Farmerjan's journal - Weather

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Jan,
It would be wise, as @CntryBoy777 said, to get a signed contract. You can find them online for free I think.

I DO think it would be wise for the sellers to carry the loan at least for a time for the reasons we talked about some weeks back. They get a tax break and steady income, you don't have to screw with the bank, at least not right away and you've just seen why you don't want to, the second appraisal being one of the reasons. Doesn't matter if it was appraised yesterday, the bank will require it be done by one of THEIR "approved" appraisers. And the same with an inspection. If you are satisfied that you know the condition of the house per your friend's inspection you wouldn't need to pay for the bank's inspection.

Funny how the bank will pre-approve people for a loan of "x" amount but come to them with 20% down and a specific "not perfect" house and they want everything all spiffied up.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Last edited:

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah and how come a $80,000 truck is financed 7 years and a $80,000 house is financed 30 years? Can someone explain this so that even a chicken fried lamb steak eater like me can understand?
Because the truck deteriorates and loses value, the house, if even half way maintained will be worth much more in 30 years than it is today (housing bubbles and "should be in jail subprime lenders" aside). Remember when vehicle loans were 3 years??

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I bought my first and probably only ever, new vehicle in 1980.. It was a leftover 1979 (the 1980's were out) 2wd supercab ford pickup for somewhere around 3,000... Financed for 3 years...... payments were in the 150/mo range I think. It was MINT GREEN so everyone knew who was coming..... my father called it the peppermint patty due to the color and I took alot of ribbing. It moved me down to Va and hauled A LOT of hay and stuff and got me around even in the snow..... finally just plum wore out the engine at over 300,000 miles.... Got it after I got divorced and he took the truck, I got the little Plymouth duster, and I hauled hay and whatever in the duster for about a year til it just got tired. Traded it in on the truck ( it wasn't worth much).

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the link @CntryBoy777 , on the fixer upper loan thing. I will ask the banker about it; thinking they might have something similar since the RE appraiser told the owners that bank worked with people on it. The thing that gets me is with 20% down, they would have 7/8 of the value loaned, just in the 2 acres with the well and septic already in place.... if the house were to burn to the ground......:barnie:rant:rant:rant:he:he:he So with the house that is there, needing 5-10,000 MAX work done, what is the problem....?????:hu:hu:th

Have a call in to her cell phone but tomorrow is Sunday so don't want to bother her. I will get with her sometime on Monday if at all possible. Have the PT appt at 11 or so, so I will be out with good service before and after.

Had to take our part-time helper to the emergency room.... he's diabetic and he couldn't get his sugar regulated and it has been sky high for several days. I feel bad, but he also won't eat right, drinks REGULAR sugary sodas..... so how much sympathy can you have. He hasn't done anything since he did the mowing at my house and really did it pretty good. But if you don't make the effort to eat somewhat right, and drink stuff you aren't supposed to, then ... really.... has an "almost" ex-wife that he calls for some things..... told me that he hasn't been able to get a dr appt at the clinic and isn't getting the medicaid right now..... We have told him that if he has to go somewhere to ask..... I am not going to babysit him. He//, I have enough to do to keep up with all my stuff and all; but I can take him a half hour away to a dr appt as long as it doesn't get in the way of my PT or my testing. If I know about it, I can schedule testing around it. He's good help but has alot of family problems I think. :idunno :hide They are keeping him overnight so I told him to let me know how things look tomorrow and I can go get him.