Farmerjan's journal - Weather

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
After asking IF he would change spark plugs in my truck...and AFTER he said yes...I bought plugs. 4 days ago. Supposed to have done it Sat. Now, he says he'll do this morning but wanted to drive to a store first. NO...plugs first! Well it has now been 4 hrs, lot of bitching, in and out of house...ONE has been changed...5 to go. Says he'll do tonight after it cools off. :ep :somad:rant:tongue

His truck isn't running -- again!! Still!! -- now he will not use mine until! If not done tonight, I'll call mechanic in morn and DS can walk wherever!

Neither of us raised them this way! :somad. Next help mine needs will have to wait. :smack

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'll call mechanic in morn
With all of your skills you can't replace spark plugs?
Pull the wire, unscrew the old plug, put in the new plug, replace the wire. Repeat.

Might need to gap the plug first so have him leave his spark plug wrench and "feeler gauge".

Then charge him $85/hr for your time since he promised to do it.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yep, @Mini Horses , sure wasn't raised this way. I am pretty P.O.ed at this point. That is why I get the Auto repair guy to do the work on the vehicles anymore... because at least it gets done. Without a lot of bit@#in' and gripin'. ... If he said he just can't or doesn't have time, then it would be accepted... but yeah, when they need something lately...... and to be neglecting things at the farm that should be done... or getting on my case to get the cows in, then when I do, it really doesn't suit him???? It is not like they are mechanical toys that you can turn on and off....:he:he:rant:somad:smack:smack:smack. He was never this bad before with other GF's either... he still got stuff done. :barnie:barnie.
We need to knock both of them in the head....

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My gonna be new neighbors GAVE their son 10 acres. Son and wife put up NO TRESPASSING signs and told parents to keep off. They put a double wide on the land, lived there a few years and SOLD it! Then they didn’t even buy a new place, they squandered the money. My new neighbor said if his son had a higher IQ, he might could be retarded. LOL LOL

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
My DS just needed to do this minor repair for me. Yep, had I NEEDED TO I could have tackled it! But he works on cars for others for free, I provide a home for free! He's an adult and should have volunteered!

So, I'm out working garden, chores, etc. He calls my cell, wants to use truck to go to town. 🙄. I ask what do you need in town? He says I want to get something to drink! Said in an annoyed voice, from a Mt Dew addict. I replied, well I want my spark plugs in, and hung up. Besides burning my gas.....drink water! Yeah, I was POd!

Within 10 min the hood was up and about an HR later, it's done. Such BS for a very small job. He was being very inconsiderate. That's what burns you to the core. My son is very talented, excellent framer, roofer and ok mechanic for normal stuff. But he's gotten his thoughts twisted in a way I'm not tolerating!

His schedule cannot take precidence, leaving others hanging out to dry for no reason.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Way to go @Mini Horses! use your truck? Change the spark plugs!

The sellers of my farm illustrate exactly what is going on all over the country. They are retirement age, their son has backed up and crapped all over them, their daughter has absolutely no interest in the land, so they are selling their land and will use the money to cushion their retirement. Their kids are mad at them, THEY wanted to inherit the land, sell it and keep the money themselves. I told B and P to go do all the things they dreamed of and could never do. Spend the money and die broke.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I agree with many, the feeling of entitlement. Seeing alot of things with my nieces and nephew and even sister... that I never would have believed. The one niece that thinks she is so "worldly" and started this BS with the lawyer, has at least done some work to close it out... but my sisters son, that has said he wants nothing... has sure had his share to say about my brother that has done alot even if he can be a jerk.

With my DS and this GF, it is just that he cannot seem to remember anything that he says, like stopping to do the spark plug on the mower... and he gets so wound up with this "instant family" that she has provided between her daughter and her sisters 2 kids... that he just doesn't have his priorities straight anymore. I get really po'd... but it's like a kid with a "smidgen" of an attention span... he just doesn't remember things from one minute to the next... and when she wants to do something, he jumps through hoops that I just don't get. He is not selfish with the use of the trucks or anything on the farm... he just cannot think further than the end of his nose when it comes to doing things. Plus, there are the headaches and all from that accident and I honestly think there is some memory problems from that too. It seemed to get worse after that. I am not trying to make excuses for him... and think he is very inconsiderate many times... but sometimes I see some evidence of him just not being able to remember and focus on doing some things.
Still, I think he needs to be a little more responsible for what few things I ask for.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
So, Tuesday... 68 up to 84 and then the clouds came in and we got a little bit of a shower/sprinkles around 2... was hoping for it to settle in... but just looked at radar and it is passing through, breaking up again and the next wave that looked promising is dissipating coming across the mountain from WV...
Got about enough to use the windshield wipers on intermittent for a couple of miles.
Went and did the cow, then came home and blew up the tire again and went to co-op. They had several ahead of me, but I decided to just stick around and get it done. I made some phone calls for work, got 2 farms set up and calls out to 2 others.... updated the list of the cows and the 2 bulls that we moved around yesterday; which pastures they went to, etc.
Then sat and read a book I had in the car... I was there alot longer than I planned... but they did find a very small tiny slice in between the treads... probably from a piece of old tin up there at the pasture... there is a bunch laying around that I try to pick up when I see it.... So got a patch put on inside the tire, and no leaks at this point. Will be sure tomorrow if it doesn't go flat.

Came back here and planted some little bulbs that came in the mail in the flower "bed" along the porch. They came in the mail, a "complimentary" gift... since they did not have the stuff I had ordered....BACK IN MARCH...... and just now sent the seeds that I had ordered along with these complimentary bulbs... I had gotten a refund about a month ago for the strawberry plants I had ordered... that I wanted to plant in the "L" (bottom part) of the garden after it had been plowed and worked up awhile ago... figured I would plant them as soon as it got tilled... and they never came... and then finally got a refund and then these other things came just last week... REALLY.... Original order date on invoice was MARCH 5th.... Got the box with these little bulbs and the seeds on Thursday or Friday last week... invoice date June 26th.
Lot of good the pepper seeds and squash seeds do me now.... They ought to keep and do okay next year. But I will not order from this place again. And I had ordered their special on Strawberry plants of 200 PLANTS .... 4 different varieties they offered in this bundle.... and some different seeds to go along with them...

Anyway, I just stuck the little bulbs in the front flower area in front of the porch to get them in the ground...

I did go out and plant/spread broccoli seeds yesterday afternoon in the row I had completely weeded out. They are older seeds... practically poured the whole bunch of several small packages into a short space.... see if any come up. I have new broccoli seed and will plant that next week if none or few of these come up. Didn't want to just throw out the seed... it took like 10 min to just put them in and scuff the soil over them.
Then I went down the potato rows and "snitched" some new potatoes.... got about 5 that were golf ball or bigger size, washed and boiled them for supper last night ... a little butter, salt and pepper... YUM....:drool:love:thumbsup:jumpy:jumpy:yesss::yesss:. I will have squash to eat in 2-3 days... YAY....

Texted DS and said there would be no calves to match tonight...( I not going to mess with them in this sprinkley showers. Not in the mood.)

I got the name of a guy that works on lawn mowers and such... from the guy at the co-op.... going to call him if the mower won't start. That will solve that problem. Might be that I will have to find a newer one....

Moved the table on the deck so the cactus plants and all could get a good watering... and they barely got their leaves wet. But will leave it and maybe it will rain a little more this evening/night. Haven't planted the baby spider plants yet... I don't have any decent potting soil left for them. Got to get some so I can get them established. Maybe have to make a trip tomorrow to a couple of places... I am looking at the possibility of getting that trimmer that is on wheels like @Mike CHS talked about. Have a coupon for Home Depot, and one for Lowe's... for 4th of July specials good through the 6th... tomorrow... might go use it; nothing on either charge card.....

Last edited: