Farmerjan's journal - Weather

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Have not been on here to post after the issue in the coronavirus thread. I uncomfortable with the situation and feel like maybe I should just back out. I did want to tell everyone that has been so supportive that the PT is going....... it isn't painful per se, but trying to get movement in the ankle is tough with the swelling and now the scar tissue from the incision. They feel like I need to try to find more time to get the foot up because of the swelling.... and they are saying UP ABOVE MY HEART..... like really up in the air . At least for 30-45 minutes a couple of times a day. Sitting and putting it up level, not down, is not enough due to the fluid and blood pooling in the ankle. So I am trying to make time to get it UP at least twice a day. Other than that, it is going okay. I have more use in some directions than they thought due to the extended boot encasement, and less in the toes. My knees are also screaming but the PT said today that since they really were getting a "rest" due to restricted activity, now I am asking them to work more so to expect them to ache.

I am not bummed out but a little uptight wishing that the PT had started sooner.....

One other thing.... anyone who ever has to have a boot on their foot/ankle..... the PT said to me that every single dr that ever prescribes a boot should also insist on a person getting the "EVENUP" for the shoe on the other foot. No one told me about it, in part due to the canceling the appt, and so I struggled with the uneven walking due to the boot making my left foot so much higher. It has put pressure on the knees, and the PT said many people even have it affect their hips. I have found that I am still walking uneven with being back into "equal height" shoes. I told a friend about it and they didn't get it but a week later they went back and she got it for the "good leg" as it was hurting her to try to walk in the boot.
So I am having to overcome that little bit of "extra" discomfort. The PT said I will be alot better in a couple of weeks, not to get too worried about it. He said to not try to do without the one crutch if it helps to take some of the strain off the knee as I will use the ankle better if the knee isn't hurting so much. He was a little surprised at how much better I walk, much more even, using the crutch and says it is because I am taking the pressure off the right knee more.

And using the clutch is good for it. Helping with putting pressure with the pushing down of the upper part of the foot. I have some exercises to do at home and am trying to do them at least once a day. Massage for the scars and he said to use some sort of Vitamin E cream to help it soften up. Anyone have any preferred types/brands? I've used Vit E before, but really haven't had much call for it. Maybe @Devonviolet has a lotion/cream that she has devised in all her many formulas of healthy herbal concoctions.

On top of all that, I got a call to go get "left behinds". I told them I wasn't able to use the net and "catch them" in the big houses, and they offered to catch them for me if I would just come get them. They had left probably 30-50? So I went up, and they used my net and caught a whole bunch, they are in the back of the truck under the screened cover with the tarp on them. Don't even know how many there are. Tomorrow I will have help to go up and get the pen moved and the boards with the tarps on top so they can go up there. It was all moved aside before I went in for the surgery, since it was in the way of the driveway for the cell tower. They haven't started the driveway but all the stakes are in so it won't be long. This virus has slowed that down too. I didn't plan on any chickens before the 10th of June or so, and didn't think I would be getting any from this place, where I always got them, as they hadn't been leaving but a half dozen the last few times and I told them I probably wouldn't be getting any until summer after the surgery. In the meantime, I also had made arrangements with the closeby neighbor to start getting them from him since it is like less than 5 miles as opposed to nearly 45 miles away. The last 2 groups to go out there were very uneven and he had probably over 200 ----YEAH 200 or more ---- left the last time. I figure with all this SHTF going on, that I will be able to sell a bunch for pretty cheap and still make money since I will be getting them for nothing.
DAM, I wish you were closer @Baymule ..... I could save you about half the feed money and the cost of the chicks.... but no matter how I figure it, it is just too far to come get them. Like someone in NC or SC it would be worth a meet half way thing. Give me some gas money or pay a couple dollars for some half grown ones and get 20-30 or more to raise up.....

So I will go back to test the 2nd milking tomorrow morning at the farm I did this afternoon,; then meet the guy who has been working for my son some, and he is going to help me get the pen moved and set back up to use for now. I guess I will continue to raise them at his property for this year....

House owner called and just wanted me to know he hasn't heard back from the appraiser yet. I expected it to take at least 2 weeks so was appreciative about his just touching base.

There is a link to a video on Self Sufficient self (sister site to BYH) by a Prof Dolores Cahill.... done by Del Bigtree on the HighWire..... I am not any good at trying to post links. But anyone questioning this whole virus and the shut down, and the insanity of it all.... needs to watch it. This woman, has more PhD's and credits to her name, YEARS as a immunologist and molecular biologist.... and is part of a group of scientists in Europe that have studied Sars and Ebola and all that and enough credits behind her to make Dr Anthony Faucci look like a first year med student.... and what she says about this "covid-19" and all is just amazing.....
Plus today I heard that now they are saying that it is unlikely a person can contact the virus from surfaces.....this on a normal radio station.....

We have been duped and are being played for fools over this covid-19 virus and our country is being destroyed by these radical idiots. No one is saying it isn't devastating but that it has been handled badly, and that the group of doctors and scientists are saying that hydroxycloriquin and vitamins and possible using some antibiotics is as good a preventative as there ever was..... and it has been pushed aside and put down due to manipulation by people and companies that are in it for the money..... not for the truth about what really works.

Maybe I am being taken in, but it follows so much else of what I have read by "fringe" doctors, and I just don't trust the mainstream media for some of what they are trying to shove down our throats; or the agendas that they are also supporting instead of being fair and reporting all sides of an issue.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Also, thank you @Senile_Texas_Aggie for the links. I enjoyed the videos.
It has been cold and rainy here, from 48 to 56 the last couple days. Really chilly and raw and damp. Had 1.3 inches as of 8 a.m. yesterday morning, and I didn't go out today and look with everything else going on, so will try to check and dump 2 days worth tomorrow. There has been some horrible flooding in Michigan with 2 dams collapsing, and there has been some flooding south of here. This has been an extremely crazy storm sitting on us moving slowly, and it is moving almost straight north/northwest instead of the usual west to east movement. Plus the chilly temperatures.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
If you go on our sister site (SufficientSelf).. I think it is @LazyGardener that has posted the videos. Look at the one she posted that linkd Faucci to the Sars back in the early 2000's and his TOTAL SUPPORT for chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine.... talk about hypocritical Bas@#$ds...... all because he has financial interest in that other drug they are pushing, remdesivir or something like that......

I'm going to bed, put this ankle up and read for a little bit. Got to get up by 4:30 to go back to the farm for their 2nd test.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
It is really Good to hear from ya.....:hugs....sorry to hear PT is't more comfortable for ya, but it'll get better as the muscles respond and the active life that ya live will keep the muscles stretching and that helps with the aches and cramps.....something I have done to raise the leg, is, to angle a crutch against a wall.....put end of crutch against the chair ya are sitting in and use the hand bar as the heel holder....I have also laid on the couch and used the top of the backreast to hold leg up....the couch is more comfortable than the floor...🤣

That sure is a whole lotta chicken!!....:ep.....I'd have to go "healthy" and just skin a whole bunch of em....cause that would be waayy more feather snatching than I'd prefer to be involved in....:gig
As far as the virus thing....I don't think we'll truly ever know for sure the extint that "deception" plays into the "ebb and flow" of society....but, it most certainly does....it is sad that innocent people are sacrificed and preyed upon....as the gap widens between the "haves" and the "have nots"....I respect and understand how ya feel and ya have every right to voice your opinion, as we all do....I sure don't want either of ya to leave the forum....you both have helped me tremendously and have the highest respect for ya both.....I still have the desire to meet both of ya before I leave this world, and there would be a very big hole in my heart if this blamed craziness that grips our land stands in the way of 2 "icons" in the Herd, remaining with the Herd....:hugs

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It sure would have helped if you had known about putting your foot UP and about the Even Up sooner rather than now. On the putting your foot up, can you put pillows under your foot/leg at night when you sleep?

30-50 left behinds? I wish we did live closer, I could put some of those to good use! I am looking to get 20 more in mid August. I don't need 20, need to ask my hay guy Russell if he wants a half dozen to raise. I'll have to show him how to process them. A lady came out yesterday and bought 2 chickens at $6 a pound and didn't bat an eye. These last 10 chickens were 2 1/2 months old and dressed out at 7 1/2 pounds, one was over 8 pounds. She said she'd like 4 or 5 more. Minimum order is 20 chicks, so about 10 is what I want.

Here's the link to the video.

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Have not been on here to post after the issue in the coronavirus thread. I uncomfortable with the situation and feel like maybe I should just back out.

I did not understand your reference until I went and read the coronavirus thread for the first time this morning. Now it is clearer. I hope you don't leave the forum. You are one of my favorite folks on the forum. I also hope Miss @frustratedearthmother doesn't leave the forum, either. She is one of my favorite of folks here in the forum as well.

I know folks can get passionate about a number of subjects, especially religion and politics, and when they get passionate, they sometimes descend into name calling. (Heck, they can passionate about sports teams or trucks. Just get a bunch of guys together and say that "Chevy (or Ford or Ram) is the best truck!" See what happens then. These phenomena are confirmation of Mark Twain's observation: "In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane.") This is why I rarely visit any kind of political or religious forum on the internet -- the haters take over and drive away those like myself who would like to read differing points of view shared in a polite, respectful manner. Sadly, very few folks take to heart the observation "I might be wrong".

Please note the previous paragraph was not directed at you per se. All of us, including me, have a tendency to want to present our opinion as the truth and not want to hear differing points of view. (After all, they are insane.) But remembering that others that disagree with us are human like we are, in both the positive and negative things that implies, will help each of us not to descend into mean-spiritedness.

To repeat what I said, please don't leave the forum. I will be sad if that happens. We would all suffer a great loss. :( You know so much about so many things. :bow You have always been helpful to so many people. You are a blessing. :hugs

Miss @frustratedearthmother, the words above also apply to you. Please don't leave the forum! You, too, are one of my favorite folks here. You too know so much about so many things! :bow You, too, have always been helpful to so many people. You are a blessing. :hugs

I am sorry if I have been too "preachy". I just hate to see good folks be misunderstood and mistreated and felt I needed to say something.

Senile Texas Aggie

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
and they are saying UP ABOVE MY HEART..... like really up in the air
Did you tell them that your Rockette days are in the past? ;)

and so I struggled with the uneven walking due to the boot making my left foot so much higher. It has put pressure on the knees, and the PT said many people even have it affect their hips.
Wow, just wow. Why wouldn't that be simple common sense? You can't just hike up one leg and not expect a whole bunch of other parts to have to adjust as well. Seems like a "lifted" shoe would be part of the post surgery instructions, preferably known early enough to get the shoe before hitting the operating table.

If you go on our sister site (SufficientSelf).. I think it is @LazyGardener that has posted the videos. Look at the one she posted that linkd Faucci to the Sars back in the early 2000's and his TOTAL SUPPORT for chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine.... talk about hypocritical Bas@#$ds...... all because he has financial interest in that other drug they are pushing, remdesivir or something like that......
Or maybe do some fact checking of things that seem unlikely. It seems that a lot of people are willing to believe and repeat things without validation.

Politifact article on the Fauci conspiracy theory

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have done extensive checking on the use of hydroxychloroquine and how it was used back for the "Sars - 1" corona virus and how this covid 19 is a "Sars - 2" .... still a corona virus .... The immunologist, Dr Cahill has more going for her than many of the other scientists/doctors that have searched for and developed protocol for treating things like the Sars and Ebola outbreaks in the early 2000's..... Fauci also was a big proponent of it back then. But do your own research on it. And all of a sudden he is saying that we really do need to ease back into a real life because of the damage this is doing to the economy and how it will be more devastating if we do not get some more movement.

And today there is a report on the "normal news channels" that it has been decided that you probably cannot get the virus from surfaces unless it is still wet like from a sneeze just landing on the surface and you have to get it on your hand and put it directly in your mouth.....

But again, all of us have to make our own decisions. Read the FOOLISH BS that the schools are trying to say will be required for school this fall in California.... holy cow...... all the more reason to home school and to let the kids have private get togethers between the home schooling families on private properties......
I wouldn't want to live in California , and then add Mass as second.....
Virginia has gotten bad enough.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
(started this before Jan just posted) (and our internet went down!)

I thought about this while I was clearing out all the grass from part of the garden and first I want to make sure you understand that I was not talking about Jan specifically but people in general accepting something that seems unlikely without fact checking. I hope you didn't think I was targeting you but I can see in hindsight how you could.

I've got the video going now and find it somewhat odd. Cahill is saying that people should take Vitamins C&D and zinc and their immune systems will be strong enough to deal with this virus and people wouldn't even know they have it. If that is true why haven't we all been told to take those daily to protect ourselves from all viruses? Why do people get and die from the flu every year if VC&D + zinc will protect them?? That makes no sense to me.

I think Trump might want to hear the part about 3 Chloroquine pills does the trick since apparently he is taking it daily.

On the claim that Fauci is pushing Remdesivir because he will profit from it. Also false:
Politifact article posted yesterday

I would like to see references to Fauci being a big proponent of Chloroquine for SARS. I didn't find any but who knows what the proper search terms would be!

Regarding the recent "surfaces" news, from what I find the feeling is that it isn't the major way of transmission, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. It would be VERY nice if there were some scientific studies done that show the likelihood of transmission through surfaces is no minimal as to not be of concern! Hopefully someone is doing them. In any case it does seem like the OCD wiping down of surfaces might be able to be curtailed.

And while my internet is back up, the video won't continue. Oh well.