1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Guess the build... - Discussion thread.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Female Rabbits Sweating?

Discussion in 'Diseases & Injuries - Rabbits' started by Gingerpool, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Jul 28, 2018
    Gingerpool

Gingerpool Chillin' with the herd

Two of my does, who share a cage, have unusually wet chins almost like they've been drooling. They're teeth look like they should and it's really warm outside. I was wondering if this is sweat or something more sinister. Here are some photos...
    IMG_20180728_130649.jpg IMG_20180728_130619.jpg IMG_20180728_125712.jpg IMG_20180728_125701.jpg

2. Jul 28, 2018
    Tale of Tails Rabbitry

Tale of Tails Rabbitry Loving the herd life

Rabbits cannot sweat. They have been panting, which means they are not just stressed by the heat but in distress from the heat. You could lose them if you don't cool them down. Frozen water bottles, fans, bring them inside...whatever it takes.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    mystang89, Gingerpool and secuono like this.
  3. Jul 28, 2018
    Gingerpool

Gingerpool Chillin' with the herd

Oh ok. Thanks so much! I will get on that immediately! I can't lose them after so much work...:th:hit

Ice bottles coming right up and a fan massage:cool:

Edit: I never knew Rabbits liked Nibbling on Ice Cubes.:idunno Not complaining though, the problem is hopefully solved!!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018