Fencing tool kit items

chanceosunshine

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
My husband will be putting up fences in a couple months, mostly woven goat fencing and then some mobile electric fence.
I thought I make him a fencing tool kit for Christmas.
What tools/brands would you recommend to put in the kit?
Thanks!

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
G'day ,look for a wire strainer suitable for the wire type and if possible a "tension gauge" .Look for an alternative to wooden strainer and stay sections. steel star posts and a decent post driver ,use a plain wire top and bottom to fix the woven wire to stop visitors burrowing underneath. A good pair of fencing pliers and good quality "riggers gloves".

Hope that will assist you.....T.O.R.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We used T-posts for the run of wire. We used heavy treated posts for corners and H braces. To dig the holes for the wood posts, we used a gasoline auger from Harbor Freight. You can find them elsewhere, lots of places have them.

R2elk

Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
We used T-posts for the run of wire. We used heavy treated posts for corners and H braces. To dig the holes for the wood posts, we used a gasoline auger from Harbor Freight. You can find them elsewhere, lots of places have them.

I still use a manual post hole digger and a tamping bar.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a set of post hole diggers with offset handles that don't knock my knuckles together when using them. I just did a search and can't find them now. They look something like this, but are blue.

61VipmvXrEL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

R2elk

Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I have a set of post hole diggers with offset handles that don't knock my knuckles together when using them. I just did a search and can't find them now. They look something like this, but are blue.

61VipmvXrEL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Mine is just the old straight wooden handles one.