Farmerjan's journal - Weather

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
ROAD TRIP?!
Yesterday on the drive home from the doctor DH said he just wanted to get in the truck and go SOMEWHERE - ANYWHERE!!! We have a truck, and tools, can we come too? LOL

YAY! Floors done soon! :fl
However, if this floor guy bails do what Mini Horses said - move in anyway and get out of the rental! Keep your stuff in boxes and put up plastic sheeting. You can also get rolls of floor plastic that have a tacky surface to lay over the carpeted areas of the house. They stick to the carpet but pull up really easily. They will keep the sanding dust from getting into any carpets. You can get the rolls of this plastic at Lowes - I think I got them in the paint department where the rosin paper rolls are. It comes in a roll (like Saran Wrap) and rolls out over the floor. It will stick to the basexboards so you can stick it up over the baseboards in carpeted areas. You will have to overlap the strips rolling it out but it works great and really protects the carpets. Hopefully you can get into your new house completely by Christmas and be out from underneath double payments.

So sorry about your knees. :hugs
Naturally if the hospitals are really getting crowded with Covid cases you don't want to be going in for surgery. A lot of this publicized spread in the disease are less dangerous cases but is getting a lot of hype from the liberal papers. Many people that are positive don't have any symptoms. I just don't believe everything I hear about the number of cases. When you compare the number of cases with the number of actual deaths, there is a big discrepancy with few deaths. New quarantine rules and warnings here in CA are designed to punish us now that the liberals see a way to get more power. Covid is a real disease, and was very dangerous in the original form but it has weakened and a lot of the upsurge is with more people getting tested. Also more and more stories coming out about false positive results on Covid testing. I am getting really fed up with the constant mask warnings. Now our "leaders" in CA are saying that we must wear masks in our own homes!!!
Of course, they are all being caught ignoring their own rules!

Shakespeare had it wrong about "First kill all the lawyers", it should be "First kill all the politicians"!

By the way, DH told me the other day that t was a good thing that I have all that extra toilet paper in the Connex - apparently with the new quarantines it is flying off the shelves again!
;)

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Had to take a break after PT and the grocery shopping I did. Unloaded some stuff, got to get the rest in the house. Made a sandwich and ate... going to go out and fill waterers for the chickens now that it has warmed up some and thawed everything. I will go fill the buckets later and top off the waterers later and then come in and write more.

I am in the process of packing in boxes now and will just move and unpack here I guess. Hate to think about that when I so wanted to just move room by room and not have to do all this double crap.....but I am still going to start moving some stuff as is, like the drawers from the dressers etc.....

Talked to the lady about the floors this morning before I went to PT. They will be here tomorrow, Friday, after 10 a.m. as they are putting the third coat on a job in the morning. They are going to start on the floor when they come to bring the equipment. Taking up the vinyl for starters. So, I have no reason to doubt that they are serious about it. I asked if they needed half up front as the others wanted and she said no..... they didn't expect any money until the job was done and the customer is satisfied.

Just a note, there were signs everywhere that there was a limit of 2 packages of toilet paper and paper towels and such.... and I heard that on the news today too.

The dr office is not scheduling any new appts. I want to go to the one that my PT 's mom used up there in MD. He went up this weekend and said that she is doing REALLY REALLY good considering the first week with the dehydration/low salt problems she had. Said for a double replacement she is doing fantastic. It has been right at 8 weeks. No canes, walkers or anything. He also said that she is a bit overweight, 75 years old, and did next to no "prep" as far as strength work for the muscles.... he said I will do fantastic if I follow along as I am now with some extra strength work 3-4 weeks before the operation. I asked about doing more now and he said that it will not help if I aggravate the knees to the point of hurting so bad that I cannot even get around like I am. To just keep up with the cycle machine, and to try to keep up with flexibility..... going to go back into the pool for some added moving/flexing .... to do it without pain like I feel here with the gravity..... But, I am not going to overdue the knees other than to just keep the flexibility and trying to get them to straighten as much as possible too. Right knee has a 25degree "bend, left about 18%. When you stand and "straighten the knees" they don't straighten.... That is part of what hurts....and that continues to put more strain on posture and all the ligaments and tendons that support the knees and thighs and even the ankle......they get so tight that the way he works them and the pressure points about lifts me off the table with the sore/tenderness..... but.... it is helping some.... I am getting a little more straightening he says.... Each degree is a plus.....

Gotta get out and get some other stuff done.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Doctors office is not taking any appts for new consultations until after the holidays. (Jan 2021). MD is another state of continuing control. Since VA is no better, I am not going to talk to any of the drs that do this procedure over towards the Richmond area. Besides, I really want to go with a dr that has some good recommendations. Took me all that time to find the ankle dr @ Duke in NC..and it was the best thing I have ever done.... can't take all that time now or I will be like @Mini Horses mom and be in a wheelchair.... but I don't have to take all that time. Unless for some way out reason that I don't personally like (click with) this dr., I am pretty set on trying to have him do it with the positives I have read and the personal feelings of my PT.
So, yep, get things packed as much as I don't want to do all that. BUT.... if the floors get sanded, I can start working on just moving stuff too as that mess will be done with by Sunday at least. I will put a bunch of stuff in the truck in the morning before I come up. It is hard to do much carrying so I get a bunch on the truck, then bring a few boxes in at a time here; inbetween doing the chickens etc.

Got the headlight switch ordered for the 4x4 ranger..... be here tomorrow. Truck won't start now and it is most likely the ignition module so will just get one of them tomorrow too. Truck started fine, moved it, unloaded some stuff and then it wouldn't start again :barnie :barnie :th:th Cranks and cranks and there is no reason to run down the battery. All I can do is laugh.... MURPHY'S LAW AGAIN......but again, that is a minor aggravation.

Filled the chicken waterers, and got a couple buckets of feed and filled the feeders. Got a couple bales of shavings and spread 1/2 one inside the shelter. Turned off the water but it is not supposed to get down too cold this evening. So probably not freezing anyway. I will fill all the buckets tomorrow when I go in that direction.
I need to take the meters off the truck from the farm I tested yesterday. Then I can slide a bunch of boxes in the back more easily.
Going to do a load or 2 of laundry tomorrow. Have more stuff that can be done and hung out while I am here. Sun and warmer forecast for the next 2-3 days.

Got the car looked at, it was the idler pulley locked up which caused the belt to break/get thrown off. So they got a new idler arm pulley on and it is going in to get the muffler pipe fixed tomorrow. HOORAY:yesss::weee:highfive::jumpy:jumpy:yesss::weee:weee:weee:weee:weeeAnother inconvenience and pain in the neck..... but easily fixable....

So, I am going to head down the hill shortly and see about getting some more boxes packed, & stacked to be loaded in the morning. Eat something, and get the laundry together. Make up some boxes of stuff to bring up here. Hoping to get here and the new sanding guy will show up as promised.:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl:fl

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
So excited that this floor man actually sounds like he will be coming out and doing the job! The fact that he isn't asking for anything until the job is done is also good since it means (to me anyway) that he is serious about getting in and getting this job done.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, HALLELUJAH...... Floor guy came by 10:30 and they have been diligently working on the floor. Got the vinyl crap off the floor by the door... it is a sticky kind of contact cement and still sticky.... UCK. They plan to put the first coat in the morning. Probably tomorrow they will come back and do a finish sanding job, and all then do the first coat.

It is not near as dusty/messy as was presented to me by the other guy or by several individuals. They have several vacuum things that attach to the sanders..... I could have been moving stuff all along. :somad:rant:duc:somad:rant:rant:rant. TOTALLY pi$$es me off.
So I am going to go down to the other house and load some stuff and bring it back up here later. Have to go haul feed for the chickens too.
They are doing some putty in some of the cracks and all and then it has to dry. They will be back tomorrow. Will do a final sanding/finish smooth and then do the first coat of finish.
Cannot believe that I was so concerned about the dust everyone else said would be so bad. There isn't enough here to make a spit balls worth of difference.

Got the parts for the truck.... it ought to get done this evening I hope.

It is sunny and comfortable out. Wearing a lt wt sweatshirt and almost too warm. Will get the heaters started later so that the putty dries.
The boards are really nice.... lots and lots of knots. It will be a reddish color with the way the boards will take the clear finish as it soaks in. They showed me a little place and it will be amazing. They are getting ready to leave for the day. I just can't believe all the grief I went through waiting and this is so close to being done.

So I am going to go and put a load of clothes in the washing machine that I brought up from the other house. Get them on the line and then they will be dry tomorrow afternoon to bring in. Possible passing showers now on Sunday instead of monday....

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
:celebrate:celebrate:thumbsup:celebrate:celebrate

That little bit more in price will be priceless with so much less clean up!! New equipment is made for better results. I am just so happy this will be crossed off of "our" lists! 😁

Now let's glue that tub crack and get moved......this will be so much relief for you. Knock those stress levels in half. :yesss::highfive:

Latest posts