Farmerjan's journal - Weather

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
People with compromised immune systems that have reactions to the shot on down the road from the time they took it, will never even put it together that their problems came from the shot. I guess if you have the Gates foundation heavily involved, who are big proponents in population reduction and eugenics, then what better vehicle to carry out such diabolical plans than under the cover of “helping” people with a vaccine?
The Gates announced they are getting divorced.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Heard the announcement that the Gates are getting divorced.... Maybe his plans for the world are too much for her???
LOOOONG DAY. Haven't been sleeping well, so last night was no different. I did wash my hair last night and got up this morning without the headache at least. Went out and dumped .3 inch of rain from the few showers we have had. Better than nothing... then left right about 7-7:15. Stopped at the TSC in Lexington.. heading south, and looked at the dump cart there. 8 cu ft is too small. Looked at the rest because they were outside with one of those cables going through them so no one steals them, but it was convenient that they were outside. TSC has the bigger one on the website, said it is only available in "selected stores" and when you go to see what stores there were none listed in 100 miles of any zip I put in. One of those "draw you in " type of things. Plus it was only $10 less than what the one at Home depot was. So I headed south. It was mostly sunny, although they were saying some possible thunderstorms and possible downpours. Traffic was okay, but I got down to Danville where the Home Depot was that was supposed to have them in stock, and it was early that I decided to go there first. LOW and BEHOLD,,,,, they actually had 3 in stock.... and I bought one. They loaded it in the back of the outback, and I went on my merry way down to the drs.
I got there early enough to stop and get some lunch, a sub from Jimmy Johns.... and then went for the appt. They are very pleased, said I have VERY GOOD range of motion. Discussed the swelling and tingling, no pain still... and they said it can take up to 2 years for it to get back to "normal" but there always might be some puffiness, and that it might be the new normal. The toes on that foot curl under a little, and so "hammer toes" are a bit of a concern, and for me to try to spend a little time bending the ends back "up" so they are straighter. They can correct hammer toes, but they are much less flexible, so not an option in my book. I do wear a little thingy that goes under the 2 toes and has an elastic strap over the top of the toes to help straighten them.... but it starts to hurt after a few hours.... it does help a little... so I think that it is in my best interest to just keep "after" them and not worry about them so much. I think part of it is that I can't put my toes flat on the floor like the other foot, from the foot still being more "swollen" puffy.... it is like the toes are always curling down to touch the ground... if that makes any sense.
The tingling numbness may always be there across the top of the foot due to them having to move the nerve that goes across the top of the foot when they do the surgery, but that it too might "calm down" more as time goes by. All in all, they basically said I am "released" unless I have any other problems, then to call them. They are pleased with it and overall so am I. Also to try going a half size bigger in my boots so that they are not quite so tight to slip on and off...
It is minor about the boots and even the tingling since I do have basically nearly full motion... and much more than I had before and with no pain. Some people have more nerve pain I guess..... The toes not really "touching" has thrown my balance off a bit when I am barefoot in the house sometimes... and like in the shower... but I have no pain and it basically works and no one would ever know it had been replaced and it is not stuck in one position like if it was fused.... so GOOD......

I finally left there about 3.... came up the road and hit some POURING DOWN RAIN..... then drove out of it. But there were puddles on the road so I know they had gotten some too. About half way home, there was a sign for strawberries.... I got some last year at this same place. Pick your own or already picked... it had poured there so was only already picked.... I bought 3 flats of 5 lbs each.... expensive, but I will freeze 2 flats up tomorrow. Luckily strawberries are easy.... Talked to DS after I got home....told him that there was a flat here for him.... GF daughter likes strawberries..... about 7:30.... I had gone and fed the horse before I even came home since I knew once I stopped I would not want to go back out.... He said that it really poured here and the wind blew. There were trees down several places along the road and one small little town I came through was totally without power.... it washed some in the driveway into Deb's.... but the horse was fine and I didn't see any obvious trees on fences there...
There was 2 INCHES in the rain gauge.....:th:ep:ep:ep and I had dumped 3/10ths this morning.... so I know it was empty....

So the trees got well watered again, and the rose, which I did take out a 2 gal bucket to... and the peonies all got well watered.... and this will make the hay just jump out of the ground. Plus it is time to move cows and calves to pastures..... then get right into hay....

I will go down to the stone house tomorrow and get going on the stuff. Told DS that I would need help next week to get the last of the stuff moved as I will have it all sorted and boxed I hope... Plan to have the stuff out of the freezers too so that he can get them moved as soon as he gets a little help.

I am tired, long day with the driving and all.... But a good day overall.

Oh, they are doing a "study" on stem cell effects on arthritis and bad joints and dr said it would be good for me to check into it and see if I would qualify.... Might be something to try on the knees.... can't hurt anything.... They are going to call me in a day or 2 from the other dr that is doing it....See if I qualify and go from there....might not be eligible....can't hurt to ask.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Great ankle news. I'm thinking, once knees are done, you will see more balance and leveling off because that will straighten the knees....then, the rest will realign with PT and use. Only 6 more months!!!! So much less than what you have endured so far. You are almost there. ;)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m glad Home Depit had the trailer you wanted, it sure will come in handy.
Great news on the ankle. If wearing the thing for your toes hurts after a few hours, what about wearing it at night?

It would be great if you qualify for the stem cell therapy for your knees. Even better if it works and you can skip surgery. But if not, we know the surgery works and relief from the pain would be a Blessing.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
She has the headaches, body aches, extreme fatigue lately, and her diabetes has suddenly gone nuts

I will have to mention to her that she needs to go back to the pcp and make a big deal about it as a possible reaction to that shot if the Lyme test comes back negative....sounds like alot of the problems I have read about....
I've heard that sometimes people who have that sort of reaction to the vaccine may have had a case of Covid in the past. If that is the case I suspect it would have been non symptomatic. Hopefully that is it, not Lyme.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am not sure if she will want to be having a reaction due to having had a non-symptomatic case of covid in the past because the research that I have done is saying that if you get a variant then the spike proteins that the vaccine inititates, actually go around what the vaccine is supposed to protect because it ONLY recognizes that particular strain and that "wild strain" as they are calling it is pretty much done and the variants are the ones causing the problems now. If your immune system will not react to the new variants, as has been explained to me in a doctor's video, then what good is the vaccine either. Plus they say that some people become so hypersensitive to any reaction that the vaccine may initiate, that it is a worse case than if they did not get the vaccine and only had their own bodies response.
I will see her on Friday for a few minutes and find out how the Lyme test went....

No way in God's green earth will I take that vaccine after the more and more I read/learn about it.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got 2 trays of strawberries in the freezer... about 10-11 lbs. Going up to do the horse and then get ready for tomorrow morning; need to get the boxes with the sample bottles in the car and make sure I have everything I need.
I woke up this morning to the alarm, and as I looked it was getting a little light, because it was about quarter to 6 (alarm had been set for Tues morning to go to NC) .... and PANICKED for a minute... because I have to be in the barn at 4 a.m. and didn't realize it was Wed morning and not Thursday morning for a minute. Boy that was a rude awakening....
Haven't heard from DS so have no idea if we are riding together tomorrow morning or if he is going to have to go to work from there and will leave before I get the computer stuff done. :hu:idunno:barnie

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hate those days....wrong day alerts. :lol: It happens with our screwy work schedules! If not for my phone, I often don't know what day it is.

So, remember the "hatching eggs" I pointed out at the swap? Mixed colors and $50 a doz? Laughingly I said I had plenty of those...not knowing there was $100 worth under a hen as we spoke....which are hatching now...😁 Gave her some extra sunflower seeds! Glad I had the bator out of storage already. Had thought to load it and sell some but, will need to finish these first. Should have a load hatched and ready for the Jul auction.

You guys will start haying before long. I'd say field across road will be done about 10-14 days out....with current weather patterns. He generally gets 3 huge cuttings there. They square it. One section they roll, small 450-500#. Good grass. I just don't care for rolls with handling but, may get a couple this year....insurance....so much uncertainty with markets available.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got up in plenty of time this morning, DS had texted me that he needed to go in to work , so would drive separate... I let him get out of there when they get the last group in that are "bucket" / throwaway / treated cows, and then all I have to do is go get the numbers and all, waiting for them to get milked. I don't sample them, and they take the pipeline out of the tank and the milk goes into barrels to collect for the calf feeding. DS got the samples and boxes into the car then left.... I got the samples from the last group, then wrote down all the bucket cow numbers.... then went into the office to do the "paperwork" (computer stuff).....
They were a little late getting going this morning and it was 9:30 before DS left and nearly 10:30 when I finished and left to come home. Then there was a backup on the interstate so I got off and came down the local roads.
So I just got done packing them and will go drop them off. Go do the horse. Go down to the other house. My knees hurt but that is normal.

Got a call from the farm that is 125 miles away, up near Winchester Va that is at the upper edge of western side of Va. He needs to test, but he has a scheduling problem.... He broke his ankle about a month ago, so has several different people, including his 2 adult daughters that are doing fill ins.... one lives 4+ hours away and coming home on weekends to help out. This is the registered jersey herd that I have been thinking will be selling out since none of the kids is going to quit and come home to take it over.... well, he said that he is now really having to serious discuss and decide the future.... Luckily the ankle is healing, he has 2 metal plates in it, and no weight bearing.... boy do I remember those days......

So, tentative test will be this Saturday,..... they will let me know later if he will have enough help.... Have had to re-reschedule another herd that wanted Wed, then called to change to Thursday, then called again to change back to Wed..... :th :barnie.....all due to his regular milker's wife having some surgery....
got one scheduled for Monday already also....... got to call another that I leave the meters for them tom do the owner sampler.... going by there on Saturday to the jersey farm, going to be up that way again on Wed.... they can pick it so I don't have to make 2 special trips.... Going to be a busy week....At least I don't need to do any set up at any of the herds I will be actually testing so far this week coming; so leaving the meters won't be a problem....

DS had a rough time with the injections yesterday and has a horrible headache. I did not go with him to drive home he said he thought he would be fine as the last time he was pretty good............the dr was late..... by 2 HOURS.......but he was there, so waited.....not a good day for him.....

It is sunny but COLD.... it was down to about 43 this morning... and is naturally breezy and will be cold this evening/ tonight again. We are supposed to maybe get some rain this evening/tomorrow..... BRRRRR...

So time to get something more done. I won't be able to walk by tonight ..... tomorrow is PT in the pool, which will help for a bit....

Last edited:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hate those days....wrong day alerts. :lol: It happens with our screwy work schedules! If not for my phone, I often don't know what day it is.

So, remember the "hatching eggs" I pointed out at the swap? Mixed colors and $50 a doz? Laughingly I said I had plenty of those...not knowing there was $100 worth under a hen as we spoke....which are hatching now...😁 Gave her some extra sunflower seeds! Glad I had the bator out of storage already. Had thought to load it and sell some but, will need to finish these first. Should have a load hatched and ready for the Jul auction.

You guys will start haying before long. I'd say field across road will be done about 10-14 days out....with current weather patterns. He generally gets 3 huge cuttings there. They square it. One section they roll, small 450-500#. Good grass. I just don't care for rolls with handling but, may get a couple this year....insurance....so much uncertainty with markets available.
Yeah, $50.00 doz for "blue/colored " hatching eggs..... WOW...... Hope you get a bunch more hatched out from what the hen was sitting on....and that you can sneak them back under her tonight....
:thumbsup:thumbsup for her!!!!!