Feed had mothes, now horse is coughing

zatsenoughcritters4me

Many Critters
Reaction score
I have a 4 year old paint mare, 14 1/2 hands high, in good condition. I went on vacation and my DH was taking care of her, he recently had eye surgery and has cataract in one eye, and other operated eye he has complications and still can't see.... well, he bought a bag of feed for my horse, and got senior feed for one, and when I got home and got a scoop a bunch of mothes flew out. he bought the bag only a few days before I got home, he didn't notice the flies, as I said his sight is not good. Ever since then she has started coughing. I stopped the feed after I saw the mothes..
and started the cough ease on her, everything else seems fine, she is healthy, and full of energy, eyes look good
is there anything I can do besides the cough ease???
I think she ate the feed for less than a week before I got home, which was just a few days ago.

houndit

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
That is all I would know to do. Wish I could be of more help. I hope she gets well!

zatsenoughcritters4me

Many Critters
Reaction score
thanks, I was hoping someone would have any answers or at least let me know I was doing the right thing. she wasn't coughing tonight.
thanks!