Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
I KNOW!!!!! I had the flashiest, prettiest spotty lambs this year--ALL BOYS. The 6 ewe lambs I am keeping are all white. of course they are.

Yes, you are amazing.
Awww, Bay....yer gonna make me cry. :hugs I just know if I have any other pretty lambs this season they'll be males also. I'd love to have a colorful flock but Shine's the only one that really stands out in a crowd.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Blue has been helping me lately to correct Pinky's recent want to run back and forth in front of the 4 wheeler as I'm driving into the field. Two different days he has driven her back from the 4 wheeler as soon as she started doing that. I'm so appreciative of that dog's intelligence and intuitiveness! Best $50 I've ever spent!

Both dogs waiting patiently by the gate....they've learned it won't open if they aren't calm.

DSCF0006.JPG

And waiting patiently for permission to eat.....they can't eat until they are lying calmly. Pretty soon they won't be doing that, as we are making them a jump pen and continuous feeder.
DSCF0008.JPG

And lounging with the sheep....Pinky is allowed to brush her body all over them, but not so much poor Blue. Only Rose will allow Blue to buddy up with her that close and he's nothing but polite to them all.
DSCF0022.JPG

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Had the vet out to the farm to give health check ups on dogs and sheep....she and her vet techs gave them all a clean bill of health, though she did mention their reflexes were BAD.

DSCF0029.JPG
DSCF0031.JPG
DSCF0033.JPG

This vet tech just wanted to pet Blue, as all the other animals scared her too much....really scared of the sheep! Blue is the all time favorite for the girls, as he maintains a calm, submissive demeanor to them all. He's always been so gentle and sweet, even as a much younger pup....the girls love that. They get frustrated with wiggly dogs that get in their faces.
DSCF0028.JPG

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
What a precious gift you provide for your "vet techs"!! They will always carry the wonderful memories spent at Grandma's farm and all the wisdom you teach them. It looks like a beautiful day for all, lots of fun and love.
It was Aliza's birthday the day previously, but we were celebrating it on Sunday. She loves to "farm" and always wants to "vet" the animals. She has a pink doctoring kit she takes around. After we caught Shine and held her (quite the rodeo, mind you)and she had examined her, gave her a shot, etc., she stood up and said, "Now....I'll have to examine ALL these sheep." :gig

I told her the next time we ran them through the handling system, I'd bring her out for giving them all check ups. She's priceless, that girl.....always keeps us laughing with her imagination.

Bay, we had a wonderful day and finished it up around a fire, looking at the stars and eating soup outdoors in the chilly night air. I'm so thankful that we have this place and can do these things with the kids. My grandma had a farm and that's the earliest memory I had of knowing I wanted to be a farmer too. She had Angus cattle, some pigs and chickens.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
What a lovely day and then soup around the campfire. Totally awesome.

I have a ewe that loves attention and comes up for the little girls to give hugs. She loves scratches and will paw at me with a dainty hoof when I stop scratching her. Her name is Ewenique and she can stay until she dies. Watching those little girls hug her and love her, well, there is no dollar amount that could buy her. She would love Aliza's doctoring!

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
What a lovely day and then soup around the campfire. Totally awesome.

I have a ewe that loves attention and comes up for the little girls to give hugs. She loves scratches and will paw at me with a dainty hoof when I stop scratching her. Her name is Ewenique and she can stay until she dies. Watching those little girls hug her and love her, well, there is no dollar amount that could buy her. She would love Aliza's doctoring!
I would LOVE to have a ewe like that....the girls need that. I'm guessing the only way I'd get that out of this flock is to raise a bottle baby, which I don't really want to do.

These sheep just crowd the girls if they have dog biscuits or they think they have them, then they duck away when the girls try to pet them.

I'd love to have a Ewenique just for myself too....I like petting a sheep whenever I can. I love the way these hair sheep smell and I like their personalities. :love

Grandma's house....it's where memories are made, huh?

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Dooley, the herding pup, has been sold to a much bigger outfit, with cattle and sheep. He will be on his way to a trainer in KY ASAP. Those folks have the money it takes to realize his full potential and I'm so very pleased for him. Hurt to let him go, though. It will be a better life for him than I could provide and he'll finally get to learn how to do what he wants to do so badly.

So, down to two dogs now and no one to guard the chickens. Dooley wasn't exactly guarding them, but his constant movement on the zip line up by the coop did afford some level of deterrent for predators.

Now it's up to God to guard them and provide a replacement if He wills it to be so.