Farmerjan's journal - Weather

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah, because I was annoyed that he left, and that we should have been making hay, but then I didn't have the hay that was already down, ready for him to rake at Deb's.....but I did have the other 9+ acres raked and ready... so I should have done this too....
I'm not trying to figure it out anymore... He was in a sh!t mood when he got there on the tractor... not worth the BS.... I left then he called and said that it looked like it was 55% chance at 4:30 so I said do you want me to come back and rake it and he said, yeah, some green/tough spots was better than it all getting wet....
I should have gone and raked it yesterday... then if the friend had mowed, and the windrows were messed up then "oh well".... it would have been a little drier if I did it yesterday and probably no green spots... who knows...
Don't really care at this point.... it got done, except for the row around the trees and that wouldn't have been dry if I had tedded it out on Saturday.... he says he was going to cut this aft... I did not go back to see... but it will have to be tedded if he makes it into sq bales like he says... It would have been tedded on Friday, raked and made into sq bales on Sunday if he had stayed here to make hay.

Found out today, they went to Pigeon Forge, and Dollywood, and her mother was invited to go..... big secret....Whatever.

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
Finally all caught up! Now you won’t have to sign on to hundreds of notifications—just the regular ones 😂

I’m seriously getting a hate on for your DS’s GF. What a piece of work! Exploiting his need for a family of his own to manipulate him into bending over backwards for her all while making you out to be the “bad guy.” Yeah, I’ve met a few women like that. It’s awful to watch while being powerless to stop it…and it takes way too long for the guys caught in the web to realize that it doesn’t matter how much he bends over backwards—she’ll never truly reciprocate. Just use him until things get too difficult for her.
Sad.
I’m sorry you’re going through it and have to protect yourself from it. I think your plans of focusing on the heifers and milk cows while he does the steers is a good one. It’ll be nice too that he can move the steers around and it won’t be so frustrating when he doesn’t keep you in the loop.

Big hugs, lady! :hugs:hugs

I’ve really enjoyed catching up on this year of your journal. Definitely brought back a lot of memories of my own time with cows! Good times!—Both sincere and sarcastic 😂

I also wanted to say that I’m always so grateful and impressed by your support for anyone on the forum who needs help. You’re an amazing person and we’re lucky to have you here 🤗

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Guess who is in control.
YEAH, NO JOKE.....
It is the "secret" crap that frosts me... no, I wouldn't have gone. Principles of it...
And on the week we needed to be doing more hay... and my birthday no less....
Been looking at some land/property listings... popped up on my screen just a random ad, and started surfing. Gotta get things done here this year, first.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Finally all caught up! Now you won’t have to sign on to hundreds of notifications—just the regular ones 😂

I’m seriously getting a hate on for your DS’s GF. What a piece of work! Exploiting his need for a family of his own to manipulate him into bending over backwards for her all while making you out to be the “bad guy.” Yeah, I’ve met a few women like that. It’s awful to watch while being powerless to stop it…and it takes way too long for the guys caught in the web to realize that it doesn’t matter how much he bends over backwards—she’ll never truly reciprocate. Just use him until things get too difficult for her.
Sad.
I’m sorry you’re going through it and have to protect yourself from it. I think your plans of focusing on the heifers and milk cows while he does the steers is a good one. It’ll be nice too that he can move the steers around and it won’t be so frustrating when he doesn’t keep you in the loop.

Big hugs, lady! :hugs:hugs

I’ve really enjoyed catching up on this year of your journal. Definitely brought back a lot of memories of my own time with cows! Good times!—Both sincere and sarcastic 😂

I also wanted to say that I’m always so grateful and impressed by your support for anyone on the forum who needs help. You’re an amazing person and we’re lucky to have you here 🤗
Thank you. I am sure no saint....

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Tuesday. After 1p.m. and back home. Went and got the 4 sheets of "tin".. used the bale truck, I had a 6+ft piece of 2x4 that worked perfect across the back arms of the bale bed... fit perfectly for length... Unloaded at house... truck back at the barn. I will ask him if he wants me to move hay off Deb's and WHERE he wants it...
Next week he is going to the regional "roadeo" with VDOT... not to compete since he got cheated out of the local competition... but as a guest of one of the guys (each gets to take a guest... often they take their wife ) since he was going alone... and they will leave on Sunday so they will have time down there on Monday to do some sightseeing or whatever.

Want to bet I get asked last minute to feed chickens again...???

Also, there is a beef that has to get delivered to the butcher... so I will wind up doing that too.... either Sunday afternoon or early Monday morning.. prefer to do it Sunday aft if possible.

Corn is drying out fast, he is talking maybe them chopping on Friday-Sat???? Don't know if he can get enough blocks up and all... If he wants me to help do anything I will if I can... I am not offering; he can just ask... Done with all that.

Beautiful sunny day. 63 to start, 82 already so it will be warmer.. might hit 90 tomorrow????

Got calls out for the insurance quotes... the insurance I have had for years told me that it will be nearly $100 MORE if I go on quarterly payments than what I am paying for a full year in one payment. I was floored. Got another quote and they do not charge anymore for monthly as opposed to yearly payment... and it is a little cheaper if you figure the increase of the non-yearly payment increase....

Had 2 more farms opt out of testing as they are all busy as bees getting corn chopped and into silos.....that's pretty normal... it will be a "feast of famine" month next month....

Tail pipe on the outback is broken... got to get it looked at. Always something.

Ate a sandwich and a glass of tea. Time to do something constructive.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Too bad that he is being such a jerk to you. Them going on a nice holiday, inviting her mother, not you and keeping it a big secret is just another slap in the face. I know you wouldn't have gone, but it is still disrespectful.
Oh, yeah, he brought me back a key chain in leather with my name on it and a loaf of homemade bread, and a nice long sleeved T-shirt for my birthday... so the thought was nice... But he made the comment that he didn't know her mom was going (which I can believe as GF does what she wants and how she wants) because her mom had never been to Pigeon Forge... but he knew I had been there once... with my friend from CT.....
So that equals it out????:hu:idunno:th:duc:duc

Latest posts