Farmerjan's journal - Weather

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's not a big deal to me anymore. I did not have an unhappy childhood for the most part. Lots of good memories. I just didn't realize that my father was a "control" person until I got out of there and into a marriage that was more controlling. My dad did lots of things with us kids, and encourage alot of "independence" in a way, I had a horse that I was required to pay for and feed and take care of, I worked/babysat and then a regular job after school for the expenses, didn't run with the wrong crowd or get into trouble because my "free time" was structured and I didn't realize how much.
Wasn't beaten, starved, physically abused, worked as a slave for the family..... I had it good in many ways.

So, I am not trying to paint a horrible picture.... I just learned after the divorce alot more about myself.... and what also not to do to make my son's life difficult with his relationship with his father. I am saddened that @Ridgetop is seeing such a rigid hard ridiculously controlling attitude from her dd, and just wanted to share the "being there for the grandchildren " if it comes to that. Believe me, it is hard to not say anything about the person you don't agree with.... and it hurts that it is a person that you raised and that you start to wonder and question how this person could have this sort of attitude.... the thing that scares me is the wanting to just put them on medication, instead of more testing for a possible problem. That would have me jumping up and down....
DA#N all these drugs pumped into kids systems that sometimes a good hard outside playing til you are just tuckered out is what they need.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, have had 2 busy days. Guess we should have cut that hay as we got less than .2 inch here, and supposedly none at the field where the hay is. Oh well, doesn't matter now, not cut and it POURED down rain this evening.

Spent time with the well guys and finally they couldn't do what needed doing because there was water still backfeeding from the higher up troughs..... Son said they still hadn't drained enough when he got there at 3. So he did finally get the well pump pulled this afternoon, got a "wheel" that they put on the top of the well head, to help pull it. Seems this pump was nearly 450 feet down. The pump is bad, so they will be bringing a new pump to install, and it needs a new pressure switch box???? Whatever..... At least there is enough water in the one that is gravity fed off the spring, and another trough for the other field was full....
The owners are having issues with the well across the road that is tied into this system and want to cut it off from this side..... they are wanting to sell the farm and this will "sever the tie" also. Son has told them that they need to NOT cap off the pipe though, as if they get into a problem, at least they could get water off this side if needed and vice versa....we'll see how that goes. Sometimes there isn't alot of common sense there...
Left them at noon to go to work, and tested the 160 cow herd yesterday evening. Went well, and got home about 7:30 - 8 and let the cow out and came to the house. Got up early, packed those samples , got all the bottles ready for today, left about 9 to go do the cow, drop off the samples, get gas, and all the little things, and headed to test the 200 cow jersey herd 2+ hours away. All went okay there, but I was hurting by the time we got done in the parlor 4 1/2 hours later. Got about 1/2 way home and ran into POURING DOWN rain... and it rained the rest of the way. Went and just turned the cow out, and came home.
Had a very "pi$$ me off" phone call from the bank. Not mad at them.... they have been trying to get ahold of my gen mgr.... we don't have a HR dept.... to get verification for the underwriters, for the mtg. Now, why the bank waited this long to tell me I can only guess. Seems the gen mgr who is a dingbat blonde that is not mgr material.... hasn't answered any of their phine calls or e-mails. She tells me this as I am on my way to Winchester to test. Won't be home before 9 pm probably. Says that if they don't get this signed paper and proof that the closing can't continue.....

WHAT????? So I said that I would call and see what the problem was... see if I could get through to her.
So she answers and I asked her why she has not returned the call to the bank , with the info they need concerning the mortgage.... she knows I am buying the house because she had to sign off on my withdrawal from the investment firm when I took the money out of the retirement account.
Do you know what she told me..... that she thought these calls were from a telemarketing or soliciting type company and that she doesn't answer them. OKAY, do you not listen to the voice mails???? Do you not answer the e-mails?????
I said that they have been trying to get in touch with her as the head of the company to be able to prove that I do work for them and have for several years.... all part of this covid crap..... AND THAT IF SHE DOESN'T GET THIS INFO TO THEM I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CLOSE ON THE HOUSE TOMORROW....... So she says, okay, I will call them.
I immediately called the lady at the bank back, told her what I was told and she said, do you think she will answer if I called her right now, and I said PLEASE DO... and if she doesn't get any satisfaction within the hour to call me because I would be in the barn after 1 p.m.
I get a text about a half hour later that she talked to the lady at the bank, gave her the information she needed and e-mailed what they wanted and all should be good to go......
Called the lady at the bank, and she said, oh she was very nice on the phone and said she thought we were a solicitation company that is why she didn't answer the phone.... and I said, AND, SHE DIDN'T LISTEN TO THE MESSAGES YOU LEFT OR READ THE EMAILS...???? ( as in don't start making excuses for this BS.....) and she said that it was sent to the underwriters and that everything should be good to go.....
It better be.....

And why wait for the last minute to tell me... why not mention it last week or at least on Monday when I had to e-sign another form?????

The stupidity of people doing jobs like this just makes me want to scream.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got to be at the ins office at 9 to sign those papers, then kill a little time and be at the lawyers at 10:15....
Please please let this be it.....
I will do the cow after, since I don't want to risk getting all dirty and I don't want to make 2 trips up the hill and back to change clothes.... plus it is supposed to be raining....I am off the rest of the day.....Got to get these milk samples packed and if not pouring I have some bags of junk to take to the dumpsters....
And just walk around the house and make some more observations....
Got some paint sample jars but not any brushes or anything. There might be some around here, but who knows where; so will just buy a few brushes and a roller pan set. Take the vaccuum up there with a few new bags.... Then get the list and start to do things on the list.
Need to talk to the owners about the electricity switch over.... rather than them cut it off and then have to pay a reconnection fee.... I will call them after the closing is done. Plus want to talk to the elec company about the internet service they offer....
Internet keeps coming and going here, light comes and goes, so don't know if this will even upload now....

Keep your fingers crossed for me I can't access the little emojis....

Time for a shower and bed.....

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
OKAY, I have been on here a little bit trying to catch up so I could spend some time here on my journal, and now the COTTON PICKIN internet light is flashing so don't know what/if I will be able to post...

YES, IT IS DONE, RECORDED AT THE COURT HOUSE AND MINE !!!!!!!! THANK YOU to everyone for the prayers. I will see about pictures, but won't be able to load anything until I figure out how..... oh yeah, I need a digital camera.... my phone is an ANCIENT FLIP PHONE......

But the 200 million papers says it is mine, with the bank holding the lien (in the form of the mortgage) !!!!!!.

Poured down rain this morning while at the lawyers..... then got some partly sunny weather with high humidity and temps went to 91 again....

Oh, the light is blinking red for the internet, I am going to try to send this. Maybe will be able to write more.....later or tomorrow as every time it rains it goes out....

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
My flip is old also. I take a pic, send it to myself at my email address, as picture message. Go to email, open and save to pictures on computer. In posting, hit attach files, go into pictures and click on it. WahLah!! Like magic it appears.

If in doubt, grab some 10 yr old and ask for help. :lol: :lol:

I can't even catch up with all the lingo, or tech options but, still puttering along. I have been told to "upgrade" my phone but, it's a daunting task. Amazing, still. You know, when you mention a "phone booth" in a crowd of teens, they don't know that lingo. :D =D Party line? Well, obviously that's a group call for them....and phones tied to a line????