Farmerjan's journal - Weather

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Focus! Focus on the prize! WHOOP! Chickens!!

Repeat after me! I will not get a greenhouse!
I will not get a greenhouse!
I will not get a greenhouse!
I’d like to look at a greenhouse!
I’d like to have a greenhouse!
I ordered a greenhouse!
I can’t wait for my greenhouse!
You’re a big help. You missed
Chickens in the greenhouse 🤣🤣

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Joking but scary on the branch manager's reaction....
Not even joking. Do people REALLY think that a bank of any size, small hometown to massive national, has everyone's deposits sitting in cash in a safe in the back room? In fact there is very little cash in any bank's vaults. Wouldn't take many people coming in wanting all their money in cash before the doors close because there is no cash left.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Monday. Nearly 2 pm and it barely feels like it was noon. :barnie:he:somad:somad:rant:rant HATE the time change. But that is my problem....It will take me a week at least to just get to where I can function somewhat sensibly... and DS will be wanting to do more stuff later in the evening because it is still light.

We got about 1+ inches yesterday... light snow all day. Temps stayed in the 30-32 range. Cold and raw. Today it is part sun and clouds, up to 50 but a cold feeling 50... snow mostly all gone.

Been on a support chat with microsoft for my email... cannot get access and all the BS hoopala you have to go through... and after all that, now have to wait 24 hours to be able to see if they accept my info to be able to get back into it. Said there was unusual activity and locked me out; and since the phone number is old and was a landline so I cannot get a code texted to me.... so going through the "verification system" is a royal PITA when you don't have any other email accounts, and then they want info on what emails and the addresses you sent them to and I am like "really?".... I can't begin to tell you the email address for work and have to go through all sorts of paperwork to find the one for the lawyer.... once they sent an email, the only contact I had was through the "reply" button.... I don't send emails.... I might respond to the ones I have to.

I HATE all this electronic CRAP. If it wasn't for work insisting on things being communicated through email, and the last few things I might still need to do for my parents estate... no it is NOT settled yet..... SO RIDICULOUS..... I would just drop it all. This world can't seem to function without being so tied up in electronic stuff... it is not worth all this.
I don't blame @CntryBoy777 that disconnected from all this. I miss his posts, but I get it.

I am also having a "blah" type day.... not in a very good mood after an hour in a chat room and still cannot go back to my email account until 24 hours elapses.....then it is IF they approve allowing me to go back in there....

Need to get something done in the house. Took out a sirloin tip roast to cook down in the crockpot I guess.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not even joking. Do people REALLY think that a bank of any size, small hometown to massive national, has everyone's deposits sitting in cash in a safe in the back room? In fact there is very little cash in any bank's vaults. Wouldn't take many people coming in wanting all their money in cash before the doors close because there is no cash left.
Exactly... and there are 2 banks that are involved from what I heard this morning.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yep, and apparently management at those 2 banks made some "risky" moves investing in long term government bonds (for the higher interest) that they had to sell at a loss before maturity when people wanted more money than the banks had calculated they would. This is in no way similar to the subprime mortgage fiasco of 2007-8.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
And another bank goes under - Signature Bank in NY closed by government regulators.