Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Very hot and humid again today. Finally got a 2 ltr bottle of frozen water into the cooler on the water wagon....I want to see how long that ice chest will keep it frozen in this kind of weather. Should make for some nice, cool water being dispensed into that trough.

Am loving this water wagon!!! Clean, cool water on demand. We are going to outfit another ice chest/cooler for the wagon and use the other free goat feeder/trough to double our water supply. Will move the mineral feeder and use the other side of the wagon.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Finally got A paddock fenced!!!! Now we can wait to do the back of the land later on in the year and move on to other big projects like building onto the wood shed to have more wood storage and a set of sorting pens and a loading chute for the sheep. Also need to roll out several bales of hay onto logging roads and landing sites.

After that I'm revamping our utility trailer into a stock trailer/wood trailer so it can more easily load and haul sheep from a variety of locations. One place we buy stock from has a loading dock on the barn, so we want to devise doors into the trailer that will work with that, while other places require a small ramp for loading. The current ramp onto that trailer is much too big, wide and heavy for use on a stock trailer.

Then we'll be cleaning up tree tops from the logging that was done.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Always work to be done on the farm!! I don’t think I’ll ever catch up!

Me neither, but I'm having a good time trying! I know people hear me say that and they think I've got a screw loose, but I like to work...it's not a dirty word to me like it has become to most of the world. This is work I love to do, so when I have it to do, I'm as happy as pigs in mud.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
I totally get that! Sure wish I had summers free to be here and knock out a lot of projects that just aren't doable in the winter. But I am grateful for the job I have and the ability to still do it. The list never shrinks does it?

It's funny, but it doesn't! When I worked full time, it seems I never had this much to do at home, though I worked on the homestead every weekend and days off. Now that I'm not working at all, I'm working harder than I ever did, just to try and keep my head above water.

I keep thinking, "When will I get this place well maintained, all things stored neatly, and functioning properly?" and it's almost like running in water. A lot of effort but not really going anyplace real fast....but it's kind of fun ticking projects off the list and gives me a good feeling, so it's all good!

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
A few pics showing how well these hair sheep eat brush. When most folks mention getting animals to eat brush, they always mention goats but I don't think they realize there are other good options.

This tree line is ordinarily a solid wall of greenery, from top to bottom. After the sheep are in that paddock, you can see the difference in a big way. All that's left clinging to the stems and branches are tiny leaves.

100_2157.JPG

100_2158.JPG

A few pics of the flock grazing in a temp paddock next to a neighbor's field. What's amazing is the shoulder height (to a sheep) grass behind that single line of hot wire and that no sheep dare cross it to get to that field.

100_2149.JPG

One of the twins, will be 3 mo. old in July. Time flies!

100_2143.JPG

And Blue, the faithful sheep dog. We give him large bones for each paddock so that when he gets there he'll have something to do while he's just lying around watching sheep.

100_2148.JPG

Last edited: