Farmerjan's journal - Weather

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You have been busy! What a relief to get some of the chickens done. I know you will be glad to get the rest of them done, one less chore. You have a lot of unpacking and putting up to do. Maybe in the rainy weather, you can get china put away. You are getting a lot done, little at a time.

Sorry that your DS is sick again. Maybe he just got a stomach virus, hope it is gone soon. I had one yesterday, didn't get dressed all day. I donned Carhart insulated overalls, Carhart jacket over my pajamas to go feed. Animals just got fed, no attention. After I figured I was "cleaned out" of whatever that was, I mixed up some apple cider vinegar with honey, added a little cold water and sipped it. The ACV kills intestinal virus, the honey makes it go down easier and is also anti-viral. If your son still has problems, maybe his GF would mix some up for him?

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
DS is not interested in mom's remedies.... GF has all the answers. Mostly it is okay because she has him taking vitamins, and right now, on his case to not dehydrate.... but he didn't even want to answer my suggestions .... He was supposed to go to the dr today.... I haven't heard a word from him. He cannot think further than dealing with one person at a time. When he does stuff with anyone, male or female, they are the one that knows what is going on and no one else does. Then when I have finally caught up with him and asked about something, he looks at me and says that he told me... didn't he???? He was sure he told me so and so.... It's been like this for years, He is unable to relate things to more than one person... especially female,,,,at a time.... so, I have finally given up.... I am the last he tells things to anymore, and I have found that I also distance myself from telling him stuff anymore because he doesn't really listen.... he will acknowledge and then a day or a week later, he won't remember....
I am not perfect and I do forget if I tell him things sometimes... but mostly I just don't tell him things.
So I will text him since he won't keep his voice mail emptied out to be able to leave a message... it is always full.... and ask how the dr appt went....and I might get an answer this eve and might not.

Today was another busy day. Was at PT at 8 a.m.. He worked on the knees and on the ankle due to the constant tightness and feeling of the "band around the foot " that is in part the nerves that are cut for the surgery... and I understand that, but today it really helped to relax it. He also said that the right knee was more flexible... I have been working on trying to straighten it as much as possible, and doing little "exercises" on both of them. So that was a plus....

Left there and went to Charlottesville to the hospital where the x-rays were in medical records waiting for me. It took longer to get there and parked; filled out a form and got the disc and gone....So then on the way home, I stopped at the Wal-mart that is not the regular one I go to, got some spools of thread that I was needing.... Got a few groc while I was there and came home to the new house. Fed/watered the chickens. TOOK the antibiotic pills before I went out to the chickens.... had 2 hours before the appt..... Brushed my teeth and headed to the dentist. Got the cleaning done, So the day was basically shot but all that is done.
Came back to the house and I was not feeling very motivated. It was partly sunny earlier, but then more clouds and started to really cool off. Went out to the chickens about 4, filled the waterers, feed in feeders for tomorrow and got them in and shut the door on the shelter.

Eye Dr appt tomorrow at 8:45 a.m. That is no fun as they will dialate them so a pain to drive home afterwards. But I don't anticipate any problems. I want to get the quarter round pieces cut and in the china cabinet and maybe get the rest of the dishes in it. Then, I will probably work at the old house tomorrow after I get done.... want to pack stuff from the kitchen. Need to get the kitchen counter cleaned off so that I can bring up the counter convection oven. Ready to start having a way to make hot food here.

Pool PT Thursday. No farms set up yet.

Weather is calling for some possible lt snow / flurries? on Friday. It is getting raw out there now. The temps are supposed to go down to the mid-upper 20's tonight.

So, guess I will get into the kitchen here and put some more stuff away. Got half the stuff on the list done so far.... haven't heard from the chicken guy yet.... :idunno:barnie:he at least there are less of them.... but sure want them gone.

Hey, got the $600 gov't check deposited in my account.... Anyone else get theirs???? Was very surprised, really not expecting it.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Snow on Friday! BRRRR!! So your son is like my son in law, no home remedies for him! My oldest granddaughter is allergic to antibiotics, so I started studying herbal remedies. But no "witches brew" for her!

You got the dentist thing done, got your X-rays and went to PT! You are on a roll (as always) LOL

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was shocked to find my 600 in my acct on jan1 !!

Yep, time to bring something to the new place so you can have hot food. Hot water for cocoa? It's time. You have to move in....lol. then you are free to make other plans.

You're getting a little more cold than here and looks like that system might go just a little north of me....enough to keep flurries away? Ok by me. It's been real wet here. My work has been slack all week and I'm ok with that. Getting a little inside done.

Walked some fence lines and find enough has died off to see where I can cut and dig and pull. Now if cold stays away another couple weeks I may get the old down an new up! Too wet for posts this week, maybe next. :fl. Have a couple to add or replace. Never ending.

Soon you'll get that knee doctor appt over. I'm hoping they have a quick cancellation for the op that you can fill.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule ..absolutely agree they are S L O W... I think a electrician could add a " turbo eject" button for those of us that aren't patient enough to wait for the chair to reach the "get out" position....guess I will need to find one lol...

That gave me a mental image of the old Tool Time show where the lead guy, Tim Taylor, was always jazzing up his wife's appliances with terrible results. I had a metal image of Farmerjan pulling the lever to get out of the chair and being ejected SPLAT! against the opposite wall!

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm going to go in and get some more stuff in the kitchen put away. Got to get a more convenient type of step stool to use for the upper cabinets.... it is so hard for me to climb up and down this step ladder type that I have.

I had trouble with using a stepladder when my ankles and knees went. Feet aching for days from standing on the narrow steps of the adder. Was at Lowes one day with DS1 last year and saw a new aluminum stepladder/stepstool with extra wide steps. It was on sale so got 2 - one for the tool shed and one for the house. Love them. Super comfortable to stand on the wide steps and no pain after standing on them for hours. They have a top bar in front to hold when you climb. Top step is between 3' and 4' tall, plenty tall enough to reach ceiling for repairs. Got another for my friend when in Palm Springs last week so I know Lowes still carries them in the ladder section. Super lightweight and folds almost completely flat - I store the house one in a 4" space between the freezer and shelves in the laundry room. Love them.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Larsen Poultry Ranch , thanks for the tip on the drywall bench. I will check on it. I can not deal with the constant up and down to move the step ladder thing constantly. Even after I get the knees done, I will still need to get up on something to be able to get to the upper shelves.

If you go with the drywall bench, get 2 since they are higher off the floor and you can put them end to end to walk along We have 3 and I use them when painting - makes ceilings and upper wall cutting in super easy, Only problem I have is that as my knees get worse they are higher off the floor than the first step on a ladder and it takes me some effort to get up on them now. I notice that it takes effort to use a chair in the kitchen to get on for upper cupboards now too. LOL However, putting a couple end to end you have a platform about 8' long to walk on once you are on them. I sometimes bring a little step stool in to help me get up on them.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Finally all caught up with Farmerjan! Hope the drs will have a cancellation for you to get in asap in February. Gets harder to move around plus for us we have not been doing the same amount of exercise and sitting is bad. :mad: Need to get ut and at east walk but with quarantine have to just walk on our place which is hard with the steep mountains! LOL

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
It is Wed evening. I went to my eye drs appt today.... everything is fine, dr kept saying very good pressure, perfect condition, no macular degeneration, the slight start of cataracts are very edge perimeter no different from last year..... whatever I am doing, keep doing it... see you next year. No change of glasses prescription.... been the same the last 6-8 years.
But the eye drops that dilate are the pits.... and of course I couldn't see worth beans all day... Getting back to normal this evening.
Stopped to get some more chicken feed on the way home.

Got back to the house and decided to stay here for awhile. Fed and watered chickens. I wound up doing 2 loads of laundry because it turned out to be such a nice afternoon. Got them hung. I just got the waterers filled and feed in feeders and them closed up for the night. The weather is supposed to be nice tomorrow again so will bring the clothes in tomorrow. Might even do another load and hang out.
I have pool PT tomorrow @ 10:30a.m. I will go to the groc store when I am up there, then come here and work some more. I will have plenty of stuff by the door ready to move; so plan to go to the old house and load things on the way home and bring up here after I get done and on the way back here.

I did get the quarter round cut and put in the china cabinet. Took a break just now to eat a little bit and am going to go in and put more china in. Hope to get that done tonight. Then I will be able to get some stuff moved around, make more space to put more boxes, and the emptied boxes taken back down to the other house to reuse.
I think I have a new mat at the old house to put in front of the sink....you know those padded ones that you stand on that relieve the hard floors.... need to find it and get it up here so that I can work on doing some of the dishes that I have been bringing up. Plus the dishes that I use here.

@Ridgetop , I will look at Lowe's tomorrow for the aluminum ladder you mentioned. Also, @Larsen Poultry Ranch I saw the drywall things and they are like 15 inches high.... I see what @Ridgetop means about needing a "step up" to get on them. But I do like the length.... Might just try to make something. But I will look at those ladders tomorrow. The one I have is okay, but not fun to be up and down. Maybe just 2 separate steps.... one shorter for the "lower" of the upper cabinet shelves, and then a taller one to step up onto for the higher shelves. The thing with ladder type steps... the bottom step is further out away from the counter... so reaching forward further.... I get the ladder needing a better base, so more like a triangle.... but that reach is just not what I want. Or else putting it sideways against the bottom cabinet so you are always crooking around sideways to put stuff in but you are closer.... So perhaps the idea of 2 steps, that I can put the taller one next to the shorter one, to make it easier to get up on it.... sorta like what ridgetop was saying about a shorter one to get up on the taller one... It might be easier to store if there are 2 separate ones. But the aluminum ones sound like they are also good for space/storage.

So time to head into the DR to see what I can get done. I can see alot better although the eyes are not 100% normal yet.

Sad to see what is happening..... the peaceful protest that turned ugly and destructive.... Were the ones that breached the building part of the peaceful ones that just lost it???? Or is there any possibility that they were "planted" to make the patriots look bad???? Not saying that is true... and if it is, will we ever know it anyway? It won't matter much as the patriots will get the blame, no matter who did it.
Georgia elected the 2 democrats in a very close election... the one is a real radical.

We are in for some very bad trying times.
I hope that everyone has gotten their financial situations in order. Things are going to calm down for a bit but then the financial end of it is going to get worse..... I had called to get the papers so that I can take some money out of my retirement for the heating system and other work on the newly purchased house. Hope to have them here in the next day or 2 so I can get stuff going. Don't like the way the market is fluctuating so much, or what things look like for the future.

Time to get back to work.