Farmerjan's journal - Weather

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
P.S. I'd probably have to PAY someone instead of them paying me for being a call girl.... too old, too grey/white, too many calluses on my hands.... plus a farmers tan isn't all that attractive to most except farmers....:lol:

I think you are being too modest, Miss Farmerjan! You'd probably have a good customer base, should you decide to do something like that!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hey, just a few minutes and I am heading up to turn the cow out from the calves.

took some stuff and dropped it at the bank that they wanted, the 3 month statement from my retirement account which is simply superfluous.... and they want one other page.... which I don't consider any of their business, but since they got that page with the earlier 3 month statement, I will supply it. But once this is done, they will have absolutely no access to any of the accounts. End of story.
Pray for Thursday to get here.....and the closing to happen.... I am at the point of not being responsible for a lost temper tantrum if this keeps up.
Caught a young red fox in the trap and cannot make myself shoot it so will take it to a place where they actually ride to the hounds.... and they do not kill the foxes.... it borders one pasture we have, and there are several thousand acres with the surrounding pastures, the power lines, woods etc... and all running through that area.
There were 3 days with no coons or possums.... this may have been the fox that was seen earlier this year.... It will have a chance on this acreage.... there is a cut over 200 + acres too.... and I have seen rabbits there and there aren't any chickens in the area either....

Whoops, thunder, going up the hill real quick.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm with Bruce. They want to know the funds in that account are not $$ acquired recently, as in loans. YES, the banking laws are such that they try to not have mortgages place with fraudulent funds, acquisitions, etc. IF it had been a loan, then your debt/income ratio would have changed and so would your loan qualification, possibly. It's pretty standard.

Years ago I gave my DD & SIL 3K for a down on a house. I had to sign a statement that it was a gift and NOT a loan requiring repayment, because it was put into her account about 30 days prior to close and they made them produce the same 90 days back, pay stubs and all that you are now having to do. Remember years back all those "questionable loans"? Well, regs changed and they truly ask for things which seem unfair, unnecessary and intrusive. It will be over soon.......then, no questions or concerns, just payments :D =D No more than rent payments.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, I didn't shut this down in my rush to get up the hill. Good thing, as the internet light is blinking red again, so at least I can type a bit.
It was just starting to rain here, nothing up the hill, so got cow out and then went to the convenience store and got a bag of ice. Sky was black and lightning. Was raining by the time I got a mile towards home, and POURED all the way.... sides of the roads running full and across the road... dirt road to here was almost covered with water and the driveway here was running full. The owner has run the gutters off the barn, so that it runs down the driveway, takes the gravel out too.... instead of digging a small swale so it will run over into the pasture, into the "creek", just let it run down the driveway..... really. Gets on my nerves.... and now the water in the house will be muddy from the water running into the spring and spring house....I don't drink it anymore, and won't wash the clothes here either.... will be so glad to be done. I would have put a cistern up on the hill behind the house, for storage and to let any dirt etc, settle out before letting the water come into the house....but he wouldn't spend a penny if he didn't have to.
Sorta funny, as he bought a brand new 4wd tractor a couple years ago.... and he is having problems with it again and it is in the shop now....Probably cost 75,000 new, then put a front end loader on it.....OUCH..... so glad that we only have trouble with our old outdated big old tractors......with no computers on them except the one JD and it is a pain to get it worked on....

Rain let up, now it is starting back up. Really coming down again. Glad I have the rain gauge out....We got .7 inch yesterday afternoon when I was at the farm testing, I checked when I got home right near dark. Ought to be an inch or more from this I would think. The sorghum/sudan was really looking good the other day after we finally got some rain... it will grow by the foot with this water. It is tall enough to really be able to utilize this water now.

Thanks for the compliment @Senile_Texas_Aggie , but doubt there would be a customer base.... and don't need to find out.... but it was meant to be funny, and it was, so thanks for the "vote of confidence".....

I will not do 5 farms, 7 total milkings, like this ever again. I can barely walk this afternoon and there aren't enough "drugs" to take away the hurt. I have 2 scheduled for next week already.... Tues and Wed.... then the closing Thursday and I intend to go to the house and just walk around inside and sit and look and study what I am thinking of doing.... Might test Friday if someone calls but only have a couple more to get caught up on. One of my farms called, one of their employees has been feeling kinda crummy and his parents have both been dignosed with it so it is a pretty sure thing he has it. So Farm is on "lockdown" as far as any interaction with other people. The milk still gets shipped and feed delivered and cows fed and milked and all that, but just no one can be around anyone else.... It was nice of her to call since it was getting about that time for them.... I'm hoping for their sake that everyone will be okay.... her grandfather still comes and helps with hay raking and stuff so hoping he was not "closely exposed" since he is in his mid-late 70's????

I hurt but it is the legs/knees, and the fact that the landlord got in the calves and had most of them separated from the cows Wed eve and then got the rest separated out on Thursday.... so all they did was scream and bawl for 2 days and nights.... of course the 2 nights that I had to get up and go to a farm the next morning..... I didn't get 4 hours sleep either night and I am really beat this afternoon. As soon as this storm passes, I am going in to get a shower and wash my hair and get some sleep. It has all sorts of cow s@#t in it so HAS to be washed... just hope there is enough hot water that the muddier stuff from this evening hasn't percolated through the system yet. It will run brown tomorrow I am sure.

Well, hope everyone else is having a nice start to their weekend.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm with Bruce. They want to know the funds in that account are not $$ acquired recently, as in loans. YES, the banking laws are such that they try to not have mortgages place with fraudulent funds, acquisitions, etc. IF it had been a loan, then your debt/income ratio would have changed and so would your loan qualification, possibly. It's pretty standard.

Years ago I gave my DD & SIL 3K for a down on a house. I had to sign a statement that it was a gift and NOT a loan requiring repayment, because it was put into her account about 30 days prior to close and they made them produce the same 90 days back, pay stubs and all that you are now having to do. Remember years back all those "questionable loans"? Well, regs changed and they truly ask for things which seem unfair, unnecessary and intrusive. It will be over soon.......then, no questions or concerns, just payments :D =D No more than rent payments.

I do get it, except that with 20% down on this house, there is nothing that they would even stand to question if "GOD FORBID" I defaulted. And I am just plain tired of all this as it is nearly a month later than they were saying we could close 30 days after the sales contract was signed.... so the closing could have been as soon as the 17th of July.... we figured the week of the 20th..... and here it is going to be the 13th of August..... tell me what all you need up front, and then that be it. Not this constant well we need this and that and then the next week we need something else. They had that bank statement for a month when they just decided this week they needed clarification.... that money was put in there 3 weeks before the deposit from the retirement account.... that bank statement was in their hands before they then needed proof that the money was deposited from the retirement fund on July 15th..... so they got a "running statement" showing that deposit.... the other one was there all the time.....
They'd, have a hissy fit, if they saw there was another 2200 deposit made a bout 10 days after the retirement funds.... and no they are not getting any more bank statements. It's not like there aren't other deposits for 1,000 or 1500 or more from time to time for cattle....
Doesn't matter..... Yes, it will soon be over and no more rent payments as soon as I can get the bathroom put together...
Hoping/planning on 2 months to do stuff and get things moved.... as much as I can so that I am thinking the 1st of Nov to be completely out of here.... I am not saying anything until I see how things go at the house.... not going to get myself in a bind if something comes up or goes wrong....

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Dirty water? One of the most fundamental requirements of living? And that jerk won't even make sure that you have clean water? I wish that idiot a lot of luck on another tenant, he's gonna need it.

On to the new house. take a fold up camp chair or better yet, a fold up lounge chair, like what is around a swimming pool. Stretch out and just soak up the positive vibes of owning YOUR OWN HOUSE and smile at your good fortune. Ok, that's enough-get up and go to work!! LOL

I sure hope that you can get things oriented so that you can have your knee surgery. The pain is always there, nagging, hurting and not letting you even rest.
Curiously enough, since the last time the dogs slammed into the back of my bad knee and knocked me on my face, I have been relatively pain free. They definitely knocked it forward because i can no longer straighten it out completely, it looks weird, but hey (shrug) I can live with that.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not this constant well we need this and that and then the next week we need something else.
There are always weird little things. Do you know any real estate agents? I suspect if you told them all this stuff they would just shake their head "Yep", "Yep", "Seen that too", "Be glad they didn't .....". You'll be done soon.

When we sold the old house there wasn't a railing down the stairs that went out back. Never had been in 29 years. In fact the stairs were the upper half of the original stairs in the house that went up from the dining area to a platform then turned up to the upper floor. The buyers didn't care but the bank, NOT the insurance company, required a handrail. I asked if it have to meet code with balusters spaced less than 4". Nope, a couple of 2x4 verticals and a 2x4 screwed to them as a handrail was plenty fine. Go figure. The buyers were renting a few doors down in the neighborhood, they threw up the handrail so I didn't have to drive the 35 minutes one way.

Latest posts