Farmerjan's journal - Weather

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ouch...on the allergic reactions. Wonder what they use on those strips???? That's rough. I hope it heals soon. Not sure if the spray will help but, its good on "hot spots" not what you have, and actual wounds.šŸ˜” Maybe Mon they will have a relief for you!

Ok, you get to stop some of the PT for a few days!! Rest those legs. Won't hurt at this point, just normal walking. Try to relax.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Tuesday afternoon. I had PT yesterday and had my "regular" guy.... showed him the 2 incisions and the irritation and all... he said that it was a CLEAR case of a severe allergic reaction to the glue that they used to adhere the "zip-line" that held the 2 sides of the incision together. Both sides are really red, scaly, sore, and not much is helping.
It will be interesting to see what they say about the irritated skin. It hurts to touch it... it is so dry and scaly feeling that about the only real relief is when I am in the shower and softly using the soap that helps to moisturize it. Tried an aloe lotion and that hurt too....it is pretty raw.
Did your skin excessively dry out or have allergic histamine reaction? I used the St. Ives Renewing lotion on csection and surgical glue spots that super dried out. For continuing histamine reaction, Benedryl makes a topical gel. That's my goto for mosquito bites because I get large welts. The topical doesn't make me sleepy.

Hope your recovery continues to progress and pain diminishes!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Try Vaseline for the scaly dry spots. Vaseline is very healing and really doesnā€™t have anything in it that could be an irritant. Itā€™s worth a try, what do you have to lose?

You are so determined to get better NOW. You have overworked yourself, listen to your PT guy! LOL LOL

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hopefully the Dr will say :ep when s/he sees the irritation. Glad your PT is so knowledgeable.

I think that between the 3 or 4 hunting there, they have gotten about 10 total so far.
Must be a lot more deer down there, I think we've got more limits here. From what I can tell no more than 1 buck per year, 4 deer total through all the seasons. And there are permits via lottery for antlerless.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
BRRRRRR this morning! 23 put there this morning! Worse, only 60 in here....coldest yet an these are like Jan temps. Sure not liking it. At least the winds are gone. Warming overnight.

Now that I've spoken my dismay, let's get on with the day! Today I have a couple quickie jobs at 3 stores, grocery...so if anything comes to mind that I think I need, I'm there. Haven't even started the truck in 3 days. šŸ‘. Winter schedule is here. I'll fill the tank and get diesel while I'm out, just because. After today, looks like it's home for two weeks....rain Fri but, about it for consideration. Guess this is a "could you handle quitting work?" test. Motivation each day is a challenge. Too easy to laze around. šŸ¤”

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I filled the truck yesterday, $75.01, picked up a penny in the parking lot. LOL Took car to Tyler, filled it up too, it started chugging on the way home. Just freaking great. Was going to take it this weekend, can't make a pickup load, it's going to be raining tomorrow and the car gets better milage. My guess is that it needs a tune up, plugs and the solonoid thing, plus maybe wires. I just really don't need this crap, but at least the car is acting up at home, not in the middle of nowhere. Phooey.

Got cornbread made for the dressing, turkey is in the oven. When that is done, I'll assemble the dressing, then the hashbrown potato casserole.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
filled it up too, it started chugging on the way home. Just freaking great.
I feel your pain. When DH was in the hospital my truck brakes started making horrible noises. Had to park it and drive DH's car. While the car does get better mileage than the truck and it's easier to park in a parking garage - it feels unnatural to me, lol. I'm a truck gal and am definitely uncomfortable driving something where my butt feels like it's dragging the ground!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Warmer this morning, 34 early and sun most all day. Up to 62 but dropping and clouding up now. DS was supposed to get the hay baled today. GF was at the barn with him yesterday and he was not interested in talking to me for very long.... I stopped on the way home from PT and the quick stop at the store....had to get cranberry sauce and went by the VA ABC store and got the amaretto.... and they had things to do so I said, okay, I'm going home. Have not heard from anyone today except a couple of friends.

We lost our power this morning, have no idea why but it was off for several hours. Sure not great for those that were trying to cook dinner...... But finally it came back on.

One of my farmers called and wants to come down with some "thanksgiving dinner" tomorrow... so I have been trying to get the living room a little straightened up. The house is definitely not set up for company yet as there is still so much in packed, stacked boxes.... but oh well.... They will be able to sit in the LR at least.
Took the chicken out of the freezer and will cook it over the weekend. Going to get some potatoes peeled and make mashed potatoes again.... Will make stuffing for it too. And probably green beans since I like them. Then I will have several meals worth of stuff to just heat up.

I have not been able to find the St Ives replenishing lotion, went to 2 different pharmacies as well as the grocery store section.... but got some "Burt's Bees" calming serum.... expensive but states it is for calming and soothing irritated skin. It works... the knees are not near as sore and tender feeling. They are still red, but not feeling like I could cry from just touching them. Not as "hard or scaly" feeling either. Finally some relief from the allergic reaction to the adhesive tape and glue from the zip-line that held the wound together.... I was so afraid to use anything that would cause it to hurt or burn worse. Even the straight aloe gel made them burn....

Going in to make something for supper.... and maybe finish the 1000 pc jigsaw puzzle I have been working on....

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
got some "Burt's Bees" calming serum.... expensive but states it is for calming and soothing irritated skin. It works... the knees are not near as sore and tender feeling. They are still red, but not feeling like I could cry from just touching them. Not as "hard or scaly" feeling either.

Going in to make something for supper.... and maybe finish the 1000 pc jigsaw puzzle I have been working on....
So glad you found something to help!

I love doing puzzles too. Eventually I will have my craft table setup and I can puzzle again.