Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
I pet sat for some people that had a St. Bernard that when I showed up the first time to meet everyone jumped up and put her paws on my shoulders as soon as they opened the front door. By the time they came back home from their vacation she was MUCH better behaved, but I will never understand why people let big animals act like that.

Or small animals, even. It's just rude to allow your dogs to put their paws all over folks, no matter the size. People think because a dog is little that it's okay to let it jump up, but it's just as rude...those claws are sharp and old people have thin skin that tears like tissue paper.

Kusanar

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Or small animals, even. It's just rude to allow your dogs to put their paws all over folks, no matter the size. People think because a dog is little that it's okay to let it jump up, but it's just as rude...those claws are sharp and old people have thin skin that tears like tissue paper.
True. My small (13 pound) dog always wants to jump up but he won't if I tell him not too. But he is so small he has to stand up on your leg for you to reach down and rub him, so he is allowed to sometimes (when invited not on his own).

The big animals get super dangerous when they do stuff like that though.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh BEE!! It might not be nice, but I have to tell you that I laughed all the way through reading that! No training, no manners, big dummy dufus! Peed, pooped and slobbered all over your car! I'm sorry, but that is just too darn funny! hahaha! Oh my! A horse in a dog suit! :lol:

On the flip side, poor dog. It is not his fault, but he is the one that has to suffer the consequences. I'll say this, he's got the best home and now he at least has a shot at a better life. If you hadn't gotten him, he probably would have wound up in a shelter and who would want a big, no manners dog like that? NOBODY and it would have been lights out for him. God bless you for buying him anyway. I'll pray for you AND Murphy's Law. Audie Murphy indeed, he's more like Murphy's Law. Guffaw, Laugh, haha, whoo-boy! You are on a ride now!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just read that to to BJ, we both hee-hawed all the way through your adventure. I have tears in my eyes! Sorry, just can't stop laughing! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've laughed so hard, my nose is running......where's the kleenax?

Bay, you tickle me pink!!!! Now that it's over, I can laugh about it too....while it was happening I kept thinking, "WHAT have you just DONE?????" I called Eli on the way home and told him I had a pony in the back of the car and poop was flying everywhere and I thought maybe I had made a huge mistake.....and he calmed me down a good bit, told me he would help me train this one. Said we had two large black bear on the land right now and we needed a pony/dog right now, so it could turn out okay.

Funny thing was, as soon as that dog got out of the car he acted like a normal dog...calm as can be, hasn't let out a whine nor a bark, just laying out there like he really needed a nap after driving with that crazy woman who trapped him inside that misery buggy. :oops:

Bay, I hope you peed yer pants!!!! :D =D

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Maybe he's a diamond in the rough Bee. I know a gal that lives on a couple thousand acre cattle ranch in the middle of nowhere. It's hours to a vet. Their LGD's won't get into a vehicle so they trailer them in the big stock trailer.
I hope he turns into the best dog ever for you. And I hope you are able to get your car smelling like a regular car again also. 🤣

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Maybe he's a diamond in the rough Bee. I know a gal that lives on a couple thousand acre cattle ranch in the middle of nowhere. It's hours to a vet. Their LGD's won't get into a vehicle so they trailer them in the big stock trailer.
I hope he turns into the best dog ever for you. And I hope you are able to get your car smelling like a regular car again also. 🤣

I already told Eli that I will NEVER haul one of these dogs in the car again. Nowadays, folks will report you for hauling a dog in the back of your pickup, so the stock trailer it's going to have to be. I don't have a dog cage big enough for THIS size of a dog...I'm sure they make them but I'm not buying one.

Latest posts