Farmerjan's journal - Weather

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Late eve... I sat and was watching a dvd movie called Hachi... about an AKITA puppy ... Richard Gere stars and it is good and a tear jerker... I like him as an actor... he was in a movie called Summersby... actually depicted in the Shenandoah valley... another tear jerker...
Had brought some stuff in the house and have to sort through some bathroom stuff. Need to get the towels in the cabinet I got in the corner the other day... I need to get a couple of wedges as it is not level there....
Got the electrical tape on the wire for the fan that got the covering chewed off it in a couple of places.... feel better that it is protected.

Ate some vegs and am going in to take a shower.

Did not go out and finish unloading the car as we got a very short quick downpour shower and then some sprinkley light rain off and on since then. Radar shows that the bulk has still been going around us... but more consistent showers and rain tomorrow and Friday... like 70% chances. I will unload the rest of the car in the morning and go down to the house.
Temps are still right at 70 and a bit sticky. I did get most of the groceries from Tuesday put into the cabinets... I really do not like having the bottom cabinets with counters because I cannot reach up into the upper ones very good. Much prefer the single units without the counters... I have to have a step stool for everything in the kitchen so the upper ones still do not have much in them . I so want the couple of cupboards moved in here so I can start to feel like I can utilize them. This weekend they should get moved.

Talked to a lady that does house cleaning and some yard/landscaping... might have her come and do the final cleaning on the house... will have my SS check by then so will be okay after paying most all the bills already.... I'm tired of all this other BS....

So, tomorrow I will head down the hill again and get more stuff in the car since it looks to be showers most all day. There is some outside stuff to get in the truck so can do that too... No farms this week since that one said they could not test, and my Sat herd wants to put it off until next Sat.... looks like I will be testing Mon, Wed and Sat next week.

Hope everyone has a good night.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Almost done. Won’t it feel great to be done and finished with the rent house!
Next week will be a tough one on your knees. Once you have surgery it will dramatically change your life.
My bum knee doesn’t hurt like it used to. When Trip and Carson busted me in that knee from behind and I did a full face plant, I think they actually knocked the bones forward. I can’t straighten it anymore but it doesn’t hurt like it did and I don’t limp and lurch about like a staggering drunk anymore. Riding my horse still hurts and riding in a car for longer than a couple of hours hurts. But daily living has vastly improved. Maybe you need some dog therapy? LOL

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
That may be true, Bay....chiropractic dogs! 😁

Man oh man, I'd hire her to do the clean and add a hug. It's just easier and done, at this point. Then you can feel relief and concentrate on your home. Some days we just have to bite the bullet. I'm looking at some of that right now! Even a tight budget still makes it make sense sometimes. If you can find someone to actually work, that is.

My week has been crazy and I'm ready to be done!!! Trying to have a few days off....need to do things here, at home. Just not in the mood after a 12 hr day! Mental break needed....same thing you need....especially with hay season on you. The list is too long. :lol::old

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Getting some showers and all..... thunder and short waves of a little rain. Going to go down the hill shortly.
Ankle is swollen up and it is probably from being on it so much again. I never thought that I would continue to have the swelling this far down the road after it has done so good with the movement. range of motion and all. Part of it might be that since the new chair for the desk is so much better than the old one, I do alot more sitting than I used to.
Had the water on the 3rd, best looking tree yesterday.... forgot about it so it got about 6 hours of slow light watering. Am going to move it back to the middle, worst looking tree, and the next watering is going to be a long slow watering like the best tree got. But might get lucky and not need to do that for another week since we are supposed to get any where from 1/2 to 3 inches in the next couple of days.

Good day to just work in the house here for a bit..... need those stupid wedges for that cabinet before I fill it up and it is too heavy to tip up to get it level.
Going in to do a sink full of dishes out of a box of stuff that I am trying to sort through . A little at a time....

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cloudy, damp, 70 and muggy. Was only down to 69 last night. Looks like some more rain in the area but think we will be on the fringes again. Have to go out and check the rain gauge, had some last night.
Headed out to unload a couple last things out of the car and head down the hill in a bit. Yesterday the ankle was soo puffy and swollen and knees ached. This dampness isn't helping.

Had the 2x farm that milks 220+ text me, and wanted next wed and thurs.... I texted him back and said that I was scheduled mon-wed-fri and sat next week and that it would have to be the following week. So settled on 22-23; tues/wed. of the following week. I just was not going to put in one more farm next week. Bad enough I couldn't space them out and do the 2 that I wanted to, this week.

Going to finish scrubbing off the wood shelves of the set I brought up so they can dry out...and then get going.

Checked my bank account since my paycheck gets direct deposited and they included our vacation pay. Couldn't figure out why it was such a big deposit.... nice surprise....even though I don't work as much, it is partly based on numbers of cows, but also a percentage of it is years of service....

Sun looks like it is trying to come out.... crazy weather...

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I sure hope the lumber shortage/exorbanate price clears up soon. I heard it has added $36K to the cost of a new house!