Kusanar

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Make removable side walls for the back of the truck and either tie them down inside the walls or put a cattle panel lid on it. Then no one will know there is a dog in the back of the truck. Out of sight, out of mind.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
You mean that you don’t like Puppy de Poopy Phew Perfume??
Mom and I spent the entire morning scrubbing my car with strong Pine-Sol, sweeping out the tons of hair that clung to every crevice and surface, removed every object in the car and scrubbed that, removed all the carseat covers and washed those. It was a total overhaul...every window was smeared with dog juice, every surface had slobbers or green poop smears. It took a few hours with both of us working to even get it down to smelling like Ode d' Dog Lite with a whiff of pine.

Stopped and got a new car smell bomb this evening~will use that tomorrow as prescribed~ and the strongest air freshener money could buy.

Well, that takes care of the fall detailing of the car, I guess. :rolleyes: We'll go into winter smelling like new car, dog poop and pine~not necessarily in that order. Lovely.

Worked with Murphy today on the leash, on "sit" and on waiting politely for his food until I tell him he can have it. He did very well, though he wants to eat Dooley...can't say I blame him, if I were a dog I'd want to bite Dooley's jittery butt off too. Just too much jitter to stand.

He doesn't seem to have any meanness in him and he's been patient with all this new training, though he tends to want to crowd my space and use his body on me, which I will not allow....he'll get it, though. He's already learning Murphy is something he should pay attention to....if he wants a treat and good head scrubs.

Got him the heaviest cable tie out today money can buy for a dog and put him on Ben's old run line so he can sleep in Ben's comfy insulated dog house and memory foam bed tonight, out of the rain and cold front coming in. He has slept most of the day...all these changes are hard on a dog. Chickens all around him and drinking out of his water today and he didn't even look at them. We'll see how he goes along.

This dog originated from a working farm and reputable breeder of Anatolians, so could be he'll have good instincts that will kick in once we get him acclimated to the sheep. I hope and pray this is so.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
ACV is also a good deodorizer. After you air out the car and get all the smell out that you can, wet a rag with ACV, roll up the windows and park in the sun for the day. Then air out the car again.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love Murphy already. I think he's going to be the best dog ever.

He just may be! He chewed through his tie out the first night here and slept on the back porch all night. Could have ate every chicken and sheep on the place or ran off home during that time but he camped out on the back porch and never made a peep. Had a little set to with Dooley that morning but didn't kill him, so I put that down to his calm demeanor(outside of a moving car, that is).

He barked a few times in the night, just a few notes and nothing more. I can't imagine that dog needing to say much at all to get things to leave the premises....he's every bit as big as the male black bear that is traipsing over the back of our land. The female looks like she'd out weigh him but he's almost as tall as she is.

Could be he'll work out to be one of the best LGDs we've had in these recent years, though no dog could ever be as good as my Lucy, the Akbash, was. She was in a class of her own. If he stays in the fences and doesn't bite the sheep, chickens or humans, moves when we move the flock and doesn't kill the other dogs, I'll be pretty satisfied with him.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Murphy met Blue, tried to eat Blue and has also tried to snap Dooley again....he's got a tad bit of dog aggression~got corrections for being TOO aggressive and instructed on the true pecking order here~I rule, all dogs file in under that leadership. He'll either relearn that behavior when it comes to members of our pack, fit into this pack as a beta, or he will be gone. There's always a bit of a pecking order scuffle and I allow those....under supervision. He just needs to learn these dogs are under my protection, as is he, so he doesn't need to be so aggressive towards them.

We'll see if he can learn that. Training continues.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Murphy met some sheep, got up and barked at them, which was another teaching moment wherein he was backed down by me, told these were MY sheep. Then I watched...the sheep came back to investigate, Murphy lay still and watched, then the sheep left and Dog got good head scrubs and told "Good boy!"

He's learning. Love these teaching moments. We tethered him in the ram paddock and I just happen to be working in there today, so teaching moments were bound to occur. We'll keep repeating this tethering, slow introductions and then he'll be allowed to be tethered there unsupervised at night. We'll transition from that to Ecollar and off the tether to see how he does, so on and so forth.

He's been his own boss and the boss of his humans for over a year now and a big dog doesn't let that go easily, I imagine. It's been confusing for him but he's trying to adapt.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
He's been floundering around for a year with no direction. these dogs are smart and want to work. I think you got a winner.

So far I'm pretty pleased with his response to our intervening in this doggy life, Bay. He's big enough to tear us up if he wanted but he's taken it all with dignity but also with a humble spirit. I don't know if I can convince him not to beat up on Blue and Dooley but he doesn't seem human aggressive at all, so that bodes well.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Dog pack dynamics. They will figure it out. Blue is pretty laid back and I think he will relinquish his pack leader position to Murphy. It won’t happen all at once, but with your direction it will go easier than them fighting it out.

Where are pictures????

Latest posts