Farmerjan's journal - Weather

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Why won't he let y'all hunt there? I'm sure that y'all would give him deer meat for his freezer. What a moron.

Do you have one of those walkers on wheels with the seat? As I was reading your post, I thought about the walker. You can use it to steady yourself and when you get tired, lock the wheels and sit down. You can use them on grass too.

Drive Medical Four Wheel Rollator Rolling Walker with Fold Up Removable Back Support, Red

This one is from Lowes for $56

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wednesday late afternoon. Was 42 this morning, got up to 67 for a little while when the sun came out. We had about .35 inch rain yesterday afternoon, and then a quicky shower this afternoon for a few minutes. We tested the 500+ cow herd yesterday afternoon. I packed the samples this afternoon and got them out for UPS. Got another to do tomorrow afternoon, about 6-8 miles away. The daughter is going to help. Setting up there is a pain, it's the carrying the meters and hoses into the parlors. They test 2 times so I will go Thursday aft then back Friday morning. Then Michael will go help do a farm Sat afternoon that is pretty decent to do, 90+ cows, goes pretty fast. Then the royal PITA one will test Sun afternoon and Monday morning. 220+ cows, pain to set up, Michael will be getting a real education there after doing these others that are pretty efficient and all. Then I will go do a 140 cow herd Monday afternoon, he will drop me off, go down to the auction there then come back to the farm to help some. They have their own samplers for collecting the milk samples, and it is a double 5, fairly close together so I figure I can mostly do it for awhile til he gets back to help.

Got another farm wanting to wait another week or 2 and then got a couple to call to do. He goes back to work on Tuesday, so some of these will have to test on the weekends for him to help me. I am really just feeling burnt out and not wanting to really go back to the testing. Maybe this C-virus is just discouraging everything. I think that some of it is this boot is heavy and it tires me out to be dragging it around. Plus, now my dr appt on the 9th is on hold so don't know what I will be able to do and not do. Got to call and talk to the PA and see what they are thinking. I can't walk on it without the boot, won't do anything to mess this up... but was hoping that there might be some PT to get the ankle working a little. Maybe I am just in a funk today with the rain, and all...

Part is the landlord here at the house too.... he came over while I was sitting on the tailgate packing the samples to enjoy the sun a bit, and said that the lawn was starting to get really high......which I realize it really grew on those couple of 80+ degree days...... and that his son Andy could maybe mow it with my mower if I could pay him something.... he's not working but is getting some/all ??? his pay from the school.... he is an aide.... but he has trouble making his bills and if I could pay him some, maybe not as much as the guy I used to pay to do it, and he could use my mower to do it that would be nice. HELLO.... how about offering to mow it for me until I am out of the boot????? I would have offered him some money if he had said something about doing it to help me out.....
But the thing is, they bring the landlords mower down here to mow all around the barns and stuff.... but he can't use that one to mow the lawn too....????? and that the son will have to mow the landlords house, and up to his place too...
I said I would have to get the mower running first that it had a few quirks..... I am just really pissed....

Then he made the comment that if I heard the chainsaw not to worry, he was going to cut the brushy stuff, that was in the yard there that it was growing too close to the house.....AS HE IS STANDING THERE NEXT TO MY PEACH TREES IN THE CORNER OF THE GARDEN..... I said what did he mean, and he said well these sprouts were just junk and I said DON'T YOU DARE CUT MY PEACH TREES......he said he thought they were just junk trees like the peach tree up behind the barn.... I said I got nearly 2 bushels off those trees last year, that they were not junk trees. He said oh, well, good thing I didn't cut them last week when I had the saw here.... WHAT THE F...... The big maple behind the house is closer to the house....which he never cleans the gutters out from the leaves in the fall, the 2 pines in the front yard are just about dead and dropping huge branches all the time and if they come down in the house direction , they will really tear things up, the lilac bush is much closer to the house.....I was flabbergasted. He said well, if I move out, he will cut them down anyway then..... They are going to get moved this fall to my son's property this fall one way or another.......
Then he said, well, he didn't realize that they were that productive, that he would have to get some of the peaches this year....... WTF......
That did it. I am going to be out of here one way or another before winter this year.

I just cannot believe it. I haven't talked to my son since this exchange this afternoon. I am still a little in shock over the whole thing...... He said a month ago if I needed anything to just let them know.... but now I need to pay his son to use my mower, my gas, my stuff, to mow this lawn.....
I will not be putting in the garden here. As soon as they get the road in for the tower, which is going forward..... I will see if I can find a place up there to put in what I want to plant. I am going to just mow this area over, the hell with doing anything to improve the soil and grow anything. I may very well move the purebred chickens up there once all the roadwork is done and see where all things are going to be. Then do the left-behinds once the weather gets a little warmer and just take care of all them together up there..... Then I will have to move the cats to my son's barn and to the big farm we rent I guess. I am still in shock over what he said.... and I am going to do WHATEVER I NEED TO, to get out of here and he can pay his son to mow the grass or whatever.....

GEE WHIZ........