Ferguson K's kidding thread! - Morgan's turn

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
That just made my whole day!

He is proud of himself, and he should be. He keeps saying he's going to join the forum so he can learn more, but I think he's been listening all along!

Sightly was Disbudded today. One of my dairy goat mentors showed me a new trick that I'll never be able to explain but will make my life so much easier!

samssimonsays

Milo & Me Hoppy Tail Acres
Reaction score
somewhere in the Northern region of Minnesota
That just made my whole day!

He is proud of himself, and he should be. He keeps saying he's going to join the forum so he can learn more, but I think he's been listening all along!

Sightly was Disbudded today. One of my dairy goat mentors showed me a new trick that I'll never be able to explain but will make my life so much easier!
YOUTUBE IT! ;)

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
ne of my dairy goat mentors showed me a new trick that I'll never be able to explain but will make my life so much easier!
Ya gotta give us a hint! I'm about to start disbudding in a day or so and I want any trick that will make it easier!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh, please try, Kate! :idunno Goatgurl is going to help me disbud Woody next Monday. Since I'm new at this, I need all the helpful hints I can get.

I'm buying an iron from Jeffers today, since I will have more kids coming in April, from Ruby, that we will be our own, for disbidding. :hide

Always ice the head between burns!

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
Okay so when you're doing them solo, you've got to sit on them. She tucked their legs up nice and tight and did this squat/ lean thing.

When she's burning she has this wrist flick thing that *pops* them right off!

Here's a video showing her trick from her YouTube.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Always ice the head between burns!

When you say ice the head between burns do you burn one side then ice then burn the other side?
We burn both buds then ice
Then cut the bud with hoof sheers and then use the side of the iron to burn right in the bud
Then ice
Then burn both sides again
Then ice
Then spray burn spray on them

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pearl is up next, then Morgan. Could be as early as Wednesday (147, Pearls usual kidding day). With Morgan being a FF no idea if she'll go early or to her date (April 8th). Zinnia likes to go early with multiples. She's definitely got multiples.

I have to work all the way through Wednesday. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Oh wait.

Doe code.