Fencing in acres for goats, need advice

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Okay, I'm not sure why you continue to harp on this issue, so I'll try and keep it civil while answering your questions. I have ZERO interest in breeding my goats. I will not be owning a buck, and there aren't goats within 15 miles of my house, so I'm fairly confident none will show up and secretly breed with my does in the middle of the night like a little goat breeding ninja.

I do not want babies, I do not want to sell, or deal with finding a market, worrying about breeding lines, etc. THEY WILL BE PETS. I'm sorry I'm not sorry that this bothers you, and you think I'm an idiot. I do not care. My income flow is of no concern to me, and should be even less of a concern to you, because it is none of your business. I keep less than what I can afford, and all get top notch vet care if needed. I no longer own horses because my last one died of old age at 32, and since my daughter had lost interest in riding, I saw no reason to replace her.

I also said nothing about adding to my herd, like a crazy cat lady. I have 2. My daughter will be getting a show goat for 4-H in a couple months. That is 3 goats. How many, exactly, is needed to be considered a crazy collector with worries of PETA and the HSA descending on my property to swoop up my animals and burn me at the stake?

You are obnoxious and annoying. Please go bother someone else.

:thumbsup