Feed for Brahmans/ zebus

Blackgold05

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Do indo- influenced cattle have different diet requirements or are they all the same feed wise? I’m interested in the zebu breed as well as Brahmans

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Seems to be half of the people in the zebu groups say that you need to treat them like sheep. No cattle, goat, horse or chicken feed, minerals or milk. Because the copper is too high.
The other half says it's fine.
Same with vets. One didn't believe any of it, other believed what I said and actually googled the breed before our appointment.

So, if you have sheep experience, treat them as sheep that moo.
If not, don't buy any products with copper added, milk replacer included. Or do so at your own risk.

Oh, and the milk thing. That was more confusing, as some said cow is fine, some said goat or sheep formula, but various amounts of water to powder and rest said full strength sheep milk.

More info I've found out that may explain the differences. The colors in them and body types, many believe that other cattle breeds were mixed in to get them. And I'd guess that those with more mix in them are the ones that may do fine being treated like any other bovine. Or it's just dumb luck. No real way to know.