Farmerjan's journal - Weather

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yay!
I have decided that the Elkhart area is where we want to locate - will we be neighbors?!
:D
My son has 35 acres in Houston County, outside of Ratcliff. I am working on BJ. LOL LOL Elkhart is in Anderson County, next door!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Heading down the hill. I have been watching a movie on the computer because of course I only have the dvd's and not a tv or anything up here....

Getting cold out, looks like 18 on the thermometer already. Think that tonight will be the coldest this week, then sun tomorrow and a little warmer tomorrow night.... in time for some more "wintry mix"....

One of the clotheslines broke, but the ground was still hard and some snow, so I took down half of the dry clothes, 2 big baskets full, and rehung the ones off the down line and hung the ones I had left and they will be good and dry tomorrow. I probably could have brought in more but 2 was about all I could take with the cold. Even with the sun out I don't think it got over 40 at best and there was a breeze. Didn't see hardly any melting anywhere.
Got most of these clothes folded and put away. House has been cold too, I feel a slight draft near the floor and cannot find anywhere it is coming in. Not alot, but enough to just feel cold.

Car is warming up, there was frost on the windshield.... a hot shower is going to feel good.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
With the sand we have here, everything is so dusty that if I hung clothes out on a line, they would wind up dirtier than before I washed them......except for maybe now........ :lol:

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wet clothes on the line in Texas right now WOULD freeze solid! LOL

But with no heat you have to hang them above the fireplace. Now we know why pioneers wore their clothes for several days before changing them. And only toted and heated water for baths once a week. LOL