Farmerjan's journal - Weather

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, my son owns his own house. We have talked a couple of times of finding a place that would accommodate both, either with 2 houses on it, or me putting up a mobile home like you said...... Or maybe a "mother-in-law " addition but we are both very stubborn so that might only be a future possibility if I am old and feeble in my 90's....:old:lol:.

At one time I was going to move to the house on the farm he bought ( got the land first, then bought the house a year later to keep the whole place in one piece) but he needs more for that in rent to pay that mtg than I am paying here so not a sensible move, Plus it is 20+ miles away from the majority of the places we rent , and the "main farm" we rent with all the working facilities, and further away from all but 3 of my farms so more travel too, for me for work. No sense in me paying that much extra in rent and traveling further for everything too.
And there is the situation where it actually backs up to the landfill on the back side, and now the landfill is getting full, and there are not the outlets for plastic anymore and they are getting very picky about what plastic can be recycled, even glass is becoming a problem with recycling as there just aren't the companies paying for it, so there is a possibility that the town/county may be interested in some or all of the farmland for an expansion for the landfill. The land is decent but not "real nice" and if he could get enough out of it then maybe it would be the wisest move to sell it, make some profit, and then find some place else to go. He isn't good about letting go of stuff though; but he has said that if he could make some money on it he would sell it.... it was a good price when he bought it, even though not really in an area we would have normally been looking. There are a couple of people that have expressed an interest in it, so he may be thinking more about selling it.

Sure don't want to get into anything that is close to a city that can annex land and then tell you what you can and cannot have there. Got that problem here in Lexington Va that has decided now that no chickens allowed..... and the city has expanded.....

My son actually said that it is getting too crowded here and that maybe we need to find somewhere else to go that is more rural..... I'm all for that...... I told him that further southwest Va near the border with Tenn or even over the line in Tenn since the taxes are better there. Don't think he will do anything because of his father here, even though his father drives him nuts and has made his life very difficult fairly often.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
OK, Miss @Baymule, put your real estate bloodhound senses to work and find Miss @farmerjan a nice place to live (maybe in Texas? :)).

Absolutely! Find us both a place and Farmerjan's son can farm our hayfields too! Just need enough hay to feed our sheep. LOL

Actually, Farmerjan, selling that farm property and moving to another area sounds like it would be a good idea for both of you. Probably not as far as Texas LOL, but closer to Tennessee? Mike is in Tennessee and can probably direct you to some good farm locations. If you can find a place with 2 homes, or a larger home and a foreman's house that might work out well. In fact, you could still move a mobile home onto the property, live in one house, and rent out one of the houses for help with the mortgage. Lots of possibilities. Instead of several scattered smaller farms, maybe just one larger one with several dwellings on it. That would eliminate all the travel time between farms to work, and cut hay. Less equipment too. ???

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hey everyone..... just a short update. Had check up in NC for ankle. Got 26 stitches out and can get the ankle wet in about 2 days as soon as the pinholes from the stitches seal over..... YAY SHOWER....!!!!!!!
X-rays show replacement joint looks perfect, Still in walking boot for another 4 weeks. I can put 100 lbs weight on it for a week ( I was @ 25 then 50 then 75) then full weight.... both with crutches. Then full weight without crutches if I feel okay or use one crutch, but can graduate as I feel like I can manage it, with the boot on. Want to make sure the plate they put alongside the tibia(?) next to the ankle joint is well healed and joined, but the x-rays for the actual ankle joint look A-1..... I can move it around normal movement, not to make it bend or anything but whatever it will do on it's own when the boot is off. Still need to keep it up when I am sitting and stuff to keep the swelling down and not make it ache. But although the incisions look ugly, they are very pleased with it.

So being a "good girl" and doing exactly what they said I could and not pushing it has paid off so far. Just to get a real shower .... I am allowed to put weight on it like in the shower.... CAREFULLY...... as I feel it can take it but not walk around on it until it gets a little stronger. Go back in 4 weeks......

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
That report has to have you feeling good about the outcome.
Yes, thank you, I do feel good about the outcome. I have had a couple of days that were just the pits..... and the Rehab BS got to me.... but being able to do my "bi@#hin here really helped. I am hoping that my doing as I should, is the reason why they seemed very positive there. But I do feel that it means that I will hopefully have a positive outcome after all the trappings (boot crutches etc.) are gone.