Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It’s remarkable that Pinkie is so serious and not wanting to play. If Sheba could get to newborns, she would lick them and mom would reject that dog slobbered freaky THING!

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
It’s remarkable that Pinkie is so serious and not wanting to play. If Sheba could get to newborns, she would lick them and mom would reject that dog slobbered freaky THING!
I think it really came from her being with them since 2 mo. of age and from Shine being the first to lamb, thus teaching Pinky Pie the proper manners around lambs. Blue didn't have those good moments early on in his life, so still wants to get in there way too close. Pinky lays back and watches from a respectful distance all the while. Could be a girl thing vs a boy thing too, maybe? Boys more excited by the pregnancy hormones and girls not so much?

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got a new ram today at a good price. He's a really laid back, docile guy, 1 yr old, and I like a lot about his size and conformation. He's not perfect, by any means, but you don't get perfect for $200....for that amount, you get acceptable, if you are blessed. His lamb is a deep red with white markings with a really good top line and body length, so I'm hoping he can impart the same to my flock.

His pasterns and rump line aren't super pleasing to me~a tad weak in both areas~ but I like the rest of him and he's 100% better than rams we've had thus far and those that we have produced. He's bigger, his hair coat is better, his personality is better, he's taller and he's more evenly balanced than those we've had previously, so I'm very thankful to get him. He came from a flock that is participating in my state's program for improving parasite resistance in Katahdins, so I'm tickled pink to get him.

Will get some good pics this evening or tomorrow and share.

Going after another ram, ewe and twin lambs on Friday, so we'll finally have our two rams for separating our flock into breeding groups. This other ram is also 1 yr old, the ewe is the same and comes with her twin lambs, a ram and a ewe lamb.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Amazing how animals don’t cooperate with us....... ram rodeo! :lol:
He skipped out last night, jumped fence and was last spotted moving past my neighbor's turkey blind, heading into thousands of acres of uninhabited land owned by a pulp and paper company. As the movie says, "There they be monsters." so it's unlikely we'll recover him unless it's God's will that we do. The coyote pack, bobcats or the black bear can make short work of him out there.

I've prayed and committed him to the Lord and that's all I can do. Have looked high and low, called to no avail. Now He's in the Lord's hands.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That sucks. Maybe for new arrivals you should pen them up to acclimate them to you and their new surroundings. Maybe he wasn’t the greatest, but you paid money for him and your money will likely feed coyotes. Stupid durned sheep. :he:barnie:somad
I’m really sorry for you, El Stupido the ram and the whole situation.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
That sucks. Maybe for new arrivals you should pen them up to acclimate them to you and their new surroundings. Maybe he wasn’t the greatest, but you paid money for him and your money will likely feed coyotes. Stupid durned sheep. :he:barnie:somad
I’m really sorry for you, El Stupido the ram and the whole situation.
No worries, Bay....God brought him back to us! A mean ol' man from down the road found him in his field fighting with his scrubby little woolly head ram and penned him up for us~his ram comes up to this one's belly. Funny that God would use THAT particular man to recover our ram for us, as he is as evil as they come....I'm very surprised he didn't just shoot him and drag him to the back of his land, honestly. It's a God thing, I tell ya!

I'm praising God tonight for the recovery of this ram...he is soft tethered, firmly, right now until we can get him companions on Friday. After they have acclimated with one another and this place, we'll let him off the tether on a day we are all here and can monitor him, maybe lead him a bit next to the fence so he gets a negative experience from the fence....if he jumps fence again, he'll be taking a trip to the auction.

I'm guessing he didn't jump the fence to the big field to be with our gals because the dogs didn't let him...they don't know him from Adam, so likely just ran him off.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Whoop! God is good and throughout the Bible, used some very unlikely people to achieve results. I’m sure you were thunder struck by this particular man returning your ram. Glad he is back. So what’cha gonna name him? Surely something to highlight his jumping abilities!
Basketball (bounce bounce)
Leaping Larry
Jumping Jack
Wings
Ram Runner
:lol: