Farmerjan's journal - Weather

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Monday. It started out kinda nice with some sun; contrary to what they had been saying. But it is now cloudy and looking like it will stay that way with some moisture coming in later. There is a cold front behind it, and then more moisture coming in for Tues/Wed.....possibly in the form of some wintery mix.

@Ridgetop , I haven't meant to be so negative about the replacements.... I think that the horrible experience with the rehab really did a number on me.... The tendons and ligaments and the ham string have been tough. It does seem that due to the extra straightening has put more strain on it as they have to stretch out more than the left leg. That one is just sore and achy like when you do more exercise than normal.
I have several friends that talked about how good their replacements went... and even my PT said that I ought to do really good after having the surgery because the knees were really really bad. And since everyone keeps telling me NOW, how good I am doing after having both done, I have realized that I just expected instant "fixed" status.... and every one that sees me out and walking says how much better I am walking than I was. So it is more my impatience with it not being instantly fixed and working with no pain like I did have after the ankle.
The tightness in the right one is going to have to be worked through and it is going to take time to get it stretched out. My DS said that it was alot more "bowed" than the left and that they really straightened it and so it is really pulling on "shortened" tendons, ligaments, ham string, muscles....etc.
It is just frustrating.

So I am trying to have a more positive outlook.... and grit my teeth when it starts to cramp. The Theraworx magnesium foam muscle and spasm relief does help. I am not seeing any real difference with the muscle relaxer they gave me.
Most of my not sleeping is probably because I am not physically tired like I used to be. I never had any trouble sleeping when I was doing actual physical work. I am trying to not worry about the farm stuff, DS doesn't seem to think that he has any big concerns or he would be putting more effort into getting things done instead of catering to her so much all the time. I have just decided to do what I can, that there are things that aren't getting done all around, this year in general, and next year is a new year to start over.

Just looked at the weather and after the possible precip the middle of the week, we are in for a warm up again into the 60's; so maybe I will see if I can get on the mower and do some mowing and leaf collecting with the sweeper I got last year.

I am going to try the muscle relaxer tomorrow about an hour before PT and see if I have any type of reactions like drowsiness or anything. Sure doesn't seem to help me sleep.... I have never had much luck with pills and stuff... most don't get the desired response that they are supposed to; the pain killers and such. I tell the doctors that it is like taking M&M's and they look at me like I am nuts....

Had 2 farmers call and leave me messages. So time to get my schedule out and see if I can get a few put in. Both are not too hard, one requires set up but the other does not. I am hoping that I can get them done, maybe one this week and then the other next week... plus the owner sampler one that I could drop off the stuff and then pick it up next week.... Time to get back into the groove....

Ate a sandwich for lunch and going to get the samples packed and then get on the phone to the farmers.... guess the "vacation" is over :th :lol::gig.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Getting ready to quit for the night. Just had a cup of hot cocoa, plain, nothing "extra".... It is cold and blustery outside. The wind is blowing like all get out tonight. Sounds like it is going to blow the house away.....We got a few sprinkles earlier... then the wind picked up and it is colder....it will get below freezing tonight as it is already down to 36 from a high of 64 today. Cold only supposed to last 2-3 days then warm back up some.

Finished the 2nd jigsaw puzzle that I thought was going to be harder but it wasn't.

I was reading @Alaskan 's journal.... I am SOOOO THANKFUL we are not seeing any snow like that. One year we had nearly 2 ft and we had to run panels out the driveway to the road to get cattle out of one pasture because it was only calling for some flurries.... and then when we got that there was no way to get in and out there to feed so they were pretty happy to get moved but it was a real job. That's why I hate leaving them out to pasture this late in the year....
I feel for them getting the skid loader off the road and into the creek.... I am not sure that the snow blower is going to work so good for them if they keep getting snow that deep all at once....

PT tomorrow.... leg is tight tonight so a hot shower will help.....

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cold start to the day. 25 this morning, warming up to the mid 40's they say. No wind at least.

Getting ready to get going; have PT at noon. Slept halfway decent last night. Got 2 phone calls out to farmers to see about possibly testing.... gotta get back into the routine. Not sure I want to especially with the colder weather. Got to find my insulated overalls so I can keep the knees warm.....

Need to fold and put the clothes away that I brought in. Time to start getting things straightened out now that I can move around more. Took enough bread heels and stuff out of the freezer for making the stuffing. Then I can put it in the oven and enjoy the added warmth in the house.

Hope @Alaskan can get the snow blower going and get opened up before they get any more snow....

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Bruce, I just hope the rehab pains become a distant memory.

Cold and partly cloudy. 33 earlier and only up to low 40's now. Had a few snow flurries that didn't amount to anything and the clouds have parted some with some sun peeking through but not very warming out there.

I am going to get the stuffing in the chicken and in the oven shortly. Trying to think of anything else to take advantage of the baking time.

Going to do up dishes then tackle another box. I am trying to decide which pull out thing to put in which cabinet... the carpenter that did these custom cabinets for the previous owner did not make the doors the standard size and 2 of them are about 1/2 to 1 inch too narrow for these standard size pull out sliders. I might be better off just doing all new cabinets..... it's a thought. Just aggravated with nothing really fitting. Plus I cannot get down on my knees to do anything in the cabinets yet.... they said no kneeling.... and I am not going to try it. So I will just go through things and try to get some things into the upper cabinets and other stuff put more together/organized so that they can go together into other cabinets once I get the slider things in the ones that will fit.

Not much else going on. No farms scheduled yet but did talk to one farmer and he wants to wait for next week....another one called out of the blue but they needed help with their computer program so I talked them through an update and then helped them to get a few things entered that they were having trouble with. Would have liked to get them done this week... they are down to 60 cows and not far from selling out... but all registered so trying to keep the records up to date as it helps when selling with pedigrees etc. That's the farm that is 125 miles one way....more driving time than in the barn time now. It is only a matter of a few more months for them I am sure. Going to call another one a bit later on this afternoon.

Time to get up and get something done.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
We've had same up and down temps, more coming. I can deal with ours but, sure not the snow and cold others are getting! :lol: just takes several type clothing at the ready. Glad you got somewhat decent sleep.

I'm trying to adjust to so much "time off". Very strange feeling. 😁

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hopefully you will recover faster as the pain recedes and you can be on them more. You were really brave to do both at once.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Ridgetop.......brave or stupid...... but I am glad to not have to go through this a second time.... and they are getting a little bit more "moveable".... at least standing on them is not painful like it used to be. They get tired still, but I guess that is to be expected. Surgery does work on your whole system and body so you can recover....It wears me out and I do ache after PT.

Had another farm call me to see if I am back to testing.... ouch. Got to see what I can do next week and still not overdue it. Have not heard back from the one farm yet...but I am going to try to schedule the others at this point. Hope I will be up to it. Wish I could have gotten one to test tomorrow, but no takers.

Was another cold, cloudy day. 25 early, up to 40. No precipitation but it is supposed to warm up for Saturday and 60% chance of rain. We do need some moisture. Warmer would be better if it is going to rain.

Nothing much going on. Glad it is quiet.
Got propane today..... HOLY COW..... nearly 80 gallons 2.99/gallon. Paid 2.09 I think back when they filled it 4 months ago....
Gas came down to 3.14/gal yesterday.... still see most at 3.25 and 3.29.

Have a list of errands to do so maybe tomorrow will be the day I go do some things. I didn't feel up to it today after PT.....and it was too cold to be out doing stuff. I did go by the farm and get milk on my way home. I want to make some pudding and I make the cooking kind, not instant. Plus I am going to make some mashed potatoes to go with the chicken I roasted. I took broccoli out of the freezer the other day and made enough for 2 meals so I only have to heat it up again.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Real cooked pudding! Chocolate? I haven’t made that in a loooong time. Sure beats the heck out of the crap in a box.

I’m glad you are improving, it will just keep getting better. Try to go a little easy on yourself. Yeah, right. Like you are really going to go easy. LOL

Latest posts