Feeder pig has greenish watery stools

goatyyymama164

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Today I noticed that Ham Solo had some greenish watery diarrhea. Yesterday I feed him his pellets, a whole lot of oldish cucumbers (he has had them before just not this many) from the farmers market, a orange sweet bell pepper, a corn on the cob, and a grapefruit. He seems like his normal self and none of the food was moldy or really bad. His poop has been fine the whole time we have had him but this is very odd. Could anyone help me figure out what is wrong? TIA!
3B95C49E-FD3C-411F-BD3E-CDF451EB5508.jpeg
1320B9B0-6845-4B5B-A9E3-CF9D71109673.jpeg

Last edited:

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Could just be the change in feed. Cukes are mostly water, so can thin out the feces and the rest of what you fed could also cause looser stools. I'd just monitor and if it doesn't revert to normal stools, I'd take it from there.

goatyyymama164

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Could just be the change in feed. Cukes are mostly water, so can thin out the feces and the rest of what you fed could also cause looser stools. I'd just monitor and if it doesn't revert to normal stools, I'd take it from there.
Thanks! Hope he's ok!

goatyyymama164

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
He still has some runny poop..now what am I going to do with all the cucumbers??....

goatyyymama164

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Let him have them. He’s enjoying them. Maybe squirt him with a water hose to clean up his behind?
this morning when I gave him his pellets he didn't eat them all he only eat maybe 2/3, there is still some left in his bucket. He usually eats the whole thing in one sitting but this morning he didn't. Did something make his stomach upset, besides the cucumbers?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Maybe. How is he today? I know you are worried and want the best for him. When I get an intestinal bug, I take apple cider vinegar. Put a couple of tablespoons on his feed. Give him half of his feed and cut out the treats.