Feeding old eggs from the incubator to pigs?

HobbyfarmOkie

Just born
Reaction score
I incubate eggs all the time and have a lot that don't make it or never develop. I read that someone feeds them to their pigs? Should I boil them first? Can they eat shells?

Womwotai

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I don't keep pigs but do feed my old eggs to the chickens and dogs. I don't do anything other than crack them open into a bowl. And that's only because I want to save the shells to feed back to the chickens later.

boothcreek

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I just toss them whole into the feeder, they love partially developed eggs

HobbyfarmOkie

Just born
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I will see if they eat them. I ordered a bunch of quail eggs and only half developed, so I have a bunch. Plus more from our chickens. They keep flipping their food and water pans over. I am using rubber pans. What do you all use? A trough? I've got a five gallon metal one, but if they will spill that too then its going to be a huge mess. They are in a stall for the next week while we get the electric wire put up.

jk47

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Not sure about partial developed eggs but I always hard boil any eggs I give to my pigs becaus there is less mess and pig process cooked eggs better then raw eggs

AshleyFishy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Always cook eggs before feeding them to pigs. The raw egg white has avidin in it that blocks absorption of biotin.