybe try to take some of the tires and stuff here, up with me too.... Got some more clothes to take up to wash, so have got to get the water back on.... I can at least do that while I am doing something else... and get them on the line to dry... will have a bureau with totally empty drawers pretty soon to move.....
PROGRESS n little steps....

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, @Baymule , she is more than evil. She is totally off her rocker. They are trying to establish a relationship and friendship between my son and the "contact guy" with Verizon.... whom he had never met prior to the start of the tower application process.... trying to say he initiated the whole thing; when Verizon came to him.... I mean she is really truly crazy....she has a very bad reputation with people in the county offices because of some of the idiotic stuff she has brought up in the past. I can't say what you did, but am in total agreement.... only I have thought that fair justice would be for her to have it in an area that has no service and to linger in agonizing pain because she cannot get out a phone call.
I don't see where she is going to be able to "make a case" when this is all said and done.... but it is very nerve wracking and upsetting to him. His lawyer is good, and Verizon is now involved so they are footing the bill.

Tower is up, all the landscaping and fences are up. They are going to have to come back in with the crane because they put the wrong receivers on the tower and they stick out too far.... will have to replace with the ones that are only 18 inches out from the tower as was agreed on, not the 28 inches that the present ones stick out. Again, someone not paying attention to the final agreement and specs. Just like they put up a chain link fence and then had to come back and add the stockade type panels because that was what was agreed on at the meeting that last night before the approval was given.... OH WELL....
It has been an experience.

Got down to 48 last night. Sun is out and I am going to head up the hill here in a little bit. Still a cool 56 ....Going out to dig the rest of the daylillies, about 4-5 clumps maybe, and the reblooming irises... and hopefully the peonies. The rose will wait for after frost as it is still blooming. Got several bags of stuff to drop at the dumpsters....

Got to make the first mortgage payment too. Everything hit all at once and it will be tight for a couple of weeks while I get some of this stuff done. I will sure be glad when I am not paying both the rent and mortgage even though I knew that I was going to do it for a couple months. Sure hope that the floors get started pretty soon so that dusty mess is done with. Gonna take a few extra days to do the drying though because there is no heat in the house. I need to ask him about how long it takes to dry. No question in my mind... I will be out of the rental by the first of the year....not going to pay more than I have to. I had originally thought that Nov.... but the closing was off by a month, so then Dec.... but won't get everything done by then.... But Jan. 1st, 2021 I will OFFICIALLY be out of here and in there....

Gotta ask my son to please get those shut off valves back on the washing machine pipes so that I can turn the water back on in the house. At least I used to be able to use the bathroom.... now can't flush cuz no water... and yeah, I could get a bucket of water.... but come on.....
Haven't heard back from the guy about the outside work, getting the oil tank situated so I can get the furnace guy there to do that.
$$$$$$ and more $$$$$$$. Everything is taking twice as long and costing twice as much as I was kinda trying to budget for....

Kinda like when everything hit you guys @Baymule , and you decided to go back to work for awhile... I need another job for a couple of months....:th:barnie

Oh, I forgot, I have to go up and recheck and count the fruit trees so I can get some idea of the number of holes to get him to dig while he is there too. And get some stakes to get put in the ground. I have been told that 15 ft apart will pretty much be sufficient..... usually 10 ft for dwarfs....15 for semi-dwarf..... 20 for full size trees. The way the one bunch is planted in the field I am thinking that they are dwarf or semi dwarf. Got to get a tape measure and see how far apart they are now.... not that those people were the smartest so might not have known what they were doing anyway.... it is not life or death to get the holes dug but seems foolish not to do it when he is there. I would ask my son to do it with the backhoe he has, but he doesn't have time for anything else it seems.... I am going to probably ask him to dig the trees once it gets cold weather and they go dormant. He will have to dig the 3 at this house to move since they are alot bigger. Plan to put them at the end of the area I have designated for the fruit trees....and then put the other peaches near them... cross pollination if needed, as there is another peach here that was here and I think it might be cross pollinating mine.... owner gets a couple peaches off it and then the ground hogs get the rest when they fall....such a waste.
:th
I also sent an e-mail to a company that is called Edible Landscapes.... recommended to me at one of the plant nurseries that I stopped at the other day. Explained that I had an opportunity to "rescue" these fruit trees and move them, and wanted some advice and possible consultation.... guy is away and the lady that answered my e-mail, said that she would see that he got the e-mail next week when he returned and would see if they could offer me some help or advice. I mostly want to know if there is any special "tricks" I should know to getting them moved and pruned. That is one thing that I need to learn, pruning fruit trees properly so that they produce fruit and are strong healthy trees.

Okay, going to get going and see what I can get accomplished. Feeling more like getting with it... sun helps to be more positive.... Guess I just needed a down day yesterday; I did get a few things done but not much. I ought to be able to get the shelf units in the building today as it is dry, get them all situated. Maybe try to take some of the tires and stuff here, up with me too.... Got some more clothes to take up to wash, so have got to get the water back on.... I can at least do that while I am doing something else... and get them on the line to dry... will have a bureau with totally empty drawers pretty soon to move.....
PROGRESS n little steps....
Don’t forget to call the 811 number before you have them start digging, so they mark where any utilities might be buried! :thumbsup
(I’m sure you know that. I just wanted to say it out loud though.:hide)

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm sorry you're still dealing with that lady. I've been joking to my husband I'd run around and take all the "M"'s off the traffic signs around here that read "Massachusetts" because that would be more accurate and descriptive. I didn't realize the entitled local wildlife survived outside their natural habitat that long and long enough to be a thorn in your side for this long to boot. I was hoping she'd faded into the background and found some other vice to occupy her dark, empty time on earth rather than keep bothering you.
Too bad you can't box them both up, ship them back up here, have them buy our house and we'll come live in their house and enjoy having cell service and leaving you alone. We don't that here so she'll feel right at home. Not sure what their heckhole would look like though (our heckhole looks expensive to heat and cool probably with too many bedrooms for just a couple, and sky high taxes, but hey NO CELL SERVICE and plenty of fake isolation ;) ).

Last edited:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@rachels.haven ; the thing is, she has cell service where she is, it comes off a tower 5 miles south... but the service is getting "worse" due to the stay at home stuff.... plus the cell tower there was to help with some dead spots, like right at my son's barn which is lower down, there on that same property, the firehouse down the road that does not have cell reception inside the building, and to help get service over the hill on the other side of that hill, where I am still renting... because it is really bad over there, and to have better service because of the towers being overloaded. They are hoping that it will bounce signals off the towers that are both north, and the one south, and even the one that is near 10 miles away to the west in Middlebrook in the more country area since their service is spotty too. So part of what it amounts to, is it has "ruined her view" of the mountains..... and will devalue her property for when they decide to sell, compared to the value it is now.... More and more people are looking for cell towers to make sure they have service.... they are not noisy, no traffic except the once a month service and whatever the guys have to do.... no people in and out at all hours of the day and night.... just she doesn't want to look at it..... and she has a gripe against us from over 10 years ago when she accused us of overcharging her to make hay on her property.... we were the 3rd person they had had in there in 5 years because she is so miserable to deal with. Said "you southerners think you can just gouge us Yankees because we move in here with money to buy the land you are too dumb to be able to hold on to"..... And we are as much/more Yankee than they are. (Mass by way of Ohio and I don't know where else....) my family came over on the Mayflower...... settled parts of Ct..... but she said we were charging too much to make the hay.... same as what we charged anyone else to make hay..... that was the last year we made any there either. They couldn't get anyone else to come in after that and now graze the "rescue horses" she has.... useless, because no one ever rides or anything.... but they are "very valuable".... give me a break. I had horses for years, they are only as valuable as what you do with them, or their bloodlines for breeding. Hay burners is what they are otherwise. I kept my old mare until she was like 28 because she deserved the retirement.... I had her from 1 1/2 years old.... but she was only valuable to me... and that was priceless... with years of riding and all.... Hers do nothing except get loose out on the road when they go in and out the gate and don't watch.... :barnie :duc:somad

Dumb B%@#H.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Her husband is a nice guy. Don't know why he stays.... might just be easier.... plus she would take him for all he is worth if he did leave her. Wish she would just fall out of the sky on a flight back up north.... with no one else suffering any consequences....

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Going to head down the hill. I worked on the baseboard heat panels. The ones in the bathroom, and the hallway, were quite rusty, so had to do quite a bit of sanding. Got 1 coat on all the white ones, and the 2nd coat on the white ones that go in the DR.
The painted to match baseboard heater panels look so good, now the baseboard is looking kinda shabby... I might get some Minwax or something to go over them and "freshen them up".... Figures.... but better to do it while the room is still pretty much empty....
I did get the irises and the rest of the daylillies dug this morning. Loaded a couple of mounted tires and brought it all up here. I will try to get them in the ground tomorrow. Did not get the peonies dug today, hopefully tomorrow.
Plan to bring up some more of the clothes to do some washing... he promised to get the faucets back on the pipes for the washing machine tomorrow. Did get my truck brought to the new house from the shop. DS said he ordered a new radiator, but that I can drive it if I need to just to check the water. Of course, ordering it and getting it in the truck are a long way apart....

I wound up on the tractor and raked one field but the other was too green still. It will have to be tedded out tomorrow I know that I will be on the tractor tomorrow for part of the day either tedding or raking or something.

Possible frost tonight so I am putting the spider plants I brought up here inside tonight. After a couple of chilly nights we are supposed to be back to more normal temps of 70's days and 40-50's at night.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Some parts of Ohio, especially around the big cities..are not great places. There are a lot of sue happy people there too, especially if they think they can make enough of a fuss to win. My parents lived there for a while. They have a bad neighbor/attempted property lawsuit story too long to share here. Also, people like to lane straddle near the big city when they drive to prevent you from passing them in any lane (so you can't get somewhere first??? I don't understand this) and they don't care about slippery conditions and are always getting in stupid accidents as long as they get there first (?). Nothing good can come of any of this. The best out of state reaction to the lane straddling is to drive a bigger, older car, continue on your path in your own lane and "push" them out of the lane (thanks for teaching me this, Mom). I hope you and DS can push her off the road and out of your lane and keep driving.